Muscle Milk Protein+??

Roguearthur

Roguearthur

Awards
I was at Costco and they have some good priced protein, but the only 2 choices are just Muscle Milk whey, and Muscle Milk Protein+.

so 2 questions! is Muscle milk that good of a brand? doesn't seem like many people use it, also has anybody heard of protein+ by them? It says it is special because it mixes a bunch of things. it has Whey, Casein, Milk protein, L-Glutamine, and Glutamine Peptides.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
muscle milk is not the brand cytosport is the brand and me being an "easygainer used there muscle milk and i got pretty fat but i did put on some good strength and size. do you know they based their formula on human milk

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like muscle milk it's just to pricey for me. IMO you won't notice the difference between whey and protein+.

dropshot001

Awards
there are better proteins out there than muscle milk

Roguearthur

Roguearthur

Awards
muscle milk is not the brand cytosport is the brand and me being an "easygainer used there muscle milk and i got pretty fat but i did put on some good strength and size. do you know they based their formula on human milk
Yeah! I don't get it, my trainer said muslce milk is good for bulking up or some ****, but.. muscle milk likes to post on all the products how it will help you burn fat and pretty much lose weight! lol

dropshot001

Awards
Yeah! I don't get it, my trainer said muslce milk is good for bulking up or some ****, but.. muscle milk likes to post on all the products how it will help you burn fat and pretty much lose weight! lol
that stuff is just marketing, whether or not its true depends on a variety of factors, not just if you take or don't take muscle milk

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
It is too expensive, even at Costco. The MM at Costco is just a whey powder.

Roguearthur

Roguearthur

Awards
It is too expensive, even at Costco. The MM at Costco is just a whey powder.
I think for a 5lb tub of whey it was 40 dollars, online im finding it for around 45, and thats not counting shipping, where online can i buy 5lb protein for under 40 dollars?

I know they have whey, but they also have this protein+.. its different atleast says, I really doubt it matters, but my mom bought it and im curious. I guess their reasoning for casein and whey in one, is casein actually releases faster then whey at first, or something stupid like that, if that is true, I obviously don't think it matters that much, considering not everybody is dying to stack Casein and Whey.
But what about the gluatmine, does that even really do anything? probably not a lot in it even.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
Save your money and buy something inexpensive. I'd rather purchase Body Fortress or Six Star before I buy that crap.

Roguearthur

Roguearthur

Awards
Save your money and buy something inexpensive. I'd rather purchase Body Fortress or Six Star before I buy that crap.
Yeah, was just curious I think I'm going to switch to syntha-6. 5lb is about 40 dollars and i hear its good.

GregW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, was just curious I think I'm going to switch to syntha-6. 5lb is about 40 dollars and i hear its good.
syntha6 is loaded with carbs fats and cholesterol. we dont need more cholesterol in our diets.

Check out Trutein, it's a blend of 40% whey, 40% micellar casein and 20% egg white - we're one of the few that do not hide anything in a proprietary blend, plus the reviews all substantiate its fantastic taste.

wontstop985

wontstop985

Awards
  • Established
I drink the premade Muscle Milk shakes all the time (convenient to throw in the backpack when I go to class).

And oh my f*ck they taste good.

Just letting everybody know.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
syntha6 is loaded with carbs fats and cholesterol. we dont need more cholesterol in our diets.

Check out Trutein, it's a blend of 40% whey, 40% micellar casein and 20% egg white - we're one of the few that do not hide anything in a proprietary blend, plus the reviews all substantiate its fantastic taste.
Sorry to jump in here, but doesn't Trutein contain fat, cholesterol, and carbs as well? if so, theirs is just slightly higher than yours from what I read on the labels, and considering the serving sizes.

I don't have a problem with Trutein, the blend looks good. the 40/40/20 ration is great. But Syntha6 is still a great product as well.

GregW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sorry to jump in here, but doesn't Trutein contain fat, cholesterol, and carbs as well? if so, theirs is just slightly higher than yours from what I read on the labels, and considering the serving sizes.

I don't have a problem with Trutein, the blend looks good. the 40/40/20 ration is great. But Syntha6 is still a great product as well.
When you're talking 3-4 shakes a day, the little things like Cholesterol and Sodium really add up!

Format:
Trutein vs Syntha 6

Cholesterol: 30mg vs 60mg (twice as much)

Fat: 1.5g vs 6g (400% more)

Sat Fat: .5 vs 2 (400% more)

Net Carbs 2.5g vs 8g (320% more)

Sodium: 45mg vs 190mg (420% more)

cowboy007

cowboy007

Awards
  • Established
Body Fortress ($14) and Pro Perfromances Whey Protein Blend ($16) make up 85% of the protein (non food of course) I consume

Most of the protein stuff is nothing but marketing.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
When you're talking 3-4 shakes a day, the little things like Cholesterol and Sodium really add up!

Format:
Trutein vs Syntha 6

Cholesterol: 30mg vs 60mg (twice as much)

Fat: 1.5g vs 6g (400% more)

Sat Fat: .5 vs 2 (400% more)

Net Carbs 2.5g vs 8g (320% more)

Sodium: 45mg vs 190mg (420% more)
Actually you're comparing 34g to 44g, and the carbs are mostly from Fiber. I haven't spent the time to look at the fat source either.

You stated yours has 40% Whey, 40 Casein, 20% Egg. The label lists Casein first, Egg second, Whey third. Either the label is incorrect (highest concentration first), or it is not 40/40/20 Whey/Casein/Egg. Either way, the mix is still a solid mix however the concentration is.

But again, my comment was related to you bashing another product for content you have in your own product, quantities aside.

If Carbs, Fats, and Cholesterol are such a bad thing and you will tell people to stay away from them, then why put them in yours at all? There are other products out there that do not contain any fat, or cholesterol, and little to no carbs. Are you telling people to stay away from your own product?

Out of respect to others, just offer your product as a valid option. We will love you for bringing us more options.

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
The calorie content is quite high too.

MrDeadlift

Awards
I used to be a huge fan of muscle milk, mainly for the taste and not results. I loved the smell, the flavor and the variety as I used to get bored from your typical Choc, Van and Straw. It helped me gain weight in the past, which I can tell was sugar related but it was OK during my bulking period. Then I learned the hard way "If its too good to be true, then it is too good to be true". Whey Protein tasting and smelling that good should make you think twice about the quality and quantity of the protein in that jar. The science of Aroma and Taste has developed a whole new industry based on scam. There are better options out there.

Good Luck

GregW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If Carbs, Fats, and Cholesterol are such a bad thing and you will tell people to stay away from them, then why put them in yours at all?
When did I say that Carbs and Fats and Cholesterol are explicitly a bad thing? lol

As a means of perspective, Syntha 6 contains 60mg Cholesterol or 20% of your DV. Take that 3 times a day and you have consumed 60% of your DV of cholesterol from proteins shakes alone. Now consider the "real" food you put in your body...that knocks the cholesterol well above the 100-range.

Roguearthur

Roguearthur

Awards
Wow! lots of responses! haha I was at GNC just looking at brands, since I don't like to buy there considering the price but man, there amp brand whey protein, I really like how it has about 93 calories to 20g of protein, and the taste is amazing! only problem is lol at it being 60 dollars for 3lb.

and I might just stay clear of syntha-6, 200 calories, I feel like I shouldn't even be taking any protein, I'm trying to lose weight, but i guess I want to keep some of this muscle I work on everday lol

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
Cholesterol, carbohydrates and fats are not always a bad thing. Depending on your goals this all may be very useful. I personally prefer Whey protein, since I only consume a protein shake post workout and the remainder of the day is solid foods.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Cholesterol, carbohydrates and fats are not always a bad thing. Depending on your goals this all may be very useful. I personally prefer Whey protein, since I only consume a protein shake post workout and the remainder of the day is solid foods.
Whey + Casein can be benefitial post workout according to some research.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Muscle Milk is more of a meal replacement, hence the high calories and extra fats and carbs. I believe Muscle Milk Protein+ is just protein, I cannot find the label online for some reason. There is a difference between the two.

Roguearthur

Roguearthur

Awards
Muscle Milk is more of a meal replacement, hence the high calories and extra fats and carbs. I believe Muscle Milk Protein+ is just protein, I cannot find the label online for some reason. There is a difference between the two.
I have the labels as pictures, but i cant post links on the forums yet!! :'(

good2Badawg

Awards
  • Established
Actually you're comparing 34g to 44g, and the carbs are mostly from Fiber. I haven't spent the time to look at the fat source either.

You stated yours has 40% Whey, 40 Casein, 20% Egg. The label lists Casein first, Egg second, Whey third. Either the label is incorrect (highest concentration first), or it is not 40/40/20 Whey/Casein/Egg. Either way, the mix is still a solid mix however the concentration is.

But again, my comment was related to you bashing another product for content you have in your own product, quantities aside.

If Carbs, Fats, and Cholesterol are such a bad thing and you will tell people to stay away from them, then why put them in yours at all? There are other products out there that do not contain any fat, or cholesterol, and little to no carbs. Are you telling people to stay away from your own product?

Out of respect to others, just offer your product as a valid option. We will love you for bringing us more options.
on the freakin money. ive said it before you dont need to give us a hard sale dude. if the product is good it will gain a reputation around here.:loser:

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Yes, that would be better if I could afford it.
Just stick with Body Fortress protein, and you can throw in some milk or yogurt if you like. It doesn't have to be from powder.

Body Fortress is Whey Concentrate, and Whey Isolate. Concentrate is really not as bad as people make it out to be. In fact, it is still better than some Isolates out there. The only thing about the concentrate is that it still contains little fat and lactose, if you can tolerate it then who cares.

The other issue people have with Body Fortress that it contains Creatine oh no! Not sure what that big fuss is about. It has 2.5g TOTAL of Creatine, Taurine, Glutamine, AND BCAAs in a single scoop.

1 Scoop: 34g
Fat: 2g
Chol: 45mg
Carbs: 3.5 (.5 fiber)
Protein: 26g
Creatine, Taurine, Glutamine, AND BCAAs: 2.5g

Roguearthur

Roguearthur

Awards
Just stick with Body Fortress protein, and you can throw in some milk or yogurt if you like. It doesn't have to be from powder.

Body Fortress is Whey Concentrate, and Whey Isolate. Concentrate is really not as bad as people make it out to be. In fact, it is still better than some Isolates out there. The only thing about the concentrate is that it still contains little fat and lactose, if you can tolerate it then who cares.

The other issue people have with Body Fortress that it contains Creatine oh no! Not sure what that big fuss is about. It has 2.5g TOTAL of Creatine, Taurine, Glutamine, AND BCAAs in a single scoop.

nice! I'm checking out Body Fortress and NutraPro right now, the NutraPro seems really impressive! I'm liking the price, the 110calories 1gram of fat! I really feel like I shouldn't even bother with protein till I cut all the weight I wanted to, but if I get something like NutraPro... :love:

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
You always need protein, more so when cutting to prevent/slow down muscle loss. Nutrapro seem like great whey and the price is amazing.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established

Yea, I have did this in the past. I tend to stay away from most dairy products. Dairy makes me fat and bloated. Of course whey is a dairy product, but that is about the only thing I consume with the occasional cheese here and there.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
The bloating is probably caused by the lactose. Try lactose free milk. I have the same problem with milk. If you have problems with Lactose, then you may want to get Nutrapro since it is an isolate from what I read. Isolates are lactose free and virtually fat free. Concentrates contain lactose and fat. As far as fat goes, get skim diary products if you like.