ALCAR-does it work for fat loss?

pittguy578

Awards
Just wondering if anyone has had any success with ALCAR in terms of fat loss?
How much did you take per day? I would rather take ALCAR than be on all kinds of "uppers".

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just wondering if anyone has had any success with ALCAR in terms of fat loss?
How much did you take per day? I would rather take ALCAR than be on all kinds of "uppers".
2-3g per day:

ALCAR helps shuttle free fatty acids into the mitochondria where they are burned off for energy. This is important because normally it is hard for the fatty acids to enter the mitochondria. This ultimately means more fat and less carbohydrates and protein, will be burned for energy in the mitochondria.

MrDeadlift

Awards
ALCAR may help with weight loss. The best benefit that people see is when they use 2-4 different analogs of Carnitine in addition to ALCAR. For example a combo of Acetyl-L-Carnitine, Carnitine-L-Tartrate, L-Carnitine, GPLC or Propionyl-L-Carnitine. This will emphasize the impact on fat loss, increase energy levels (anti-fatigue) by re-energizing your mitochondria. There are two great products for this that I trust: 1) Beverly International QUADRACARN (4 Carnitine Analogs) or 2) Neuro Research Neuro Awaken XT (3 Carnitine Analogs and other natural neurotransmitter precursors).

Some benefits have also been witnessed by adding other natural uppers (which have shown to reduce food cravings and increase mental and physical energy) to the mix including: GABA, DMAE, L-Dopa and L-Tyrosine. Personally, I take GABA and Mucuna Pruriens (15% to 40% L-Dopa) 30 minutes before bed on an empty stomach. Studies suggest that both can increase your HGH naturally at night promoting weight loss, they also help me sleep deeper.

Good Luck

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I've taken a $h!t load, and still can't say for sure whether it's effective or not. I do however love the mental energy I get from a few grams of ALCAR.

Studies have shown its effects. I'm sure as long as you provide an optimal environment with your diet and training, it will aid in fatloss, over a period of time.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ALCAR may help with weight loss. The best benefit that people see is when they use 2-4 different analogs of Carnitine in addition to ALCAR. For example a combo of Acetyl-L-Carnitine, Carnitine-L-Tartrate, L-Carnitine, GPLC or Propionyl-L-Carnitine. This will emphasize the impact on fat loss, increase energy levels (anti-fatigue) by re-energizing your mitochondria. There are two great products for this that I trust: 1) Beverly International QUADRACARN (4 Carnitine Analogs) or 2) Neuro Research Neuro Awaken XT (3 Carnitine Analogs and other natural neurotransmitter precursors).

Some benefits have also been witnessed by adding other natural uppers (which have shown to reduce food cravings and increase mental and physical energy) to the mix including: GABA, DMAE, L-Dopa and L-Tyrosine. Personally, I take GABA and Mucuna Pruriens (15% to 40% L-Dopa) 30 minutes before bed on an empty stomach. Studies suggest that both can increase your HGH naturally at night promoting weight loss, they also help me sleep deeper.

Good Luck

QUADRACARN is UNDERDOSED

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
But as someone was pointing out elsewhere...what's the common thread throughout all the analogues? Yup, carnitine. It's all carnitine, just like all the creatines are creatine. In both cases, something else is attached. Maybe lclt is more effective than l-carnitine, or maybe it's a marketing scam by the producers.

broons

Awards
  • Established
If taking over a gram or so a day of alcar, would be wise to add ala

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
But as someone was pointing out elsewhere...what's the common thread throughout all the analogues? Yup, carnitine. It's all carnitine, just like all the creatines are creatine. In both cases, something else is attached. Maybe lclt is more effective than l-carnitine, or maybe it's a marketing scam by the producers.
Ya, I have my doubts about LCLT. We already don't expect it to do as much as creatine, and it's only us fitness people who are really whanting it to do something, but does it? Look at that whole CEE placebo trend.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
I feel like to see significant benefits from ALCAR it's something you need to superdose...2-3 times the recommended amount

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ya, I have my doubts about LCLT. We already don't expect it to do as much as creatine, and it's only us fitness people who are really whanting it to do something, but does it? Look at that whole CEE placebo trend.
LCLT actually has some solid science behind it.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Carnitine in general has solid science behind it.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Good Luck
Great post....

I have noticed the same thing with mixing ALCAR/L-Carnitine L-Tartrate- it seems to accelerate fat loss a good bit more than just one or the other...

Agreed on the mucuna as well- and the mucuna/huperzine-A combo also seems to have a very synergistic effect with night-time fat loss...

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Carnitine in general has solid science behind it.
What caught my eye with LCLT was the studies concerning an increase in androgen receptors while taking the compound and that it can significantly increase IGFBP-3 levels- however, this may hold true across the board for all carnitines as well

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Actually, carnitine has very little solid science behind from a performance perspective.
I always felt like there was some rebound after you discontinue use of carnitine