vitamin C cortisol

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone done any testing to see if highdosed vitamin C really dose jack squat for cortisol? It would be nice to get to the bottom of this. Most scintist already say that it has no benefit to average people, and can possibly pull zinc and other nutrients out of us. Dose it at least have this one little benefit to bodybuilders?

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
Has anyone done any testing to see if highdosed vitamin C really dose jack squat for cortisol? It would be nice to get to the bottom of this. Most scintist already say that it has no benefit to average people, and can possibly pull zinc and other nutrients out of us. Dose it at least have this one little benefit to bodybuilders?
There definately appears to be a connection.

http://www.hms.uq.edu.au/docs/jpeakePDF/Peake-IJSNEM-2003.pdf

Scroll down to page 14. They offer two antagonizing hypotheses on why this may be the case.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
many people have opinoins on this, i happen to use a phosphatidyl serine based product like endoamp max from primordial, just easier for me

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
As long as you take in a lot of water, vitamin C wont interfere with any other vitamin or mineral in your body...

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I fully believe you, but is this from theory or research?
I read this from somewhere and others have told me this.. Most people that tak vit. c., the average joe doesn't consume enough water and vit. c. is a water soluble vitamin..

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
the thing is that it is so cheap, i just picked up a bottle of GNC Triple C with 1000mg per pill along with a small dose of GSE(100mg), Citrus Bioflavanoid complex(50mg), Setria TM L-Glutathione (25mg), and alpha Lipoic Acid (25mg). Got it for $3.50 and will take 3 pills per day for 30 days, if it works at all I can't go wrong!