stretch mark help

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
not sure if this is ther right place, but I wanted to hear what anyone knew about getting rid of stretch marks.

My sister has lost a great deal of weight and is quite self concious about her stretch marks...her birthday is coming up and I wanted to get her some stuff she can use for a while to see if it can help...its either that or

Firm® Body Sculpting System 2
Featuring the 3-in-1 Sculpting Stick .....hey shes a girl what can i say.

anyway...i know there are scripts she can get from the doc but wondering if anyone knew any tips/tricks..

I would say the marks are in the latter stages...

h19

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
there was a thread about this in o/t about 4 days ago....might check there for help?

morfiend

Awards
  • Established
nothing i've used works. altho i haven't tried maderma, cause it's ridicullously expensive... i think time may be your best bet. some people say cocoa butter helps, that hasn't worked for me at all

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
nothing i've used works. altho i haven't tried maderma, cause it's ridicullously expensive... i think time may be your best bet. some people say cocoa butter helps, that hasn't worked for me at all
ive seen some other crap on the internet, but most of the products say you have to use it for like 12 months...i don't think i can afford to buy my sis a years supply....I told her to see her doc and go to a dermatologist, they can give her a script for like Retin A or something, that is said to work ok..

logan

logan

Board Supporter
Awards
there's a stick called D-Mark, it looks like deodarent. It contains both Cocoa Butter and vitamine E which are both suppose to be good to help stretch marks. Plus it has other stuff too. I've seen it being sold at Musclemag as well as http://www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=1165

hope that helps

morfiend

Awards
  • Established

Stretch marks are often mistakenly blamed on the rapid stretching of the skin associated with such life events as pregnancy and growth spurts, but in actuality this is untrue. Stretch marks (also referred to as striae distensae) are the result of an increased level of circulating glucocorticoids throughout the bloodstream. This hormone, secreted by the adrenal glands (they lie on top of the kidneys), becomes elevated during pregnancy, adolescence, with obesity, weight lifting and Cushing’s disease.
what the ****? she gives no ref's to any of this. sounds like she just pulled this out of her ass.

dmxinc

Awards
During my wife's pregnancy, she used liquid vitamin E and cocoa butter both twice a day. They helped a little, but I think they actually prevented larger stretch marks rather than remove old ones.

tarbaby2000

Awards
Retin-A is/was used by alot of people for stretch marks. I remember an old bodybuiding article where Lee Priest suggested it. But, anyway, it works pretty well and is somewhat inexpensive.