Casein Shake before bed blunt GH?

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
Does taking a casein shake before bed blunt GH production? I'm thinking about switching to just bcaa 4:1:1 before bed instead of a heavy shake/small meal.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I dont think it does....at least if it does I dont know of it- I know carbs can- but only like above 20-25 g's if im not mistaken

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Doubtful. I have yet to really see any "GH" boosting make a large difference in performance. The casein before bed is still the way to go imo.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Doubtful. I have yet to really see any "GH" boosting make a large difference in performance. The casein before bed is still the way to go imo.
I may misunderstand your post- but r u saying The Human Growth Hormone does nothing in ones performance?

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I may misunderstand your post- but r u saying The Human Growth Hormone does nothing in ones performance?
Nah, not saying HGH doesn't play a role in performance, I am talking about fretting over taking a shake v. the negligible boost that you may get from the nights boost in GH.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
ahh yep I agree the shake is not going to do anything to stunt the HGH hormone release

I misunderstood lol

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Casein shake will not blunt GH unless its loaded with simple carbs..

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man. Most people seem to agree with you that the casein is the way to go.

I don't really think of attempts at boosting natural GH production as much of a noticeable performance enhancer, but i do think it helps one stay lean and keep off unwanted fat. but i could be wrong.