anabolic pumps effect on blood sugar levels

1. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

anabolic pumps effect on blood sugar levels

is it possible that AP can make u more sensitive to sugar, and spike your blood sugar more than normal, especially if you are somewhat carb sensitive to begin with? like when normally 20g of dex wouldnt give u a crash afterwards, but if you take ap before hand it might spike your blood sugar more than normal? Im just wondering how to effectively use it with my diet. especially post workout. for instance normally you go for a decent amount of simple sugars post workout, but on the other hand, ap recommends u use it post workout, but recommends you need to eat complex carbs with it, not sugar. so which is it for post workout. it seems to be for me, with ap, even 1 tbsp of honey pwo gives me a sugar crash. so is it possible for ap to have an extreme effect with carbs on your blood sugar level, or am i analyzing it too much?

2. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.03%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Anabolic Pump has the opposite effect, in terms of lower serum (blood) glucose levels. It achieves this by altering the behavior of several "energy restriction" mechanisms, but most importantly, by increasing the translocation of GLUT4 from the cell nucleus to the periphery. This effectively increases glucose transport from the periphery, back into the cell, and thus lower circulating blood glucose levels.
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Anabolic Pump has the opposite effect, in terms of lower serum (blood) glucose levels. It achieves this by altering the behavior of several "energy restriction" mechanisms, but most importantly, by increasing the translocation of GLUT4 from the cell nucleus to the periphery. This effectively increases glucose transport from the periphery, back into the cell, and thus lower circulating blood glucose levels.
    it will SIGNIFICANTLY raise insulin levels, but it will DROP glucose level at a statistically significant rate at around 90 minutes from studies ive seen on Corosolic acid.

but yea what mullet said.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%

if it significantly raises insulin levels. then there is absolutely no need for any simple sugars pwo with it?
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%

Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    if it significantly raises insulin levels. then there is absolutely no need for any simple sugars pwo with it?
    its correlated with the sugar intake,

lemme get you the study...
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...7e4c0cdd7a9bb6

just gotta get the full article, it is there though.

The rise in insulin is what helps the drop in sugar.
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%
  8. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.03%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    it will SIGNIFICANTLY raise insulin levels, but it will DROP glucose level at a statistically significant rate at around 90 minutes from studies ive seen on Corosolic acid.

but yea what mullet said.
    Well, in reality, berberine and CA will both tend toward reductions in insulin response over time as the PI3K/Atk dependent pathway of glucose mobilization is displaced. The lesser PI3K/Atk are activated, the lesser the IR and IR(S) are phosphorylated and their genetic expressions subsequently alter. The study you quoted was also only post-challenge, whereas more longitudinal studies on phellodendron extract have revealed lower circulating insulin levels over time, even in post-challenge situations, as compared to controls.
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%

Well, in reality, berberine and CA will both tend toward reductions in insulin response over time as the PI3K/Atk dependent pathway of glucose mobilization is displaced. The lesser PI3K/Atk are activated, the lesser the IR and IR(S) are phosphorylated and their genetic expressions subsequently alter. The study you quoted was also only post-challenge, whereas more longitudinal studies on phellodendron extract have revealed lower circulating insulin levels over time, even in post-challenge situations, as compared to controls.
    i was talking in relation to meals, ovbiously over time the insulin levels will be significantly lower due to lower blood glucose.

the "phelledendron" or we can just call it berberine acts as an alpha glucosidase /alpha amylase inhibitor thus cutting insulin peaks and leading to an even faster normilization of blood glucose and insulin
  10. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.03%

No, we can call it phellodendron, as there are several proto-berberine alkaloids which are being revealed to be equally as responsible for the induction of AMPk response as berberine itself - dihyrdoberberine, in particular. Being the berberine expert you are, though, I assume you already knew that!

And thanks for the information! (sacrasm). Incidentally - believe it or not - I know a thing or two about the MoAs afoot here.
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%

No, we can call it phellodendron, as there are several proto-berberine alkaloids which are being revealed to be equally as responsible for the induction of AMPk response as berberine itself - dihyrdoberberine, in particular. Being the berberine expert you are, though, I assume you already knew that!

And thanks for the information! (sacrasm). Incidentally - believe it or not - I know a thing or two about the MoAs afoot here.
    lols yea i know you know the info.

isnt berberine metabolized to dihydroberberine thoguh?
  12. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.03%

lols yea i know you know the info.

isnt berberine metabolized to dihydroberberine thoguh?
    No, dhBBR is found in trace amounts in beberine containing plants, but is primarily a designed derivative. Berberine has four major urinary metabolites, by proportion, and dhBBR is not one of them. Its AMPk induction can be achieved in dosages 1/3 that of berberine, though it is too expensive to isolate and extract.
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%

No, dhBBR is found in trace amounts in beberine containing plants, but is primarily a designed derivative. Berberine has four major urinary metabolites, by proportion, and dhBBR is not one of them. Its AMPk induction can be achieved in dosages 1/3 that of berberine, though it is too expensive to isolate and extract.
    good to know!

once again your the winner by submission haha
  14. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%

In other words, AP isn't a product you wanna stay on permanently for years on end, because it will gradually permanently change how your body responds and handles releasing insulin?
  15. Handsome and intelligent
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.61%

it will SIGNIFICANTLY raise insulin levels,
    Insulin sensitizers mean that less insulin release is required, not more.
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%

Quote Originally Posted by Robboe View Post
    Insulin sensitizers mean that less insulin release is required, not more.
    you didnt read the study then.

Thats the reason for significant drop due to activation of PI3K pathway.

It MIMICKS insulin thus the reason for higher insulin levels and a statistically significant difference at about 90 minutes.
  17. Handsome and intelligent
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.61%

you didnt read the study then.

Thats the reason for significant drop due to activation of PI3K pathway.

It MIMICKS insulin thus the reason for higher insulin levels and a statistically significant difference at about 90 minutes.
    No, i read it and i saw that your post was basically quoting what the researchers said. I find it confusing actually. Something that mimicks insulin and/or sensitizes the cell to insulin's actions should not result in higher insulin levels. Unless it has something to do with the way they measured insulin, i dunno.

In any case, isn't anabolic pump supposed to not actually contain corosolic acid? I thought it was a Lagerstroemia Speciosia tanins complex?
  18. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.03%

No, i read it and i saw that your post was basically quoting what the researchers said. I find it confusing actually. Something that mimicks insulin and/or sensitizes the cell to insulin's actions should not result in higher insulin levels. Unless it has something to do with the way they measured insulin, i dunno.

In any case, isn't anabolic pump supposed to not actually contain corosolic acid? I thought it was a Lagerstroemia Speciosia tanins complex?
    The Lagerstroemia extract is approximately 35% Corosolic acid and 15% tannins by proportion.
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%

the researchers showed a HIGHER insulin level at 30 minutes, and no change at baseline.

and i assume thats what activated the glut4, as well as shiowed a drop in sugar at the time it did.
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.24%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Good post! I did not know that!
  21. Handsome and intelligent
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.61%

the researchers showed a HIGHER insulin level at 30 minutes, and no change at baseline.

and i assume thats what activated the glut4, as well as shiowed a drop in sugar at the time it did.
    I'm starting to wonder whether this has direct effect on pancreatic cells.
  22. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.11%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Great posts, Mullet!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  23. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.03%

I'm starting to wonder whether this has direct effect on pancreatic cells.
    Corosolic acid indeed does exert a "restorative" effect - according to several in vitro studies - on the beta islet cells of the pancreas. Berberine, however, does not.
  24. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%

This is an old bump I know. I'm just wondering, if you take anabolic pump before your PWO meal, do you need less simple carbs to recover, and can thus use more complex carbs as opposed to so much sugar pwo?
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.24%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

This is an old bump I know. I'm just wondering, if you take anabolic pump before your PWO meal, do you need less simple carbs to recover, and can thus use more complex carbs as opposed to so much sugar pwo?
    I use anabolic pump pwo, I've found it actually works good with high GI carbs; never tried it any other way. It seems like the more carbs I take in, the better it works.

Mike
  26. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.11%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Anabolic Pump would help support an efficient post-exercise utilization of your carbohydrates. Depending on current dietary programme (bulking, cutting, and so on), you could consume between 20gr and 60gr of complex (or mixed) carbohydrates after your post-workout Anabolic Pump dose.
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  27. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.71%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove

Anabolic Pump would help support an efficient post-exercise utilization of your carbohydrates. Depending on current dietary programme (bulking, cutting, and so on), you could consume between 20gr and 60gr of complex (or mixed) carbohydrates after your post-workout Anabolic Pump dose.
    1 cap of AP is good for roughly how many carbs?

Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench
    I use anabolic pump pwo, I've found it actually works good with high GI carbs; never tried it any other way. It seems like the more carbs I take in, the better it works.

Mike
    Nice. Good to know, cause I mostly only use high GI.

Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  28. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.11%

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    1 cap of AP is good for roughly how many carbs?

Nice. Good to know, cause I mostly only use high GI.

About 70gr.
  29. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.71%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove
    About 70gr.
    Thx SM.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP

Similar Forum Threads

1. fruit for blood sugar levels
    By MakaveliThaDon in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-25-2011, 10:26 PM
  2. coffee and blood sugar levels
    By cessna in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 04:33 PM
  3. How does this effect blood/sugar levels?
    By JDF in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-09-2008, 07:25 PM
  4. 4-ad effect on blood sugar levels?
    By SeaHawk22 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-20-2004, 07:37 PM