Nutrapro Vs Gold standard, who wins?

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i was a gold standard (from optimum) type of guy and i thought i would never switch but then nutrapro caught my eye. so i ordered it and it arrived today. i opened it tried it in water, someone call the cops cuz Nutrapro murdered Gold standard in the taste category. Plus it changes colors (watermelon) i thought it was a mistake, i thought they had put vanilla instead of Watermelon but i whooped out a scoop and and bam it turns pinkish red.
so heres what i want to discuss in terms of protein not taste which is "better" Gold standard or Nutrapro?
to me it looks like Nutrapro is cleaner with 1g of fat and 1 g carb. while Gold standard has 3 g of carbs and 1.5 of fat but it has 24 g of protein.

So which would you buy? which is better InYourOpinion

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
I like them both. But when I use ON i use Pro Complex. I have a wide variety of protein powders in my stash. Nutrapro for post workout, a ON casein for bedtime, and a egg/whey/casein blend I get from a local store (my buddy's shop) that I drink throughout the day...

Nutrapro is excellent for the price and goes down smooth. I will have to try the watermelon out, as I usually go with staples like chocolate and vanilla.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
which would you give the edge to?

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
lol well because ive tried just about every flavor from ON i like ON, but I like the price on Nutrapro. It's hard to say really

but honestly I like the protein i get from my friends shop the best. It taste like a f**kin candy bar. and its slow/medium/fast acting all in one with 9 grams of bcaa and 34g protein in each scoop. 57 servings for 47.99

dusty

dusty

Awards
I like Nutrapro due to the amino acids (and Nutrapro tastes better in water).

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like Nutrapro due to the amino acids (and Nutrapro tastes better in water).
what do you mean? and yeah nutra taste way better in water

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
ON destroys my stomach.

NutraPro as my vote. Plus I like the tastes better.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
x2 except i genuinly hate the vanilla, and am not a fan of watermelon, and i have a bunch of those left.
well i hate chocolate i dont care who makes it

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i like vanilla though, i just cant stand nutrapro vanilla.

Supreme Whey i think it is makes a great vanilla.
bro i just tried vanilla
IT IS FREAKIN DELICIOUS THE BEST VANILLA IVE EVER HAD BY FAR. AND I ORDER ALOT OF VANILLA FROM MANY DIFFERENT COMPANIES THIS IS THE BEST VANILLA EVER.
i love it i think this is a keeper, IMO. it has like a sweet taste to it

GregW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
When we were forumulating Trutein we ran it off against a number of ON flavors. I could not believe how bad the ON flavors were across the board. The chocolate didn't even taste like chocolate. This was very surprising to me since with the premium ON charges you'd think they'd reinvest a small percentage in higher quality flavoring systems.

If anyone is interested in something that Southern Charm spoke about above, give Trutein a try...it's 40% whey 40% casein and 20% egg white (nothing hidden in a proprietary blend). You can read reviews on your subforum here at AM...many people swear the vanilla tastes exactly like a McDonald's vanilla milkshake and our other flavors are outstanding as well. We're available on NP and our own website.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When we were forumulating Trutein we ran it off against a number of ON flavors. I could not believe how bad the ON flavors were across the board. The chocolate didn't even taste like chocolate. This was very surprising to me since with the premium ON charges you'd think they'd reinvest a small percentage in higher quality flavoring systems.

If anyone is interested in something that Southern Charm spoke about above, give Trutein a try...it's 40% whey 40% casein and 20% egg white (nothing hidden in a proprietary blend). You can read reviews on your subforum here at AM...many people swear the vanilla tastes exactly like a McDonald's vanilla milkshake and our other flavors are outstanding as well. We're available on NP and our own website.
as soon as i finish my two 5lbs bottles of nutrapro ill look into trutein until them i doubt it.

SuperRook

Awards
Nutrapro Wins.

Protein Content
ON - 1 scoop = 32.4g --- 24g Protein --- 24/32.4 = 74.1% protein per scoop

NP - 1 scoop = 28.4g --- 22g Protein --- 22/28.4 = 77.4% protein per scoop

= NP wins with more protein per gram of total weight

Fat Content
ON - 1 scoop = 1.5g fat, .5g Sat. Fat

NP - 1 scoop = 1g fat, 1g Sat. Fat

= Kind of a tie since NP has more sat fat

Carbohydrate Content
ON - 1 scoop = 5g Carbohydrates, 0g fiber, 3g sugar (milk sugar/lactose)

NP - 1 scoop = 1g Carbohydrates, 1g fiber, 1 g sugar (milk sugar/lactose)

ON also has more cholesterol and sodium

= NP wins with significantly less carbs

Taste

IMO Nutrapro is much better tasting. They also have a bunch of different exotic flavors to choose from.

Price (From Nutraplanet)

ON - $44.99

NP - $29.99

= NP Wins

Final Score

NP - 4
ON - 0

Essentially this means that NP is using more higher grade protein in their blend (i.e more Whey Protein Isolate). Lactose (milk sugar) is what gives people the bloated, uncomfortable feeling because humans have a hard time digesting it. Lactose is found in high abundance in Whey Protein Concentrates and small amounts in WPI. Fat slows down the digestion and absorption process so NP will fuel your muscles faster than ON.

In the end, I'm not sure why I just went all out on that comparison. Actually its probably the caffeine I took. :head:

mDeezy

mDeezy

Awards
  • Established
Gold standard's tastes are mostly bad. I haven't tried NutraPro yet, right now I'm using Dymatize Elite Gourmet, its a nice blended protein. Chocolate Peanut Butter is very very tasty. I might consider Trutein or NP after I finish my current tub but Trutein is a little pricey.

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
NutraPro all the way! Especially the chocolate and strawberry, the cinnamon is very good too and so is choco graham craker. I was using ON's 100% whey gold before NutraPro and will never go back.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
is there any protein that might even come close to being better than nutrapro in the following categories price, taste, quality, and protein/serving.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ok all i drink is the on i must admit and i love them....now i never tried nutrapro and i went to see the ingredients and i see no bcaa's? might be wrong..and i didnt see any comparison in the dept here only taste and price and carbs...i think bcaa plays a big part

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nutrapro Wins.

Protein Content
ON - 1 scoop = 32.4g --- 24g Protein --- 24/32.4 = 74.1% protein per scoop

NP - 1 scoop = 28.4g --- 22g Protein --- 22/28.4 = 77.4% protein per scoop

= NP wins with more protein per gram of total weight

Fat Content
ON - 1 scoop = 1.5g fat, .5g Sat. Fat

NP - 1 scoop = 1g fat, 1g Sat. Fat

= Kind of a tie since NP has more sat fat

Carbohydrate Content
ON - 1 scoop = 5g Carbohydrates, 0g fiber, 3g sugar (milk sugar/lactose)

NP - 1 scoop = 1g Carbohydrates, 1g fiber, 1 g sugar (milk sugar/lactose)

ON also has more cholesterol and sodium

= NP wins with significantly less carbs

Taste

IMO Nutrapro is much better tasting. They also have a bunch of different exotic flavors to choose from.

Price (From Nutraplanet)

ON - $44.99

NP - $29.99

= NP Wins

Final Score

NP - 4
ON - 0

Essentially this means that NP is using more higher grade protein in their blend (i.e more Whey Protein Isolate). Lactose (milk sugar) is what gives people the bloated, uncomfortable feeling because humans have a hard time digesting it. Lactose is found in high abundance in Whey Protein Concentrates and small amounts in WPI. Fat slows down the digestion and absorption process so NP will fuel your muscles faster than ON.

In the end, I'm not sure why I just went all out on that comparison. Actually its probably the caffeine I took. :head:
lol good job but how about bcaa comparison?

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I like them both. But when I use ON i use Pro Complex. I have a wide variety of protein powders in my stash. Nutrapro for post workout, a ON casein for bedtime, and a egg/whey/casein blend I get from a local store (my buddy's shop) that I drink throughout the day...

Nutrapro is excellent for the price and goes down smooth. I will have to try the watermelon out, as I usually go with staples like chocolate and vanilla.
You drink it throughout the day? How do you keep it fresh? Do you mix it with milk or water?

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
When I do drink them, I use Dymatize Elite. I still have a couple of buckets of ON which I won't use because the taste is not close to good.

I'll have to try the nutrapro later but as of now I am trying to stay away from protein shakes so much.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ok all i drink is the on i must admit and i love them....now i never tried nutrapro and i went to see the ingredients and i see no bcaa's? might be wrong..and i didnt see any comparison in the dept here only taste and price and carbs...i think bcaa plays a big part
isnt BCAA part of protein?

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah BCAA- when protien is digested it turns into BCAA- ON does not add extra BCAA to their protien- the BCAA profile u see on the back of it- thats what their protien will provide after it is digested

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
You are not going to notice a difference between one or the other. Get the one that is cheaper and you like the taste. The nutritional benefit is overtime not within one or two shakes.

mDeezy

mDeezy

Awards
  • Established
halfhuman, all protein powder has amino acids. profiles vary slightly but it's nothing significant.

mDeezy

mDeezy

Awards
  • Established
You drink it throughout the day? How do you keep it fresh? Do you mix it with milk or water?
i think he just meant he makes shakes at various times throughout the day, not like he makes one giant shake and sips it all day.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ari Gold Product Reviews 0
Ari Gold Product Reviews 0
pinchharmonic Supplements 5
ryaroberts Supplements 23
Supplements 0