Nutrapro Vs Gold standard, who wins?

  1. Registered User
    rochabp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,190
    Rep Power
    216443

    Nutrapro Vs Gold standard, who wins?


    i was a gold standard (from optimum) type of guy and i thought i would never switch but then nutrapro caught my eye. so i ordered it and it arrived today. i opened it tried it in water, someone call the cops cuz Nutrapro murdered Gold standard in the taste category. Plus it changes colors (watermelon) i thought it was a mistake, i thought they had put vanilla instead of Watermelon but i whooped out a scoop and and bam it turns pinkish red.
    so heres what i want to discuss in terms of protein not taste which is "better" Gold standard or Nutrapro?
    to me it looks like Nutrapro is cleaner with 1g of fat and 1 g carb. while Gold standard has 3 g of carbs and 1.5 of fat but it has 24 g of protein.

    So which would you buy? which is better InYourOpinion
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.

  2. Registered User
    SouthernCharm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  261 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In your house, taking your superdrol
    Posts
    4,253
    Rep Power
    3297

    I like them both. But when I use ON i use Pro Complex. I have a wide variety of protein powders in my stash. Nutrapro for post workout, a ON casein for bedtime, and a egg/whey/casein blend I get from a local store (my buddy's shop) that I drink throughout the day...

    Nutrapro is excellent for the price and goes down smooth. I will have to try the watermelon out, as I usually go with staples like chocolate and vanilla.
    **** Line @ NUTRAPLANET

    All posts are for entertainment purposes only.

    Need2slin... NOM NOM NOM :yup:
  3. Registered User
    rochabp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,190
    Rep Power
    216443

    which would you give the edge to?
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    SouthernCharm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  261 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In your house, taking your superdrol
    Posts
    4,253
    Rep Power
    3297

    lol well because ive tried just about every flavor from ON i like ON, but I like the price on Nutrapro. It's hard to say really

    but honestly I like the protein i get from my friends shop the best. It taste like a f**kin candy bar. and its slow/medium/fast acting all in one with 9 grams of bcaa and 34g protein in each scoop. 57 servings for 47.99
    **** Line @ NUTRAPLANET

    All posts are for entertainment purposes only.

    Need2slin... NOM NOM NOM :yup:
  5. Registered User
    dusty's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lonestar State
    Posts
    154
    Rep Power
    136

    I like Nutrapro due to the amino acids (and Nutrapro tastes better in water).
  6. Registered User
    rochabp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,190
    Rep Power
    216443

    Quote Originally Posted by dusty View Post
    I like Nutrapro due to the amino acids (and Nutrapro tastes better in water).
    what do you mean? and yeah nutra taste way better in water
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  7. Registered User
    lonewolf0420's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,314
    Rep Power
    1678

    ON destroys my stomach.

    NutraPro as my vote. Plus I like the tastes better.
  8. Banned
    crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,431
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420 View Post
    ON destroys my stomach.

    NutraPro as my vote. Plus I like the tastes better.
    x2 except i genuinly hate the vanilla, and am not a fan of watermelon, and i have a bunch of those left.
  9. Registered User
    rochabp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,190
    Rep Power
    216443

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    x2 except i genuinly hate the vanilla, and am not a fan of watermelon, and i have a bunch of those left.
    well i hate chocolate i dont care who makes it
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  10. Banned
    crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,431
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by rochabp View Post
    well i hate chocolate i dont care who makes it
    i like vanilla though, i just cant stand nutrapro vanilla.

    Supreme Whey i think it is makes a great vanilla.
  11. Registered User
    rochabp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,190
    Rep Power
    216443

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    i like vanilla though, i just cant stand nutrapro vanilla.

    Supreme Whey i think it is makes a great vanilla.
    bro i just tried vanilla
    IT IS FREAKIN DELICIOUS THE BEST VANILLA IVE EVER HAD BY FAR. AND I ORDER ALOT OF VANILLA FROM MANY DIFFERENT COMPANIES THIS IS THE BEST VANILLA EVER.
    i love it i think this is a keeper, IMO. it has like a sweet taste to it
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  12. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    GregW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    259
    Rep Power
    186

    When we were forumulating Trutein we ran it off against a number of ON flavors. I could not believe how bad the ON flavors were across the board. The chocolate didn't even taste like chocolate. This was very surprising to me since with the premium ON charges you'd think they'd reinvest a small percentage in higher quality flavoring systems.

    If anyone is interested in something that Southern Charm spoke about above, give Trutein a try...it's 40% whey 40% casein and 20% egg white (nothing hidden in a proprietary blend). You can read reviews on your subforum here at AM...many people swear the vanilla tastes exactly like a McDonald's vanilla milkshake and our other flavors are outstanding as well. We're available on NP and our own website.
  13. Registered User
    rochabp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,190
    Rep Power
    216443

    Quote Originally Posted by GregW View Post
    When we were forumulating Trutein we ran it off against a number of ON flavors. I could not believe how bad the ON flavors were across the board. The chocolate didn't even taste like chocolate. This was very surprising to me since with the premium ON charges you'd think they'd reinvest a small percentage in higher quality flavoring systems.

    If anyone is interested in something that Southern Charm spoke about above, give Trutein a try...it's 40% whey 40% casein and 20% egg white (nothing hidden in a proprietary blend). You can read reviews on your subforum here at AM...many people swear the vanilla tastes exactly like a McDonald's vanilla milkshake and our other flavors are outstanding as well. We're available on NP and our own website.
    as soon as i finish my two 5lbs bottles of nutrapro ill look into trutein until them i doubt it.
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  14. Registered User
    SuperRook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    51
    Rep Power
    78

    Nutrapro Wins.

    Protein Content
    ON - 1 scoop = 32.4g --- 24g Protein --- 24/32.4 = 74.1% protein per scoop

    NP - 1 scoop = 28.4g --- 22g Protein --- 22/28.4 = 77.4% protein per scoop

    = NP wins with more protein per gram of total weight

    Fat Content
    ON - 1 scoop = 1.5g fat, .5g Sat. Fat

    NP - 1 scoop = 1g fat, 1g Sat. Fat

    = Kind of a tie since NP has more sat fat

    Carbohydrate Content
    ON - 1 scoop = 5g Carbohydrates, 0g fiber, 3g sugar (milk sugar/lactose)

    NP - 1 scoop = 1g Carbohydrates, 1g fiber, 1 g sugar (milk sugar/lactose)

    ON also has more cholesterol and sodium

    = NP wins with significantly less carbs

    Taste

    IMO Nutrapro is much better tasting. They also have a bunch of different exotic flavors to choose from.

    Price (From Nutraplanet)

    ON - $44.99

    NP - $29.99

    = NP Wins

    Final Score

    NP - 4
    ON - 0

    Essentially this means that NP is using more higher grade protein in their blend (i.e more Whey Protein Isolate). Lactose (milk sugar) is what gives people the bloated, uncomfortable feeling because humans have a hard time digesting it. Lactose is found in high abundance in Whey Protein Concentrates and small amounts in WPI. Fat slows down the digestion and absorption process so NP will fuel your muscles faster than ON.

    In the end, I'm not sure why I just went all out on that comparison. Actually its probably the caffeine I took.
  15. Registered User
    mDeezy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Age
    31
    Posts
    294
    Rep Power
    223

    Gold standard's tastes are mostly bad. I haven't tried NutraPro yet, right now I'm using Dymatize Elite Gourmet, its a nice blended protein. Chocolate Peanut Butter is very very tasty. I might consider Trutein or NP after I finish my current tub but Trutein is a little pricey.
  16. Registered User
    rottie76's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"  135 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    583
    Rep Power
    7346

    NutraPro all the way! Especially the chocolate and strawberry, the cinnamon is very good too and so is choco graham craker. I was using ON's 100% whey gold before NutraPro and will never go back.
  17. Registered User
    rochabp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,190
    Rep Power
    216443

    is there any protein that might even come close to being better than nutrapro in the following categories price, taste, quality, and protein/serving.
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  18. Registered User
    halfhuman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    6,922
    Rep Power
    1126921

    ok all i drink is the on i must admit and i love them....now i never tried nutrapro and i went to see the ingredients and i see no bcaa's? might be wrong..and i didnt see any comparison in the dept here only taste and price and carbs...i think bcaa plays a big part
  19. Registered User
    halfhuman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    6,922
    Rep Power
    1126921

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperRook View Post
    Nutrapro Wins.

    Protein Content
    ON - 1 scoop = 32.4g --- 24g Protein --- 24/32.4 = 74.1% protein per scoop

    NP - 1 scoop = 28.4g --- 22g Protein --- 22/28.4 = 77.4% protein per scoop

    = NP wins with more protein per gram of total weight

    Fat Content
    ON - 1 scoop = 1.5g fat, .5g Sat. Fat

    NP - 1 scoop = 1g fat, 1g Sat. Fat

    = Kind of a tie since NP has more sat fat

    Carbohydrate Content
    ON - 1 scoop = 5g Carbohydrates, 0g fiber, 3g sugar (milk sugar/lactose)

    NP - 1 scoop = 1g Carbohydrates, 1g fiber, 1 g sugar (milk sugar/lactose)

    ON also has more cholesterol and sodium

    = NP wins with significantly less carbs

    Taste

    IMO Nutrapro is much better tasting. They also have a bunch of different exotic flavors to choose from.

    Price (From Nutraplanet)

    ON - $44.99

    NP - $29.99

    = NP Wins

    Final Score

    NP - 4
    ON - 0

    Essentially this means that NP is using more higher grade protein in their blend (i.e more Whey Protein Isolate). Lactose (milk sugar) is what gives people the bloated, uncomfortable feeling because humans have a hard time digesting it. Lactose is found in high abundance in Whey Protein Concentrates and small amounts in WPI. Fat slows down the digestion and absorption process so NP will fuel your muscles faster than ON.

    In the end, I'm not sure why I just went all out on that comparison. Actually its probably the caffeine I took.
    lol good job but how about bcaa comparison?
  20. Registered User
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,179
    Rep Power
    18652

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernCharm View Post
    I like them both. But when I use ON i use Pro Complex. I have a wide variety of protein powders in my stash. Nutrapro for post workout, a ON casein for bedtime, and a egg/whey/casein blend I get from a local store (my buddy's shop) that I drink throughout the day...

    Nutrapro is excellent for the price and goes down smooth. I will have to try the watermelon out, as I usually go with staples like chocolate and vanilla.
    You drink it throughout the day? How do you keep it fresh? Do you mix it with milk or water?
    ---The destruction of my enemies is to make them my friends---
  21. Registered User
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,179
    Rep Power
    18652

    When I do drink them, I use Dymatize Elite. I still have a couple of buckets of ON which I won't use because the taste is not close to good.

    I'll have to try the nutrapro later but as of now I am trying to stay away from protein shakes so much.
    ---The destruction of my enemies is to make them my friends---
  22. Registered User
    rochabp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,190
    Rep Power
    216443

    Quote Originally Posted by halfhuman View Post
    ok all i drink is the on i must admit and i love them....now i never tried nutrapro and i went to see the ingredients and i see no bcaa's? might be wrong..and i didnt see any comparison in the dept here only taste and price and carbs...i think bcaa plays a big part
    isnt BCAA part of protein?
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  23. Registered User
    schwellington's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,814
    Rep Power
    8930

    yeah BCAA- when protien is digested it turns into BCAA- ON does not add extra BCAA to their protien- the BCAA profile u see on the back of it- thats what their protien will provide after it is digested
    Test e/dbol/epi/winnie
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/164764-schwellington-has-been.html
  24. Registered User
    fadi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    San Antonio
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,163
    Rep Power
    3103

    You are not going to notice a difference between one or the other. Get the one that is cheaper and you like the taste. The nutritional benefit is overtime not within one or two shakes.
  25. Registered User
    mDeezy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Age
    31
    Posts
    294
    Rep Power
    223

    halfhuman, all protein powder has amino acids. profiles vary slightly but it's nothing significant.
  26. Registered User
    mDeezy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Age
    31
    Posts
    294
    Rep Power
    223

    Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    You drink it throughout the day? How do you keep it fresh? Do you mix it with milk or water?
    i think he just meant he makes shakes at various times throughout the day, not like he makes one giant shake and sips it all day.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. ON 100% Gold Standard Whey
    By Pain Eater in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-03-2009, 06:37 PM
  2. ON 100% Whey Gold Standard Price?
    By SurfDan5 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2009, 04:48 PM
  3. VP2 vs 100% whey gold standard
    By ItsHectic in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-04-2007, 07:59 AM
  4. ON Whey Protein Gold Standard (10 lb)
    By MystikalSoul in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 09:04 PM
  5. Whey Gold Standard in Hot Coffee?
    By drivehard in forum Recipes
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-17-2007, 04:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in