Endurance supps?

merph

merph

Awards
Got some questions I couldn't figure out with search like I normally do so before you bitch about me not searching I did I just didn't quite get an answer I understood.

I'm a skier and I'm focused on endurance. I am happy with my strength and muscle mass as I am now. I am not looking to get any bigger (6'2" 220) just leaner and with a higher endurance level. I know there is no substitute to a good diet and training routine but what is there for endurance supps? I'm open to anything.

Thanks

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
MAN Body Octane and MST Cordygen5, or MST Cre02 and Cordygen5. If you need a stim to add to it, add in RPM to either stack, and ****ing rip. You won't find better than those two.

Wait, are you cross country, or downhill/slalom? The above two for cross country; if it's got a more anaerobic component, like downhill, i'd suggest MAN Clout or Cre02, with C5.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Nail on the head, right there poison.

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
MAN Body Octane and MST Cordygen5, or MST Cre02 and Cordygen5. If you need a stim to add to it, add in RPM to either stack, and ****ing rip. You won't find better than those two.

Wait, are you cross country, or downhill/slalom? The above two for cross country; if it's got a more anaerobic component, like downhill, i'd suggest MAN Clout or Cre02, with C5.
Exactly. :bigok:

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
solid solid products there especially all the man octane and such, great stuff,
but as far as bulk goes you're looking for beta alanine, citrulline malate, and creatine.... i wish Primordial performance had citrulline malate so i could get all three there, but i get my creatine and beta alanine there though....

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
def hands down cordygen5 .. I felt that stuff kicking in day 2 .. I luv it :)

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
solid solid products there especially all the man octane and such, great stuff,
but as far as bulk goes you're looking for beta alanine, citrulline malate, and creatine.... i wish Primordial performance had citrulline malate so i could get all three there, but i get my creatine and beta alanine there though....
Body Octane isn't more expensive than bulk. Someone did a nice chart a while back. But it has clinically proven amounts of citrulline malate, beta alanine, plus glucoronolactone, histidine, LCLT, it's flavored, and comes with a scoop in a pretty bottle. :D

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Anyone know of a study for creatine for endurance sports?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sure, but I can't link from my phone. It's been shown to NOT aid endurance cyclists and swimmers. Regardless, it is anti-catabolic, and if you want to maintain muscle mass while simultaneously burning insane calories, you should be taking it. And for sure, it'll help people who participate in sports that have anaerobic or explosive elements, like slalom skiing, judo, wrestling, track and field, gymnastics, volleyball, etc. I feel it's absolutely NOT recommended for sports where 1) weight is an issue, like cycling, and 2) ultra-endurance events, like marathon running (though a triathlete might want to try it, as they need to maintain some muscle mass).

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
I figure as long as you're not constantly loading creatine, you will (most likely) burn it pretty quick in an endurance sport anyways.

merph

merph

Awards
Hey Poison thanks. I'm a downhill skier but travel into the backcountry where there is no lift to the top. So part of it is aerobic and part of it is anaerobic. Does this change up your answer any? Thanks again for the quick response.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to understand what is in these supps and how they work in my body.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Hey Poison thanks. I'm a downhill skier but travel into the backcountry where there is no lift to the top. So part of it is aerobic and part of it is anaerobic. Does this change up your answer any? Thanks again for the quick response.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to understand what is in these supps and how they work in my body.
Anything in the Cordygen line has our own Cordyceps strain which is easily the strongest and best in the market. This is not heresay...or I wouldnt state it as fact. That is the downright truth.

Cordyceps are basically a fungus that the chinese have been using for many many years for all kinds of health benefits. In this case, they aid in endurance a great deal, and they also boost your oxygen uptake by up to 40% more than normal. Anything by MST is also completely legal by any testing agency.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Sure, no problem.

Ctdeuce covered cordyceps. He is not lying, mst's cordy is the best around. I've tried many other kinds, this is it. You'll be able to do more work with less effort, bottom line. It's like altitude training in a bottle. Interestingly, the Sherpa's have been using it for centuries.

Any of the options I posted will be awesome for you. I would lean toward either of the first two, as it sounds like the long slog to the top is a lot of aerobic activity. Body Octane has citrulline, which speeds removeal of ammonia and lactic acid from the muscle, and improves blood and oxygen flow. It's tremendous for aerobic stuff. It also has beta alanine, which increases muscle carnosine, which buffers lactic acid (iirc), and increases work capacity. It also has l-carnitine l-tartrate, which improves athletic performance and androgen receptor density, which is awesome. It also has some nootropic stuff. Basically with that and C5 you'll be a cardio machine. Both products are very safe and very effective.

Cre02 is one of mst's best products. It's enteric coated, so the 2gr creatine goes way farther than you might think, but it doesn't cause bloating like larger amounts. The jiogulan is incredible, it increases cardiac output and overall workout capacity, and rhodiola is just great stuff overall as an adaptogen, it increaases atp, it increases oxygen uptake, etc. I absolutely love it, and of course it has cordyceps in it as well. Add in c5 for more cardio effect.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cordygen5 for everyday or my favorite Cordygen Ultra VO2 for pre activity use.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Cre02 is one of mst's best products. It's enteric coated, so the 2gr creatine goes way farther than you might think, but it doesn't cause bloating like larger amounts. The jiogulan is incredible, it increases cardiac output and overall workout capacity, and rhodiola is just great stuff overall as an adaptogen, it increaases atp, it increases oxygen uptake, etc. I absolutely love it, and of course it has cordyceps in it as well. Add in c5 for more cardio effect.
dont forget the poria cocos which helps shuttle all the goodness and can act as a nutrient repartitioner ;)

Cordygen5 for everyday or my favorite Cordygen Ultra VO2 for pre activity use.
awesome....just awesome :)

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For endurance,I have to go with Cordygen 5 also.Very impressive product in this area.

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established

WHat he said!!!!!! Cordygen5 is the bomb and will give you some real endurance that you can feel!!! ( IT takes about 1 week to take affect but dam!!!

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
try a free sample of purple wraath, you will love it for endurance and recovery :)
I am not going to knock your products I think they are good but come on Waraath for endurance???? I think you are tyring to push your porducts to hard I am sorry that is not a true statment in my option,.... Hey merph Make you a deal you try MST Cordygen5 30days and follow the direction to a T.... And if you do not see any results in endurance I will send you cash for what you payed for the cordy pay-pal.. No bsing nothing.. That is how sure I am it will work, not only do I use it but I know @ lest 4 NBA Players and Few Soccer playes too..... Controlled labs can match me on that so we can compair..... Just a friendly bet... lets do this!!!!

PurplEndurance Complex: YOU:

You can't create an optimal anabolic environment without intensity so Controlled Labs decided to take things to the extreme with Purple Wraath by including the ultimate caffeine-free Ergogenic Complex:

Citrulline Malate:
- Reduces Lactic Acid and Ammonia
- Boosts energy production
- Has an oxygen sparing effect
- Boosts mitochondrial function

Betaine Anhydrous:
- Is a key osmotic/cellular hydration ingredient
- Enhances muscle fullness
- Acts as an energy enzyme protector
- Induces the conversion of homocysteine to methionine
- Elevates glutathione levels
- Promotes liver health
- Helps you maintain intracellular electrolytes
- Enhances metabolism

Ginger:
- Aids in nutrient absorption
- Enhances digestion/stomach function
- Produces a nootropic effect

Norvaline:
- Helps elevate naturally occurring eNOS

MST----Cordygen5

Target Response Oxygen Ultilization And ATP Matrix!

Cordygen5 incorporates 100% organic, highly concentrated extracts of five strains & four species of cordyceps for maximum oxygen utilization, cellular energy, stamina and ATP production. Cordygen5's oxygen utilization enhancing effects have been touted by many users as a natural, legal and effective alternative to EPO. Cordygen5 is the strongest performance enhancing cordyceps product on the market and may provide up to 30% increases in ATP and up to 40% increases in oxygen utilization. Cordygen5 is perfect for anyone who wants to increase their ATP levels but doesn't want to consume creatine due to its common side effects.

Cordygen5 is also ideal for anyone who is a non responder to creatine products but still wants reap its benefits. The added bonus is the tremendous increase in oxygen utilization that Cordygen5 provides. Cordygen5 will allow all athletes, amateur or professional to break through their aerobic and anaerobic plateaus, maximizing strength and endurance. Whether you are a bodybuilder, powerlifter, martial artist, triathlete, cyclist, runner, swimmer, skier, snowboarder, hunter, climber, wrestler, golfer, tennis, football, basketball, hockey or baseball player, you'll maximize your performance with Cordygen5.

Cordygen5 is a pure, solid state fermented, super potent blend of extracts from four strains and five species of cordyceps including Cordyceps Sinensis Alohaensis Hybrid, CS4 strain Cordyceps Sinensis, Cordyceps Militaris, Cordyceps Sobolifera and Cordyceps Ophioglossoides. The Cordyceps Sinensis Alohaensis Hybrid strain contains the highest HEAA (Hydroxy Ethyl Adenosine Analogs) levels ever measured and biological active ingredient levels about 5.3 times higher than the best wild collected samples. The potency of the Cordygen5 cordyceps blend comes from the proprietary combination of cordyceps strains and the way these strains are cultured and extracted.

Almost all cordyceps strains are cultured in a process called liquid cultivation or fermentation. This process uses a liquid substrate to grow the cordyceps mycelium in a very speedy 5-18 days, yielding low levels of active constituents. The cordyceps mycelium is then harvested by filtering out the liquid medium, drying it and grinding it into a powder. By filtering out the liquid medium many of the quality compounds secreted by the cordyceps are lost. It is usually further processed using hot water or solvents resulting in the loss of nearly 90% of the active constituents of which it had few of to begin with due to the fast liquid culturing process.

Cordygen5 is grown using a solid state (solid substrate) or biomass method. This is a much slower culturing method where the cordyceps is grown on a sterilized solid medium such as organic grain. The cordyceps is allowed to consume the solid substrate while being subjected to temperature and gas changes (O2 and CO2) to simulate its native high altitude conditions. This process typically takes between 22 and 24 weeks (nearly 6 months) before the cordyceps is ready for harvest. When the cordyceps mycelium is ready to harvest it has consumed more than 98% of the solid medium in which it was cultured on.

The residual substrate is then removed yielding 100% pure, super potent cordyceps material with extremely high concentrations of active constituents from every facet of its life cycle. The cordyceps is then extracted & concentrated to increase it's potency up to 20X. This process allows Cordygen5 to exceed the potency of other cordyceps products on the market by up to 95%.

Tibetan Sherpas use cordyceps to enhance energy production and oxygen utilization when climbing Mt. Everest. In 1993 the Chinese Women's National Track Team used cordyceps to set nine world records, three by staggering margins. In this country its use has been researched for it's enhancement of energy production with applications in athletic performance and fatigue. Cordyceps has been clinically proven to enhance ATP production, increase oxygen utilization, improve VO2 Max, increase SOD (Super Oxide Dismutase) activity, support immune function, support healthy kidney function, support healthy cholesterol levels, protect the liver and improve glucose metabolism. One study even suggests that cordyceps may improve testosterone production in leydig cells.

Benefits of Cordygen5 Supplementation:

Increase Oxygen Utilization 40%!
Increase ATP 30%!
Massive Aerobic & Anaerobic Endurance!
Enhance Aerobic & Anaerobic Recovery!
Great Strength Increases!
Increase Training Intensity!
Decrease Fatigue!
Increase Testosterone!
Ability to Pack Large Volume Training into Short Periods!
Supports Healthy Immune Function!
US & International Patents Pending!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I wouldn't know Purple Wraath, it's excellent for during or post-workout. Bcaa's can increase endurance as well. I wouldn't hesitate to use it after a hard ski day.

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't know Purple Wraath, it's excellent for during or post-workout. Bcaa's can increase endurance as well. I wouldn't hesitate to use it after a hard ski day.
That I can agree with on that but how much BCAA is in it?

PurplEAA Complex™ 7000mg How much BCAA? You have giving real good Info Bro and I have learned alot from ur post...... Please do not take this as a shot @ u.. This guy was aksing for endurance product.. If this was the case then just go buy a big tub of BCAA or even Recon or RPG and call it a day....

But endurance Cordy will work much better my in my option...I have seen it work in the real wold with pro's saying dam I have been running sprints for 90min and it feels like the 1st min of training.. Love you P..... you the man love!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
honestly, islandbro, I like eaa's a lot more than bcaa's. I enjoy wraath much more than xtend. but I would primarily use them both for anti-catabolc purposes during a workout. If I were a competitive athlete, I would consider it for during the event, as it will enhance overall endurance. I just feel eaa's work better than bcaa's, nothing solid behind it, just personal experience. When someone asks for an endurance aid, eaa's would be a couple notches down on my list, below the products I mention first in here.

wsaucer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Products that I have used to help me with my workouts on the track(collegiate sprinter) is beta-alanine and citrulline malate. Both have worked really well for me. Just my.02

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Check out Suma Root, it is one of the better endurance products I have ever used. The Cordygen is pretty solid as well but I have never given it along enough run to fairly compare it to anything else.

zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle

Awards
  • Established
Studies show that beta-alanine increases anaerobic endurance, while not effecting vo2 max... This is very unique compared to other endurance products which claim to increase vo2 max. Beta-alanine should be a staple for most people, and could be effectively stacked with other endurance products for multiple benefits.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Studies show that beta-alanine increases anaerobic endurance, while not effecting vo2 max... This is very unique compared to other endurance products which claim to increase vo2 max. Beta-alanine should be a staple for most people, and could be effectively stacked with other endurance products for multiple benefits.
so what you're saying is that a product that could combine BA with something to increase v02 max would be optimal? Thats so odd that Citruvol Ultra has Beta Alanine, Citruline Malate, AND our Cordygen blend. :bigok:

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Telling you all... MST is the only way to go for endurance. Need longer term endurance? Cordy5.. need a huge boost immeditely, wanting to feel like your lungs are balloons? Cordy Vo2

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Telling you all... MST is the only way to go for endurance. Need longer term endurance? Cordy5.. need a huge boost immeditely, wanting to feel like your lungs are balloons? Cordy Vo2
Great minds think alike DA...:veryhappy:

CONTROLLED LABS

CONTROLLED LABS

PROnom 23.... NOM NOM NOM
Awards
  • Established
yup, its amazing for endurance, it has an endurance blend. surprised more people dont know this :)

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pretty damn good pumps from wraath, as well.