Should I go Citrulline-Malate or Beta-Alanine?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Should I go Citrulline-Malate or Beta-Alanine?


    I'm trying to decide which of these 2 supplements to try pre-workout for increasing strenght and endurance. What are the pros/cons of each? Any opinions/experiences?


  2. I always use beta in bulk and is cheap. Works great and no sides. I def recommend it. As for the other I never tried. Beta is awesome And best stacked with creatine. Killer combo. U won't regret it

  3. Quote Originally Posted by halfhuman View Post
    I always use beta in bulk and is cheap. Works great and no sides. I def recommend it. As for the other I never tried. Beta is awesome And best stacked with creatine. Killer combo. U won't regret it
    Beta, no question!
    •   
       


  4. beta without a doubt ctruline is just an no precourser like AAKG nothing special i really dont have much experience using it as a standalone but ive used beta and creatine together and feel invincable
    so def betaalanine once u understand the science behind it u realize why it works

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Eric160 View Post
    beta without a doubt ctruline is just an no precourser like AAKG nothing special i really dont have much experience using it as a standalone but ive used beta and creatine together and feel invincable
    so def betaalanine once u understand the science behind it u realize why it works
    When you say beta & creatine together, what do you mean? Do you actually take both together pre-wo? or do you take beta pre-wo and creatine post-wo?

  6. Creatine pre with beta. And also take beta throughout the day in septate doses. Take in about 4g total. Yes together

  7. Usually is about 1.5-2 grams per serving. So divide 4-5 grams througout the day and one serving with creatine pre workout

  8. why not beta, crea, and Cit M
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.

  9. Both

    3000mg Beta Alanine

    5000mg Cit Malate
    HIGH VOLUME - Supreme Stim-Free Nitric Oxide Matrix
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined

  10. I love both but if i was forced to choose i'd pick BA as it has more scientific backing for our purposes.

  11. As someone who has actually used citruline malate as a stand alone I can say that it's awsome. Havn't tried BA as a standalone. Ive reached a level of strength where I actually take NO to increase healthy blood vessel function and prevent hemmeroids, so CM wins in that category.

  12. Do this stuff taste like battery acid( like bulk bcaa ) in bulk...if so how do u flavor it or take it...I tried this product call muscle prime and had beta alanine n creatine n it...felt crazy strong n wanted to lift forever when I was on it...but it tasted great so don't know how this stuff taste stand alone....seen citrulline malate suggested on here but never tried it or know nething bout it

  13. Quote Originally Posted by manicstudio View Post
    Do this stuff taste like battery acid( like bulk bcaa ) in bulk...if so how do u flavor it or take it...I tried this product call muscle prime and had beta alanine n creatine n it...felt crazy strong n wanted to lift forever when I was on it...but it tasted great so don't know how this stuff taste stand alone....seen citrulline malate suggested on here but never tried it or know nething bout it
    I heard that CM tastes sour, but not sure about BA.

  14. I've used both extensively, in many different combinations, and ideally you'd use both with creatine. Given the price, there's no reason not to use all 3. But between the two, I prefer CM. It's just awesome for endurance and recovery. Fantastic stuff. CM is very sour, and beta is neutral-ish. Throw them in gatorade or whatever you like, and it'll be a non-issue.

  15. Some research says that BA and taurine both sort of push each other out of the body, but theirs a lot we don't know.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    Both

    3000mg Beta Alanine

    5000mg Cit Malate
    I dig Citruvol Ultra, it might be underdosed by some but it's potent IMO.

  17. Beta Alanine in bulk powder has absolutely no taste.It is very grainy and does settle after a few seconds, but it has no taste. Also you will most likely get the "tingles" which is just the supplement binding to the receptors. This will subside, and you can safely use it for 8 weeks plus. I highly recommend about 5 grams a day total, spread throughout the day as well as 5-10 grams of creatine (at least 10 to load). The longer you use BA the more you feel it's effects. I have used Citrulline Malate and was pretty disappointed. Not knocking it, just didn't work for me as well as BA.

    If you dont wanna go with an unflavored powder, check out Threshold by Optimum Nutrition. It's not quite as cheap, but the fruit fusion flavor is unreal. I myself am not big on flavor and rather save money so I drink my bulks like a champ.
    **** Line @ NUTRAPLANET

    All posts are for entertainment purposes only.

    Need2slin... NOM NOM NOM :yup:

  18. Quote Originally Posted by SouthernCharm View Post
    Beta Alanine in bulk powder has absolutely no taste.It is very grainy and does settle after a few seconds, but it has no taste. Also you will most likely get the "tingles" which is just the supplement binding to the receptors. This will subside, and you can safely use it for 8 weeks plus. I highly recommend about 5 grams a day total, spread throughout the day as well as 5-10 grams of creatine (at least 10 to load). The longer you use BA the more you feel it's effects. I have used Citrulline Malate and was pretty disappointed. Not knocking it, just didn't work for me as well as BA.

    If you dont wanna go with an unflavored powder, check out Threshold by Optimum Nutrition. It's not quite as cheap, but the fruit fusion flavor is unreal. I myself am not big on flavor and rather save money so I drink my bulks like a champ.
    What happens after 8 weeks?

  19. Well in my experience, after the first 4-6 weeks, the tingle started diminishing, but the endurance kept climbing. It really helps during cardio. Ive been on some sort of beta alanine supplement since february and its just become part of my supplement intake on a daily basis.
    **** Line @ NUTRAPLANET

    All posts are for entertainment purposes only.

    Need2slin... NOM NOM NOM :yup:

  20. the people who were let down by citrulline malate, did u take it in bulk powder or in another product and what dose? for me, it reduces soreness dramatically and gives me better endurance during the workout and best of all... sweet pumps

    i like to use about 6 grams of CM, when mixed with EAA's the flavors cancel out and its easier to mask
    CELTIC LABS REP

  21. Ive used preworkout drinks with and without it, and also used it bulk, i believe my dosage was 4g... maybe it worked, just nothing superior. I always get good pumps i eat carb heavy during the day before my work out and creatine/ba does the trick.
    **** Line @ NUTRAPLANET

    All posts are for entertainment purposes only.

    Need2slin... NOM NOM NOM :yup:

  22. I take 3 scoops of Primordial performance Beta Alanine with creapure. before i work out i like it simple and pure. its just str8 Beta alanine so i know i am getting it!!!

  23. Get PrimaForce's Bulk Alanine Great Price on Nutraplanet!!! Works great!

  24. Quote Originally Posted by jcr1 View Post
    Get PrimaForce's Bulk Alanine Great Price on Nutraplanet!!! Works great!
    Primordial is having there summer sale and BA is included

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Eric160 View Post
    beta without a doubt ctruline is just an no precourser like AAKG nothing special i really dont have much experience using it as a standalone but ive used beta and creatine together and feel invincable
    so def betaalanine once u understand the science behind it u realize why it works
    Arginine does not increase no production.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by manicstudio View Post
    Do this stuff taste like battery acid( like bulk bcaa ) in bulk...if so how do u flavor it or take it...I tried this product call muscle prime and had beta alanine n creatine n it...felt crazy strong n wanted to lift forever when I was on it...but it tasted great so don't know how this stuff taste stand alone....seen citrulline malate suggested on here but never tried it or know nething bout it
    BA tastes completely neutral.

  27. creapure 5 g
    cm 5 g
    ba 3 g
    bump!

  28. Quote Originally Posted by ryanp81 View Post
    Primordial is having there summer sale and BA is included
    Yep. GPLC would be sweet too.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

  29. Quote Originally Posted by kingdong View Post
    What happens after 8 weeks?
    You turn green and your pants split. No one wants that.

  30. Excellent! That's the effect, in a nutshell. More work capacity with less soreness. But I do think it's better suited to crossfit types, or crazy super-setters, etc.

  31. Quote Originally Posted by ryanp81 View Post
    I dig Citruvol Ultra, it might be underdosed by some but it's potent IMO.
    words of wisdom right there!

    Citruvol Ultra contains both BA and CM and the addition of our Cordygen aids in the shuttling and will make it feel stronger than you'd expect.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net

  32. Quote Originally Posted by CTDeuce View Post
    words of wisdom right there!

    Citruvol Ultra contains both BA and CM and the addition of our Cordygen aids in the shuttling and will make it feel stronger than you'd expect.
    but the regular citruvol was epic enough!!!! i cant imagine what the new stuff would be like
    CELTIC LABS REP

  33. Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post
    but the regular citruvol was epic enough!!!! i cant imagine what the new stuff would be like
    I cant wait for you to try it then
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net

  34. Question for those of you taking Beta with Creatine. What do you do during the creatine washout phase? do you still take Beta?

  35. Quote Originally Posted by JoeHT View Post
    Question for those of you taking Beta with Creatine. What do you do during the creatine washout phase? do you still take Beta?
    Ive been taking Beta A for probably 4-5 months now.
    **** Line @ NUTRAPLANET

    All posts are for entertainment purposes only.

    Need2slin... NOM NOM NOM :yup:

  36. Quote Originally Posted by JoeHT View Post
    Question for those of you taking Beta with Creatine. What do you do during the creatine washout phase? do you still take Beta?
    I personally think pretty much all supps should be cycled for best bang for your buck, with the exception of protein, fish oil and mutli-vitamin.

  37. Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    Both

    3000mg Beta Alanine

    5000mg Cit Malate
    I agree strongly.

  38. Both:

    3-5g Beta Alanine
    5-9g Citrulline Malate

    Moar..

    4.5g GPLC

  39. Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    Excellent! That's the effect, in a nutshell. More work capacity with less soreness. But I do think it's better suited to crossfit types, or crazy super-setters, etc.
    I agree! Citrulline Malate is more of an endurance enhancer. Beta-Alaine does that, but more geared toward the strength/power side.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-14-2011, 07:11 AM
  2. Beta alanine & citrulline malate
    By bodybybrad in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-19-2007, 04:20 PM
  3. Beta alanine & citrulline malate
    By bodybybrad in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-13-2007, 07:54 PM
  4. beta alanine and citrulline malate taste
    By drunk in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-18-2007, 09:00 AM
  5. Beta-Alanine and Citrulline Malate
    By jdev in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-13-2006, 05:33 PM
Log in
Log in