Ajinomoto Amino Acids

  1. Registered User
    drummerzrus's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    66
    Answers
    0

    Exclamation Ajinomoto Amino Acids


    So I received several samples from Ajinomoto of; L-Leucine, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine and Mixed IBCAA's. The only thing that concerns me is that with the first three comes MSDS's and they say things like under the First Aid Measures: Ingestion : Rinse out Mouth with water, if neccessary seek medical attention, also things like avoid skin contact.

    I was just wondering for obvious reasons if these were safe, I was under the understanding they could be mixed just as normal BCAA's...if anyone has any knowledge of these products please feel free to shed light on this situation.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Registered User
    JN230's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,071
    Answers
    0


    its just a legal thing, was the MSDS for IBCAA directly??? could you post it?
    i use ajinomoto IBCAA from primordial performance and freaking LOVE them..... i havent found anything better than primordials connection with ajinomoto, as its where they get their beta-alanine, GPLC and arginocarn as well
  3. Banned
    sluggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    499
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by JN230 View Post
    its just a legal thing, was the MSDS for IBCAA directly??? could you post it?
    i use ajinomoto IBCAA from primordial performance and freaking LOVE them..... i havent found anything better than primordials connection with ajinomoto, as its where they get their beta-alanine, GPLC and arginocarn as well
    Why do you feel the IBCAAs are better than plain old bulk bcaa?
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    niCe99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    313
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by sluggy View Post
    Why do you feel the IBCAAs are better than plain old bulk bcaa?
    ^^this

    other than "good quality" and "it dissolves completely", what are your other reasons?
  5. Banned
    sluggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    499
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by niCe99 View Post
    other than "good quality" and "it dissolves completely", what are your other reasons?
    I've been trying to avoid the questionable 'low quality' chinese bulks since I heard that they've been processing human and animal hair into bcaas... That scares and disgusts me.

    I'll pay extra for non-hair based bcaas.
  6. Registered User
    drummerzrus's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    66
    Answers
    0


    Actually the only one with the half normal MSDS was the IBCAA and it said on it to be treated as food. The other ones have a very formal MSDS in which it looks like I am dealing with chemicals and should take extreme caution hah so it threw me off a bit.

    Ex. L-Valine

    Section 3 - Hazards Identification :
    Route of Entry:.....Eye Contact, Skin contract, inhalation, ingestion
    Skin Contact......May cause mild irriatation, avoid skin contact.
    Eye Contact....May cause eye irritation

    (all of this seems normal)

    Section 06- Accidental Release Measures

    Leaks and Spills: Avoid creating dust, do not allow product to enter sewers or waterways. Use appropriate tools to put the spilled material in a convenient waste disposal container. [Wear protective clothing during cleanup.]

    I just don't get when it says things like that "wear protective clothing during cleanup", it seems a bit odd for a supplement.

    You could be right though, just for the legality side of samples such as raw ones like this.
  7. Registered User
    niCe99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    313
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by sluggy View Post
    I've been trying to avoid the questionable 'low quality' chinese bulks since I heard that they've been processing human and animal hair into bcaas... That scares and disgusts me.

    I'll pay extra for non-hair based bcaas.
    what are these ajinomoto amino acids processed from?
  8. Registered User
    Outside Backer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,629
    Answers
    0


    all the products I have tried with these bcaa's in it have been great instantized aminos for the win
    toes-on-the-nose.blogspot.com Deployed blogging
  9. Registered User
    funkd0c's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,649
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by niCe99 View Post

    other than "good quality" and "it dissolves completely", what are your other reasons?
    Purity is quality

    With amino acids, purity means quality. So if you're interested in making a nutraceutical or food product containing amino acids, you'll want to know more about AjiPure from Ajinomoto.

    Ajinomoto, is the global leader in the research, production and sales of amino acids. They were among the first to make pharmaceutical-grade amino acids; they literally invented the process. So their amino acids are between 99% and 100% pure. No one else comes close—the impurities in other brands can be as much as six times higher.

    In fact, amino acids from Ajinomoto are widely used in intravenous solutions, infant formulas and other specialty medical products.



    I just ordered Some ajinomoto BCAA's and they will be in tomorrow. it will be my first experience with them. I'll let ya'll know what my thoughts are.
  10. Registered User
    805bgtymer's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  219 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    88
    Answers
    0


    I got 2 bottles of Primordial performance instantized amino's...the best hands down...tried almost all of em...defenitely worth every dollar!!!!
  11. Registered User
    fadi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,163
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by funkd0c View Post
    Purity is quality

    With amino acids, purity means quality. So if you're interested in making a nutraceutical or food product containing amino acids, you'll want to know more about AjiPure from Ajinomoto.

    Ajinomoto, is the global leader in the research, production and sales of amino acids. They were among the first to make pharmaceutical-grade amino acids; they literally invented the process. So their amino acids are between 99% and 100% pure. No one else comes close—the impurities in other brands can be as much as six times higher.

    In fact, amino acids from Ajinomoto are widely used in intravenous solutions, infant formulas and other specialty medical products.



    I just ordered Some ajinomoto BCAA's and they will be in tomorrow. it will be my first experience with them. I'll let ya'll know what my thoughts are.
    Like Funkd0c said. Ajinomoto is not another supplement company that is pushing products on the market. They are the leaders world wide in amino acids and you know exactly what you are getting from them. If you can Ajinomoto brand, why bother with another product, unless it is a price issue.

    I got 1lb for $30.
  12. Registered User
    niCe99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    313
    Answers
    0


    well, let me know if the ajinomoto amino acids benefit you in other ways that other sources of bcaas dont. i would be very interested to hear your opinion
  13. Registered User
    funkd0c's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,649
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by fadi View Post
    Like Funkd0c said. Ajinomoto is not another supplement company that is pushing products on the market. They are the leaders world wide in amino acids and you know exactly what you are getting from them. If you can Ajinomoto brand, why bother with another product, unless it is a price issue.

    I got 1lb for $30.
    I got 1lb for $20 before shipping
  14. Registered User
    fadi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,163
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by funkd0c View Post
    I got 1lb for $20 before shipping
    Nice! I have some googling to do once I finish what I have
  15. Registered User
    JN230's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,071
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by sluggy View Post
    Why do you feel the IBCAAs are better than plain old bulk bcaa?
    have you tried mixing regular BCAA???? it got more foam on it than a beer poured by a 2yr old out of a tap.... i prefer to not inhale the powder i rather just drink it..... mixability and the fact that i trust the hell out of ajinomoto is a huge bonus for me
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. For Sale: WTS - Dymatize - Advanced Amino (Amino Acids)
    By hardknock in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2010, 01:05 AM
  2. Amino Acids?
    By Chest in forum Supplements
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-22-2010, 07:39 PM
  3. amino acids
    By wannapumphard in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-19-2010, 11:42 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2009, 06:34 AM
  5. For Sale: Wanted to buy or trade Amino's (Amino Acids)
    By Kristofer68SS in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-23-2008, 04:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in