IF YOURE HEALTHY SHOULD YOU USE INSULIN MIMIKERS

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

IF YOURE HEALTHY SHOULD YOU USE INSULIN MIMIKERS

There are several ingredients which have been around for years , that are suddenly being made into a recomp supplement /insulin mimiker,comprising of several ingredients

Some ingredients are 1gymnema sylvestre a natural treatment for diabetes,

2 banaba leaf-extracted to contain a % of Corosolic acid whichcan work like insulin to reduce blood sugar levels by transporting glucose into cells and out of the bloodstream. This can be beneficial to anyone who has trouble with high blood sugar, and especially to those with insulin resistance or diabetes.

3 cinnamon extract-A water-soluble, cinnamon extract has been shown to reduce fasting blood sugar levels in patients with type 2 diabetes, according to a new study from the University of Hannover in Hannover

Theres a few more i know not mentioned but the above all have one link -diabetes.

So if your healthy , no diabetic issues , are you messing about with a hormone that would be better left to do its job without external interference?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  264 lbs.

i do not mess with my insulin scares me. i do use food though like fast digestive carbs with whey after a workout
  3. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

I'm healthy but my younger years were hard on my insulin. Also my diet is not spot on. I'll have icecream on a 100 degree day or too many beers at a bachelor party. I think the insulin supps help negate those unhealthy years and my current bad days.
    •   

4. Registered User

Great thread.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.

i happen to think they are just fine in moderation, i dont feel that anything to help to bodys response to sugar is a bad thing. now introducing a precursor or the actual thing (think an INSULIN PH type product which i odnt think they could ever make, but maybe, or actual Insulin) i am very much against, i dont feel we know enough about the body and its reactions to try to play god will something as powerfull as insulin,

the body's negative feedback loop for Insulin i dont think is as safe to F-with as the hormonal one such as testosterone and Sex hormones becasue if you think about it, you take insulin in, with low or no carbs you get hypoglycemic response, possibly even coma and death, now if you were to take in a dose of test, i dont see any harm other than your HPTA being screwed up, but nothing deadly
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Nutrition(health proetin ,healthy carbs,healthy fats)
    By John Smeton in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-12-2004, 11:10 PM
  2. exogenous insulin use and insulin sensitivity ?
    By raybravo in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-29-2003, 04:56 PM