Is there a "weightgainer"/PW that does not have maltodextrin?

dexterfan

Awards
I heard maltodextrin is the most evil thing a bodybuilder can eat. Yet it is found in almost every bodybuilding supplement. I'm confused.

Somebody sold me BSN Truemass and it has maltodextrin. Toss it in the garbage?

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
Where did you hear that it is the most evil thing a bodybuilder could eat? The reason it is in almost all weight gainers is because they are primarily made to be taken post workout and to replenish glycogen. Maltodextrin is absorbed much to the same speed as glucose and gets your glycogen stores filled so your body can get to what you want it to do. Build muscle. True mass is a great weight gainer. So is cytogainer which has it in it as well. Why and what is your understanding that makes maltodextrin so bad?

dexterfan

Awards
Where did you hear that it is the most evil thing a bodybuilder could eat? The reason it is in almost all weight gainers is because they are primarily made to be taken post workout and to replenish glycogen. Maltodextrin is absorbed much to the same speed as glucose and gets your glycogen stores filled so your body can get to what you want it to do. Build muscle. True mass is a great weight gainer. So is cytogainer which has it in it as well. Why and what is your understanding that makes maltodextrin so bad?
I've read many many times that maltodextrin makes you FAT

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Depends how carb sensitive you are. Varies person to person. If you are a "hard gainer" you probably have nothing to worry about. Use it post workout like travis said.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
id still lvoe to know this as malto tears up my stomach!!! :) so does concentrate now too :(

iForce Dave

iForce Dave

Awards
  • Established
you probably wont find one, gainers are cheap blends of concentrate and sugar. I am yet to see one thats worth buying. Most of them just give me a horrible stomach ache and room-clearing gas.

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
yes it has a very high GI so if you take some all day long it could lead to fat deposits. however its great as a post-WO, taking advantage of the insulin spike.
make your own "weightgainer" with some dextrose, with your favorite whey and whatever else you want to throw in.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
zpalrangi13 Bulking 17
zpalrangi13 Bulking 59
Supplement Logs 13
Supplements 6
Big BAMA Supplements 29