whatcha know bout makin your own homemade preworkout???!!

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am sick of propitary blends- I just dont know for a fact how much of each supp they SAY is in there

So I am making my own- gettin some creatine mono creatine ethyl ester, powder caffine,Arganine powder, and bcaa's and mixing it MY DAMN SELF

This thread is deadicated to Home brew ideas for making your own preworkout'

The above recipe will include

5g creatine mono 3 g creatine ethyl e 200 mgs caffine 5 g arganine and 1 serving of bcaa's

I need more energy boosting supps perhaps alpha yohimbe as it can help prevent fat deposits

anywho post ur recipies!

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
I used to make my own pres, using basically what you have in addition to citrulline malate (sp?), taurine, lysine, and beta alanine. I'm interesting in adding geraniun oil to a mix like this.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
I used to do my own as well by buying bulk powders and then capping them. I don't see the point of pre-mixing them though. It is easier for me to just cap each ingredient and then just take the caps in any combination I like. I used to use different size caps for different size ingredients.

805bgtymer

Awards
3 grams crea pure, 3grams beta alanine, 4 grams citrulline malate, 3 grams taurine, 2 grams tyrosine, 200mg caffeine, 25mg 1,3 dim, plus a thermo gum B12 breath strip and its on like donkey kong!!!!!!! I also take it before I wash and wax my car, helps me power through the wax on wax off like Daniel in the karate kid! sweep the knee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
5 grams creapure, 5 grams beta alanine, 5 grams AAKG, 5 grams citruline malate, .50mg geranium oil, 200mg caffeine.

sluggy

sluggy

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Pre: 800mg Phosphatidylserine, 4.5g GPLC, 7-9g of Citrulline Malate, 1g Lysine & 1g Cordyceps

Post: 10g BCAA + 5g Taurine + 2-3g Glutamine + 5g Creatine Mono

/thread

(if you want Beta Alanine, take 6g split throughout the day.. not immediately preworkout)

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I buy some stuff from PP to make good ****tails. MAP, BA, Creapure, GPLC, some CM....ya know whatever you want

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So What I do is have a foundation with like pre surge unleashed and half of anarchy than what ever I feel is low like BA and GPLC and Creatine I will add a few grams more of each to compleat it. I think that way the flavoring is already taken care of some of the micro nutrients you can't buy endless your a company is taken care of.
Get some pre surge unleashed with some anarchy than add 2 more grams of GPLC 2 more grams of BA and 2 more grams of Creatine mono or con cret. Your set.

bosompincher

Banned
Awards
Top thread my man.I use to use PWO drinks i.e BSN No Xplode,Axis Labs Smash,VPX No Shotgun.I am sure there is some good one's around today and mayb once in a while I will try one out just for curiosity,but mostly I will continue to make up my own as none of these really impressed me that much.

I use the bulk powders i.e creatine,citrulline malate,arginine and BA usually 5-10 gms of each.

I like what some other poster's have mentioned about some caffeine(200mg) and geranium(not sure on how much of this).I have the NP Geranium caps and that is a powerful type so possibly starting at (half a cap..30mg) would be ideal.

Looking forward to other recipes....FOR SURE!!!! :)

BP

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
5 grams creapure, 5 grams beta alanine, 5 grams AAKG, 5 grams citruline malate, .50mg geranium oil, 200mg caffeine.
Almost perfect combo^. I do the same except drop the AAKG and replace with 10g BCAA's and 3g Taurine

(if you want Beta Alanine, take 6g split throughout the day.. not immediately preworkout)

I agree that the 6g of Beta Alanine is better split throughout the day(studies were conducted this way), But I do like to take at least 2g preWO it seems to give a nice tingle during my workout.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Almost perfect combo^. I do the same except drop the AAKG and replace with 10g BCAA's and 3g Taurine

I agree that the 6g of Beta Alanine is better split throughout the day(studies were conducted this way), But I do like to take at least 2g preWO it seems to give a nice tingle during my workout.
Or, add the BCAAs and taurine with the AAKG. I like 4-5 grams BA pre wkout.. The burning sensation really motivates me lol..

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
Or, add the BCAAs and taurine with the AAKG. I like 4-5 grams BA pre wkout.. The burning sensation really motivates me lol..
^lol BURN baby BURN!!! Well now I'm going to bump up my dose to 4g of BA preWO to see how much burn/tingle I can handle.:sgrin:

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
^lol BURN baby BURN!!! Well now I'm going to bump up my dose to 4g of BA preWO to see how much burn/tingle I can handle.:sgrin:
I take about 5 and drink my Pre 7 minutes before hitting gym.. Damn near crash my car because it burns my whole body lol..

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol at above comment

So this is what I got so far for additions some citurlean malate (sp?) Alpha Yohimbe, and perhaps some guerniam oil- where can I get?

Concoction- creatine mono 5g, Beta Alanine- 4g, Arganine- 5 g Caffine 200 mgs Citrulean Malate- 5 g, BCAA- two servings (never used bcaa I got a tub for free from AMS Body mortar- they are going to sponsor me for a log and sent that along)

I think that I would be an epic pre workout- I mean jacked is good- but I dont know how much of what Im getting

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
wtf is GPLC?

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Lol at above comment

So this is what I got so far for additions some citurlean malate (sp?) Alpha Yohimbe, and perhaps some guerniam oil- where can I get?

Concoction- creatine mono 5g, Beta Alanine- 4g, Arganine- 5 g Caffine 200 mgs Citrulean Malate- 5 g, BCAA- two servings (never used bcaa I got a tub for free from AMS Body mortar- they are going to sponsor me for a log and sent that along)

I think that I would be an epic pre workout- I mean jacked is good- but I dont know how much of what Im getting
I think jack3d has 2.5mg cre 2.5 beta 2.5 aakg 100mg caf and .25mg geramium oil per scoop.

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
wtf is GPLC?
Glycine Propionyl-L-Carnitine (GPLC)

It is way better than AAKG or any arginine out there. Google this and read the info out there on it. I will probly add this to my preWO when I get a little more dough.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Glycine Propionyl-L-Carnitine (GPLC)

It is way better than AAKG or any arginine out there. Google this and read the info out there on it. I will probly add this to my preWO when I get a little more dough.
It is also more expensive than it should be :p

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
I think jack3d has 2.5mg cre 2.5 beta 2.5 aakg 100mg caf and .25mg geramium oil per scoop.
The proprietary blend of Jack3d is only 4,145mg per scoop, but your suggestion is a total of 7,625mg?????

Jack3d is super underdosed IMHO.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hmm I will have to google this- arganine arganine arganine is all I hear about- and i get better pumps from just saturating my body with carbs (sippin on waximaize intra workout with creatine thrown in) Yeah Jacked- I have to take 3 f'n scoops! I got a bottle of anadraulic pump otw but after that its homebrewed till the winter cycle of anabolics

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
after about ten minutes reading on it I came up with this lol- Argainine in HIGH doses (usually intravenous) can induce an increase in Nitric Oxide- however the supplement market is flooded(duh) with products that have argainine that claim the increase NO

This GPLC while new and still being tested has netted several results in which increased levels of NO where found in the blood-

This is a must for my homemade concoction

5g Creapure, 10g BCAA, 200 mg caffine, GPLC, and some Malate I think is all I need? Anyone see a need to throw anything else in here?

Also please post what has worked for you in the past! Keep em comin!

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And endoamp looks great- but I cant afford 52 bucks lolz

Next pay check is when I am going to order this hsit

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Id leave out the CEE, and Id also take the creatine post workout. It's just one more thing to digest during.

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
i just started taking NP Geranium caps, so far so good. I think i would stick to this.

MrDeadlift

Awards
I went that route myself few years back when I got sick of the same crap. I also hated the propriety blends and not knowing how much I am getting and being able to make a decision whether I need to add more to it or not. In my heart I knew I was not getting my money's worth in terms of dosage but had to drink the kool aid. After a while, as I looked back at the many jars and different brands I have consumed I was not satisfied with the results nor could I justify continuing that route.

Saying that, there are few legit brands out there that I admire and continue to use. I also like the control of making my own mix which I did enjoy but honestly it becomes a hassle and inconvenience in terms of time/money. Not to mention my kitchen truly looked like a lab, with all the bulk powders.

Two brands I advise you to try and take advantage of their formula and add to it what you think is missing (if any). For me, this was cheaper and quicker. They have no fillers. no marketing hype, no bull ****. They are used underground by many bodybuilders which is how I came to know of them and not as main stream and popular in the magazines.

1. Bulldozer XL5000 from Neuro Research
1 scoop = 15.3 grams/ 30 Servings

Leucine 1250 mg
isoleucine 625 mg
valine 625 mg
Creatine Monohydrate 2000 mg
Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate 1500 mg
Glutamine 1500
Citrulline Malate 1000 mg
Beta Alanine 1000 mg
Glycine 1000 mg
Taurine 1000 mg
Carnitine-L-Tartrate 500 mg
Dextrose 3000 mg
N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine 200 mg
Caffiene Anhydrous 100 mg
Vinpocetine 10 mg

2. Up-Lift from Beverly International
2 Scoops = 22g/15 Servings

Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) 500mg
Niacin (Niacinamide & Niacin) 50mg

Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate 3.5g
L-Alanine 3g
Betaine HCL 2g
Glycine 2g
L-Tyrosine 1.5g
L-Citrulline 1.15g
L-Histidine HCl 1g
Beta Alanine 1g
Golden Root Extract 150mg
American Ginseng, Root 100mg
L-Carnosine 50mg

Good Luck

bosompincher

Banned
Awards
i just started taking NP Geranium caps, so far so good. I think i would stick to this.
b careful bro they potent ****ers,I can't handle one a day it too much.I going to play around abit with some of it and some caff etc LOL

I notice they shut me down too but have read alot of pple get that from geranium.

Super value as always from NP.

BP

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
This is a must for my homemade concoction

5g Creapure, 10g BCAA, 200 mg caffine, GPLC, and some Malate I think is all I need? Anyone see a need to throw anything else in here?

Also please post what has worked for you in the past! Keep em comin!
that actually looks really good. I would add in 3g beta alanine for sure, and 3g taurine IF you're on AAS.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
that actually looks really good. I would add in 3g beta alanine for sure, and 3g taurine IF you're on AAS.
nah not on any hormonals atm- in fact i dont even use preworkouts when on AAS

But I may start!

Shutdown from geuranium? Possible?

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
nah not on any hormonals atm- in fact i dont even use preworkouts when on AAS

But I may start!

Shutdown from geuranium? Possible?
Well if not on AAS them just add the beta alanine and forget the taurine.

And shutdown from geranium? Never heard of HPTA shutdown, but have experienced adrenal gland shutdown from it. It's easy to become dependent on geranium in my experience. So, now I use it sparingly. Not everyday like I used to. More like once a week when I need a real kick, or maybe twice.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
how many mgs would you rec? I know nothing of this substance and I will research it

This is an epic thread gents keep the ideas flowing!

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
how many mgs would you rec? I know nothing of this substance and I will research it

This is an epic thread gents keep the ideas flowing!
If you have never taken geranium, I'd say 25-30mg. But I have used it to the point that 60mg doesn't have as much kick as I need. So be careful with this substance. You're tolerance will build up easily if you use this in all your preWO supplementation.

crush22

Awards
3 g creapure, 3 g BA, 3 g GMS, 4.5 GPLC, 200mg caffiene, every now and then I'll add 60mg Geranium.

Have been playing with the idea of adding 100 mg of Norvaline.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
will pick up the geranium but will not use it more than 3 times a week

Dont wanna burn out my adrenal glands

I got like an extra 300 to spend Im going to buy some GOODIES!

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established
2 RPM(Heh, I know it's not homeade), 3-4g BA, 4g CM, 5g Creatine, 5g Glutamine along with 20g BCAA and mixed with 1 cup of OJ and some water.

Works awesome for me. RPM gets me focused and the homemade mix gets me through the workout.

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
ahhhh yeah!!!! powdered BCAA's, creatine mono (no other bogus creatines), glycine, maltodextrine and L-glutamine....and flavor it with sugar free kool-aide...YUM!!! OH!! and then swallow a vivarin afterwards....alot cheaper than jack3d and others.