Kwik Carb Waxy maize carb ?

Xpballer

Awards
  • Established
When is the best time to take this? Morning shake, pre workout, post workout?

And also, how much should be taken? Just trying to figure out my diet and carb timing and such..

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
post workout, about 50g or so at least..

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
This will open huge debate regarding carbs intake :)

I take 40-50g carbs and 40-50g whey protein right before workout, and another 40-50g Whey/Casein post workout with 50-100g carbs post workout.

I usually take maltodextrin before and maltodextrin and ground Oats post. I have not tried Waxy Maize.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
i do about 60g from oats pre, then 25g from kwik carb 25g from oats post when cutting, up it a bit post while bulking

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
I think many people forget how important pre is and only concentrate on post.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think many people forget how important pre is and only concentrate on post.
Depends on the person, I use MCTs instead of carbs and get more out of them. Granted, I don't get the pump that carbs can give but my PRs and body recomp have me caring less about the pumps. Post workout though carbs are definitely a must in almost all cases.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
if you want to gain some lbs i would say post and pre
pre to spike insulin and keep you anabolic state during workout also might help with pump and delivering nutritents like creatine and other stuff preworkout
post to spike insulin and help get that protein

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Depends on the person, I use MCTs instead of carbs and get more out of them. Granted, I don't get the pump that carbs can give but my PRs and body recomp have me caring less about the pumps. Post workout though carbs are definitely a must in almost all cases.
I was more referring to pre nutrition in general, not just carbs. I can live without carbs pre, but I still believe in taking my protein.

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
what about for people like me who are working out in the evenings..carbs still a good idea,even just post WO, when it's 2-3 hours before bed and you like to keep more of a shredded body type -- i.e. not a bulker.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
what about for people like me who are working out in the evenings..carbs still a good idea,even just post WO, when it's 2-3 hours before bed and you like to keep more of a shredded body type -- i.e. not a bulker.
thats kinda tricky
i dont know bud
but if it makes you feel better i wouldnt take carbs at night just a rule i live by

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You can take in carbs a couple hours away from sleep..

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Drink it Before DURING and Post

Right now Im eating at maint. so I drink one serving during my workout (sip in between sets) I throw 2.5 g of creatine monohydrate in there and some bcaa's and then post

1 serving waximaize one serving white rice anabolic OD

total carbs for post- like 90