Phosphatidyl Serine

jlip

Awards
I just started EndoAmp (a PS supplement) about a week ago. The serving size is 800 mg per scoop. It's expensive (about $50 a pop for 29 servings no matter where you go), but I'm noticing a difference right away. I feel great (definitely less stressed) and have noticed reduction of fat in some of the typical cortisol regions (midsection, face). And that's just in a week. I highly recommend it.

There's been studies about PSerine's effectiveness. But you need adequate dosage. I think 800mg is a good baseline. And for the price EndoAmp is the best way to go. I looked up individual supplements from NOW and such, and to match the dosage, you're going to be paying out the ass.

So if you have the cash, I say definitely worth it.

omg

omg

Awards
ok thx it's paragonable to 7-OH / 5-AT like reduce cortisol ?

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
I just started EndoAmp (a PS supplement) about a week ago. The serving size is 800 mg per scoop. It's expensive (about $50 a pop for 29 servings no matter where you go), but I'm noticing a difference right away. I feel great (definitely less stressed) and have noticed reduction of fat in some of the typical cortisol regions (midsection, face). And that's just in a week. I highly recommend it.

There's been studies about PSerine's effectiveness. But you need adequate dosage. I think 800mg is a good baseline. And for the price EndoAmp is the best way to go. I looked up individual supplements from NOW and such, and to match the dosage, you're going to be paying out the ass.

So if you have the cash, I say definitely worth it.
id just like to balance the argument by throwing in this article. http://www.janethull.com/newsletter/0404/cortisol.php

purebred

I was under the impression it'd be more efféctive to consume PS post-workout as opposed to pre-workout.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
im in the same boat, i have used and will be using Endo Amp Max in about 2 weeks as part of PCT and i love the stuff for reducing cortisol, last time i took it during a hard time in a relationship/school finals/PCT and it was great, really helped me lean out quickly on PCT
and yes my little pet peeves didnt seem to bug me as much....

maybe it wasnt the phosphatidyl serine, maybe it was that i just said **** IT to my ex :)

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I was under the impression it'd be more efféctive to consume PS post-workout as opposed to pre-workout.
when I used it I used 1 pre and 1 post. I used *********'s brand and I also used the PS supplement by Source Naturals. I preferred the Source Naturals product for sure.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
why dont you just use lean xtreme for $30 and is an amazing cortisol reducer/blocker (people say that)

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
why dont you just use lean xtreme for $30 and is an amazing cortisol reducer/blocker (people say that)
I dont want to take anything away from lean x, but I personally used PS for recovery and mental focus...

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
EndoAMP is the best thing for stress EVER as a stand alone product as far as I am concerned. Now if stacked with adaptogens like Rhodiola, Bacopa, etc it is even better.

jlip

Awards
It's recommended to take it an hour before workout. That way the body has time to absorb it and utilise it and reduce cortisol during the ENTIRETY of the workout. Taking it after creates a lag in the absorption time, missing the most intense portion of your elevated cortisol levels (in relation to your workout that is). The ideal time would be to take it right after waking up, but before a morning workout, because C levels are high at that point during the day and it would also have the added benefit of being a preworkout C reducer.

Also, to corsaking, I wasn't arguing that cortisol is bad. You'll note that in the article you posted, it talks about the benefits of naturally reducing C. EndoAmp epitomises this concept by using Phosphotidyl Serine, membrane component (generally in soy. think "phospholipid"), to NATURALLY reduce C.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
It's recommended to take it an hour before workout. That way the body has time to absorb it and utilise it and reduce cortisol during the ENTIRETY of the workout. Taking it after creates a lag in the absorption time, missing the most intense portion of your elevated cortisol levels (in relation to your workout that is). The ideal time would be to take it right after waking up, but before a morning workout, because C levels are high at that point during the day and it would also have the added benefit of being a preworkout C reducer.

Also, to corsaking, I wasn't arguing that cortisol is bad. You'll note that in the article you posted, it talks about the benefits of naturally reducing C. EndoAmp epitomises this concept by using Phosphotidyl Serine, membrane component (generally in soy. think "phospholipid"), to NATURALLY reduce C.

i understand that but i thought the article was informative and can help others that may not have used PS and thinking about it, a more informed choice.

As i writ this im thinking also of Now vitamins do a supplement called NOWFoods Super Cortisol Support with Relora check it out.

sluggy

sluggy

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've been taking it immdiately after exercise.. Doesn't your cortisol spike post-workout as a stress response, rather than during?

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
I've been taking it immdiately after exercise.. Doesn't your cortisol spike post-workout as a stress response, rather than during?
i think it depends how long you train , Weight training especially on the large muscle groups causes test to increase but i understand this spike only lasts about an hour then declines, Its then that cortisol becomes the more dominant hormone.

some info http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson.htm

#http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2249754/

sluggy

sluggy

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i think it depends how long you train , Weight training especially on the large muscle groups causes test to increase but i understand this spike only lasts about an hour then declines, Its then that cortisol becomes the more dominant hormone.

some info http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson.htm

#http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2249754/
Thanks for the help corsa, on both my cardio days and weight days, I take the PS after 1 hour of working out (even if there's still more workout afterwards). Perhaps for cardio I should take it pre?

purebred

when I used it I used 1 pre and 1 post. I used *********'s brand and I also used the PS supplement by Source Naturals. I preferred the Source Naturals product for sure.
The first brand you mentioned is definitely legible LOL.
I've used Source Naturals as well. I'm now using Vitamin Shoppe's which is essentially Sharp PS™ softgels in a Vitamin Shoppe labeled bottle. Same fundamental nutraceutical, higher cost effectiveness. :)

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
The first brand you mentioned is definitely legible LOL.
I've used Source Naturals as well. I'm not using Vitamin Shoppe's which is essentially Sharp PS™ softgels in a Vitamin Shoppe labeled bottle. Same fundamental nutraceutical, higher cost effectiveness. :)
the first company I listed is a direct rival supp warehouse of NP...which im assuming is why they blocked it. I won't s k i p letters or anything to spell it out because I feel they deserve that respect.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the help corsa, on both my cardio days and weight days, I take the PS after 1 hour of working out (even if there's still more workout afterwards). Perhaps for cardio I should take it pre?
I think that there could be some benefit in taking it pre-cardio. The "newer" version of EndoAmp has A-GPC now and is also a GH booster as well as cortisol control. I've seen plenty of times, PP reps themselves, recommending taking it after a workout w/o carbs for a GH increase which will lead to an increase in post-workout metabolic rate and a supposed increase in protein synthesis.

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
I think that there could be some benefit in taking it pre-cardio. The "newer" version of EndoAmp has A-GPC now and is also a GH booster as well as cortisol control. I've seen plenty of times, PP reps themselves, recommending taking it after a workout w/o carbs for a GH increase which will lead to an increase in post-workout metabolic rate and a supposed increase in protein synthesis.
I agree but they rec taking it to prevent cort spikes following exercise to minimize cort and increase GH

"Take 1 scoop of EndoAmp Max 1 hour before exercise or in the morning on non-workout days."

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
I agree but they rec taking it to prevent cort spikes following exercise to minimize cort and increase GH

"Take 1 scoop of EndoAmp Max 1 hour before exercise or in the morning on non-workout days."
Maybe they've changed their recommendations, maybe it's just a different way of taking it. I guess the most important thing in this situation is only that the product works lol. There is obvious benefits to taking it at either time. It would be interesting to have a PP rep come in and give their .02 about the situation.

RAHHH

Awards
  • Established
i never tryed it i just try ahaving soem whey or ibcaa's pre ans during workouts to help out along with adding pp's ibcaa's to my ASGT.
never used that but do try to use diet and supps to my advantage in the "muscle breakdown" area :)

GregW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Studies proving an efficacy at all have been with 600-800mg PS/daily. I've noticed a lot of products containing 25mg (lol!) and even less hidden in proprietary blends. Avoid those like the plague they are for their label dressing.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
taking endoamp soon will let you know :)

sluggy

sluggy

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Changed my dosing around as recommended:

****in fantastic!