Suggested Supps for Cyclist

OCycle

Awards
I'm a competitive cyclist (bike) and am looking to take some supplements to aid in strength gain and recovery. I'm training 20hrs a week so that's lots of hard efforts on back to back days.

I was considering a taking a test booster and a glutamine supplement. I'm pretty lean and want to stay that way. But having some extra drive to push through 5+ hour bike rides and aided recovery would be really helpful. Someone suggested taking Novadex XT and a glutamine supp. Any suggestions??? Thanks in advance...

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i think Rosie Scott was a cyclist i bet if you gave her a pm she would help you.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
you have to check out the Cordygen line brotha...simply the best in oxygen enchancing and endurance boosting products in the mudda foxin world!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Megan fox?!
if she was using Cordygen she'd be even hotter.

if you were using cordygen.....she probably still wouldn't touch your :censored:...but at least you'd have some full lungs of air when drooling ;)

OCycle

Awards
Thanks guys. The Cordygen looks interesting...def more up my alley than what most on here are looking for. In fact, a lot of the MST stuff looks like my gear. I'll do some research on it.

rchaves

rchaves

Awards
I'm a competitive cyclist (bike) and am looking to take some supplements to aid in strength gain and recovery. I'm training 20hrs a week so that's lots of hard efforts on back to back days.

I was considering a taking a test booster and a glutamine supplement. I'm pretty lean and want to stay that way. But having some extra drive to push through 5+ hour bike rides and aided recovery would be really helpful. Someone suggested taking Novadex XT and a glutamine supp. Any suggestions??? Thanks in advance...
If you get tested, you should check to see which/if aromatase inhibitors are banned by your organization. For example, the World Doping Agency bans the use of the AI in Novedex XT in and out of competition. Just recently found that out myself... not that I'm a pro athlete, but I usually use the WDA's list of banned substances as my guide to staying "natural". Oops.

As for suggestions, there have already been a few good ones from others, but you certainly can't go wrong with glutamine. And not to give props AGAIN to AppNut, but Drive definitely increases endurance when weight training--probably because it contains cordyceps. Never tried it before cycling, but Rosie Scott is both a Drive lover and a (former?) competitive cyclist, so could be worth a try. It will also give you some testosterone support, should you decide not to take Novedex. (Or, f**k it and stack the two.)

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
micro creatine mono or green mag. I know lots of runners/cyclists who use creatine for extra endurance.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys. The Cordygen looks interesting...def more up my alley than what most on here are looking for. In fact, a lot of the MST stuff looks like my gear. I'll do some research on it.
sounds awesome brother...i think you'll be happy with your research :).

also, all of our products are completely safe to use for competition with any major testing beareau, including all ncaa and collegiates.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
to keep it simple bulk beta alanine and creatine. Add in extra BCAAs for recovery.

But nothing will increase your strength like weight training and anabolics. Just saying.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
MAN Body Octane and Cordygen5, or CRE02 and C5. No question. And yes, I used to be a very serious mt biker.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
I think a lot of endurance athletes try the Appnut's Drive/RPM stack. MST has promising supps too though, for sure.

Awards
Could try a product called EPO-BOOST.Beta-alanine does a lot for my endurance even more so when combined with RPM.

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
I ride, getting prepped for cyclocross season this summer. I am tdy at ft lee and didn't bring my bike so I am concentrating on overall endurance improvements from running and swimming and I wan't to build some overall leg strength to better power through the tougher parts of the courses.

I am running a unique and natural GH/test boost regimen right now and am leaning towards getting a 240ct bottle of drive and cordygen ultra vo2 and stacking them starting around sept 1 which will take me into cross season with some better than average lung capacity. However, I started some rodiola extract today and if I see any aerobic capacity improvement from this simple supplement alone I will just stick with it and save my money!

I actually hope Nutra gets it together and puts these two together for an ultra endurance stack sale hint hint!

OCycle

Awards
I just ordered the Ironman Stack, MVP 365 and CLOmega from MST. Looks to have all the goodies I need. I already have some glutamine and I'll think about the Novedex XT. It has a warning about positive tests, etc. Not sure if I want to risk going down that road.

Thanks to all! I'm just coming back from an injury so I want to regain and surpass my previous fitness as quickly as possible.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I just ordered the Ironman Stack, MVP 365 and CLOmega from MST. Looks to have all the goodies I need. I already have some glutamine and I'll think about the Novedex XT. It has a warning about positive tests, etc. Not sure if I want to risk going down that road.

Thanks to all! I'm just coming back from an injury so I want to regain and surpass my previous fitness as quickly as possible.
great decision buddy....you wont regret it :)

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
beta alanine, creatine, citrulline malate, and argino carn would be my suggestions, as well as peptopro or BCAA in your water as you ride....

most of those you can snag on primordials sale right now, as tons of guys including myself are stocking up.... citrulline malate they dont have tho :(

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
beta alanine, creatine, citrulline malate, and argino carn would be my suggestions, as well as peptopro or BCAA in your water as you ride....

most of those you can snag on primordials sale right now, as tons of guys including myself are stocking up.... citrulline malate they dont have tho :(
Agreed. Dude save your money and buy bulk. Nuff said.