18 year old male please help!!

g37mike

Awards
Okay I really need something to help me gain muscle and I have tried protein, Eas, and whey they just boosted my reps a small bit.Also alot of adults have been saying that I should wait and just keep eating I eat ALOT! and I am still smaller that most 18 year olds. Please I am trying to get jacked at my age so does anyone know any supplements that I can get at maybe GNC or discount nutrition stores??
ANYTHING but creatine... I heard its bad for the kidneys so I stopped taking it.

Thanks
MIKE.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Creatine is not bad for you..
Eat a lot of food.
I doubt you are eating enough calories in the day..

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You have no idea what eating a lot is. Trust me.

When you're force feeding yourself meals 4-8 because you're bloated after meal 3, then you're headed in the right direction.

HumpTheCook

HumpTheCook

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You have no idea what eating a lot is. Trust me.

When you're force feeding yourself meals 4-8 because you're bloated after meal 3, then you're headed in the right direction.
bingo.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Who said creatine was bad for you? What study did you read again? I would like to review the study with you.

newbie2bb

agree ur probably not eating enuf . thing u r post ur diet up here . and also go and log it on fitday.com and come tell us the protein carbs and fats and calories

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Creatine is not bad for you if you're not abusing of it...aka downing 40 grams a day and drinking 4 glasses of water a day.

drink at least a gallon of water a day...you'll be fine.

Eat alot but eat good foods.....complex carbs(oatmeal, brown rice, sweet potatoes, etc), high protein meats(fish, chicken, beef, etc), fruits, veggies, good fats(fishoil, EVOO, coconut oil). Eat round 4-6 meals a day. 3 large meals and 3 small to medium size meals. You can supplement 2-3 of the smaller meals with 1-2 scoops of whey.

Creatine, Bcaa's, EAA,s Glutamine, beta-alanine, whey, multi-vitamin....all are good. Helps recovery, strength gains, and overall performance. Good basics to get down at your age.

A nice pre-workout like Maniac(maybe add a little motivate for extra focus), jack3d, ASGT, etc wont hurt. But dont rely on them. Make sure you can walk into that gym without having taken a pre-workout. Some people rely on them and thats not the best of practices. A pre-workout helps, but it shouldnt make or break your overall lifting goals.

But mainly i would focus on your routine, your diet, and how many hours at night ur sleeping. My personal general rule of thumb is if I am sore at least 5 out of 7 days in a week, then im doing something right. When im really pushing it....im sore everyday in one body part or another. Always push yourself in the gym to reach new heights.

Find out your BMR( basal metabolic rate google it and figure it out) add 250-500 calories to that and make them clean calories. The last thing you wanna do is put on more fat then muscle.

Gains wont come over night....it will take years to get where you want. Be patient...dont look for an overnight miracle pill or powder....there is no such thing(thats safe anyway). Hardwork over a course of years is the key. Today you maybe small....8-10 years from now if you stay dedicated and focused you'll be the guy pushing some serious weight and has some serious size.

Go hard or go home.....best of luck.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Okay I really need something to help me gain muscle and I have tried protein, Eas, and whey they just boosted my reps a small bit.Also alot of adults have been saying that I should wait and just keep eating I eat ALOT! and I am still smaller that most 18 year olds. Please I am trying to get jacked at my age so does anyone know any supplements that I can get at maybe GNC or discount nutrition stores??
ANYTHING but creatine... I heard its bad for the kidneys so I stopped taking it.

Thanks
MIKE.
Few things here...

1. You're not eating alot, believe me. When I started working out, I thought I was eating a lot till I sawwhat people are eating. The problem however is that it is hard to just double your food intake. You will have to try to build it up with time. Get some digestive enzymes, they may help you digest the food faster. I know they help me.

2. You said you tried protein. I hope you're not implying that you gave up on protein because if there is one thing you should be using, it would be Protein. It is not something that you notice while taking it. Get good but cheap protein powder and take it all the time with milk between meals with a banana or some fruit.

3. Creatine is not bad for you. It has been used for many many moons now. The longest running research on it I believe took 4 years with no negative effect. I believe the issue that some has with it is that it messes with the creatinine values in lab tests so people think it is actually damaging the kidneys.

4. Based on your budget, and ordering online is always cheaper

1. Multi Vitamins/Fish Oil
2. Protein Powder
3. Creatine

But again, not gaining weight is a function of diet not supplements. If you're gaining fat versus muscle, then sure maybe supplements might help (assuming eating the right thing). But Creatine, or any other product for that matter will not put lbs of muscle on your body without more food. The body needs to convert the food into muscle and supplements are just that. They supplement your diet.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
calculate your calories and track your diet for 2 weeks......then come back to us,

as far as supplements
IBCCA sipped through the day
Creapure creatine
Maximum Absorbed Protein for during and post workout consumption

thats about all you need at 18, maybe some great preworkout like maximizev2 or something....

it willl cause better strength gains, muscle gains, anabolic reaction from the aminos, and anti-catabolic from the intraworkout drinks:)