30 minutes between circuits and boxing - thoughts

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
so i do circuit training from 6pm till 7pm. Going to be starting up boxing half 7 till 9pm.

Just looking for some ideas on what to take during the break. I'm thinking bcaa, Beta Alanine.

not so sure on Palatinose or WMS? kinda thinking saving the wms and whey for when i'm finished the boxing.

Citrulline Malate an hour before circuits then 15mins before boxing?

banana?

thoughts are welcome! cheers lads and ladies!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have been doing something similar for a couple years now: I workout for 20 minutes, then pretty much go straight to judo class, or bjj, for 2 hours. For me, the issue is staying power. I tend to give every portion of the training my all, ipush myself to do more work every session. So for me, a powerbar, or half a powerbar, works great. They are concentrated calories, so not much mass to screw your digestion, but they have some good fiber to slow absorbtion, giving a timed release effect. it has protein, so you'll have a trickle of aminos preventing catabolism. They are better than liquid, which can slosh and screw you up in training.

Take the CM and whatever else before the circuit training. Btw, products I have found to be outstanding for this kind of thing are white flood, cre02, man clout, cordygen5, and rpm. Pick any creatine and any stim from there, pair them up, and murder it.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I have been doing something similar for a couple years now: I workout for 20 minutes, then pretty much go straight to judo class, or bjj, for 2 hours. For me, the issue is staying power. I tend to give every portion of the training my all, ipush myself to do more work every session. So for me, a powerbar, or half a powerbar, works great. They are concentrated calories, so not much mass to screw your digestion, but they have some good fiber to slow absorbtion, giving a timed release effect. it has protein, so you'll have a trickle of aminos preventing catabolism. They are better than liquid, which can slosh and screw you up in training.

Take the CM and whatever else before the circuit training. Btw, products I have found to be outstanding for this kind of thing are white flood, cre02, man clout, cordygen5, and rpm. Pick any creatine and any stim from there, pair them up, and murder it.
rpm always gave me the crappers lol. i'll look into the power bars. i try to avoid protein bars as they just give me wind alot of the time. i'll do some experimenting :) cheers!

smoothballer

Awards
Big fan of Universal BCAA Stack and EAA Stack for your situation

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd go for a calorie dense drink that I could chug in a few seconds. A post-workout product like Postal or Torrent or something, with some added salt or electrolyte powder. Then I'd take a nap.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Honestly, you're better off fueling up before your training and sipping BCAAs throughout. Your body won't have the time to digest and assimilate the carbs and may actually hinder your performance.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
cheers for all the advice guys :)

its only once a week when the circuits runs onto the boxing and some wednesdays i'm off all day. so what i'm going to do is on the days off i'll just fuel up well during the day before training and sip some bcca's during the 30min break.

but this wednesday i'm working 6.30am till 5pm and then training is at 6pm. so depending on how busy i am it'll depend on how much munch i can get down me. i'll see how i get on. might just miss the circuit class and go to the boxing at half 7.

cheers :)