New member seeking advice - AnabolicMinds.com

New member seeking advice

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  0 lbs.

New member seeking advice

Hello everyone, I am a newb. I hope I am posting in the correct forum. If not, I'm sure a mod will move it.

I am getting back in to boxing at 31 years old. Back when I was 14 or 15, I was around 130 lbs, aka super featherweight. When I went to college, I quit pretty much all physical activity, and took up drinking copious amounts of beer and eating tons of pizza. Aside from losing my cardio, I picked up a spare tire around the waist (and almost 20 lbs). Obviously I am no longer in fighting shape! I have no desire to compete as pro, and a going back to my old weight would make me too thin, IMO. So I have been going to the boxing gym 3 times a week and doing a lifting program called Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe. In about 3 months, I can see some changes in my body. Mainly, my pants are looser. I guess I'd like to do what you guys call a "recomp". I'd like to finish losing the spare tire, gain a few more pounds to put me up around 155, and then cut to 147 (welterweight) for any "smoker" fights I might take. I would also like to have more energy as well.

After reasing around here, I think the easiest way to make feel 15 again and give me more strength would probably be a testosterone cycle, but I don't feel that is right for me, for several reasons. So as far as supplements go, what should I be looking at? Some kind of testosterone booster? Would it be better to go the PS/PH route? I am currently taking 5g of creatine monohydrate per day, along with ON 100% Whey. Many of the boxing forums don't know as much about supplements, so I thought I would ask here.

Thank you for your time.

2. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

You're right, Testosterone isn't right for you; good for you for researching enough to realize that. You're also not ready for a PH yet though either, due to training inexperience, amongst other things.

At this point your best bet is to get your diet under proper control - pick a macronutrient ratio and stick to it. Load up on veggies, good carbs, protein and healthy fats.

Supplement-wise:
    Creatine and Whey Protein is a decent start. I'd say pick up some fish oil, vit D and a mineral complex for basics. Maybe some BCAAs or a hydrolysate like BC+EAA. If you want to toss a Test booster in there for good measure, go for it. There are lots of good ones around. T-911 is my personal favorite, but Sustain Alpha, Testopro and DTH all have very good reputations as well.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  0 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    You're right, Testosterone isn't right for you; good for you for researching enough to realize that. You're also not ready for a PH yet though either, due to training inexperience, amongst other things.

At this point your best bet is to get your diet under proper control - pick a macronutrient ratio and stick to it. Load up on veggies, good carbs, protein and healthy fats.

Supplement-wise:
    Creatine and Whey Protein is a decent start. I'd say pick up some fish oil, vit D and a mineral complex for basics. Maybe some BCAAs or a hydrolysate like BC+EAA. If you want to toss a Test booster in there for good measure, go for it. There are lots of good ones around. T-911 is my personal favorite, but Sustain Alpha, Testopro and DTH all have very good reputations as well.
    I forgot to mention a few things there. My diet is currently approximately 40/40/20 C/P/F. Most of the meals I eat are some combination of oats, milk, chicken, turkey, steak, brown rice, organic breads, spinach, carrots, apples, raisins, sunflower seeds. I usually cheat 1-2 meals a week, but I don't go nuts at the pizza buffet or anything. I also take fish oil and Glucosamine/chondroitin to help with my joints. I bought a bottle of Eviscerate too. I can't use it on boxing days because the burn just kills me. I have been using 2-3 pumps twice a day on my abs and love handles.

I am seeing good progress with my hard work, and I don't really want a short cut. But speaking as a drag racer, a little 50 shot of nitrous hidden in the trunk would be great!
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  219 lbs.

first off....go to primordial performance, buy there bulk creatine and bulk beta alanine and bcaa's....1000grams of each.....then try some of usp's fat burner Oep i think if i'm wrong someone will correct me....i would cut the carbs and add more protein and fat...if your looking to cut then you need to cut the carbs.....just my 2cents....animal omega stak is a good efa supplement..I take it myself, I dont have any affiliation with the company its just a solid product that covers all the bases. pm me if you have more ?
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Cut carbs down to 30 grams a day.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  209 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by djbombsquad View Post
    Cut carbs down to 30 grams a day.
    At your age & excess djbombsquad is right to suggest you diet off the extra before attempting a 'recomp'
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Hey :) Newbie seeking advice
    By Talmir in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-05-2010, 09:50 AM
  2. Considering TRT - Seeking Advice
    By RBLA in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 05:18 PM
  3. Seeking supplement advice...
    By Sureal in forum Supplements