COCONUT oil

LAC

LAC

Awards
has anyone had success using coconut oil to lose weight(fat)?
thanks

GregW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Coconut oil is high in MCTs (about 70% IIRC). About 50% of MCTs bypass the kidney and are metabolized as energy rather than utilized for energy storage (fat). If you're doing a lot of cooking Coconut Oil is a good choice for cooking oil

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have had great success with it and get a high quality one for cheap at Whole Foods by me. I bought 2 in late February, just finished my second "tub" of it this week. Great for pre-workout with protein when dieting.

LAC

LAC

Awards
do you feel like it helped you drop some weight?
thanks

cowboy007

cowboy007

Awards
  • Established
Never used it for weight loss, but I do cook with it. I get LorAnns (sp?) at Walmart for under $5 for a good sized tub

goonstopher

goonstopher

Awards
  • Established
Problem is using it. It is just too much trouble

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Coconut Oil does raise testosterone and the calories are not know to be stored as fat, so maybe not weight loss, but definitely helps with body recomposition.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
it raises test?
where did you learn about that?
Years of research my friend... taken before bed gives building blocks for Test, couple with some Zinc and you get a nice raise.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
1 to 2 tablespoons a day is a good measure. you can do more if you want, just make sure to count the extra calories if you are trying to lose weight. I usually scramble eggs with it or use it anytime I fry anything in a pan. also a very good moisturizer.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks for the tip!!
how much do you take?
as liquid?
I take a tablespoon in place of carbs before my workout; now I have been doing this for a while and get a better workout from MCTs in EVCO than I do from pwo carb sources.

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
I take a tablespoon in place of carbs before my workout; now I have been doing this for a while and get a better workout from MCTs in EVCO than I do from pwo carb sources.
I was just about to post this. Especially for folks on low carb or keto diets, MCTs pre-workout can feel as effective as carbohydrate for energy.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
I was just about to post this. Especially for folks on low carb or keto diets, MCTs pre-workout can feel as effective as carbohydrate for energy.
Wow, that's good to know. I'm gonna test this out on my next cut which will be my first full keto diet.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
yep, the MCT's in coconut convert to energy wayyyyy faster than carbohydrates. the only real use for glycogen is for heavy lifting, up to 80% intensity your body can use body/dietary fat.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Saturated fat in general is good for test. Let's not jump the gun and say that we need to put coconut oil in test boosters or anything. Im gonna start using cocconut oil again for the immune benefits though.

Feel The Burn

Awards
Check out Youth Addicts Urban Estates Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil.
It is sold on Nutra Planet.

:fing02:

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
How long before training?

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How long before training?
I typically have it around 3:00 PM and lift btw 4:30-5:00. I have taken it within an hour and still get the energy benefits. This is consumer along with 25-30 grams of whey protein.

cowboy007

cowboy007

Awards
  • Established
I started adding it to a shake once a day. Not too bad at all...

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
It seems like this stuff could be more useful than most of the supplements out there, but Im sure most will never click o this thread.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It seems like this stuff could be more useful than most of the supplements out there, but Im sure most will never click o this thread.
Definitely outperforms many supplements! Trust me, a TBS a night and your woman will be swimming the baby batter.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just cut out carbs weekdays and save your self money

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
Would taking it before bed interfere at all with a gh related product like powerfull or ghenerate?

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
I have not experienced any interference at all.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
A good all around thing to take.
A friend alerted me to it.
She's 50 and in extremely good shape.
She uses coconut oil, olive, oil, flaxseed oil and a whole range of beneficial natural nutrients.
Said that the coconut oil seemed to boost her energy and lean her out.

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
Years of research my friend... taken before bed gives building blocks for Test, couple with some Zinc and you get a nice raise.
About how long before you noticed the effects of this and what effects did you notice? I just bought some and am going to try taking a tblspoon before bed but was wondering what to look for.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
About how long before you noticed the effects of this and what effects did you notice? I just bought some and am going to try taking a tblspoon before bed but was wondering what to look for.
I personally felt it in a few days... I started with the lower end spectrum of test, so I had a good feel real fast. I found much more energy really fast, along with a well increased desire for the ol lady.

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
I personally felt it in a few days... I started with the lower end spectrum of test, so I had a good feel real fast. I found much more energy really fast, along with a well increased desire for the ol lady.
How long did you do it for, or does it even need to be cycled?

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How long did you do it for, or does it even need to be cycled?
Unless there is some really good reason for me to go back to pwo carbs, I highly doubt that I will. Easier, cheaper and more effective in my opinion.

vudoo

Awards
Been using coconut oil for a while now.
You guys should try coconut BUTTER to mix it up. It's basically a whole coconut that is ground up. Has the consistency of peanut butter. Pretty good.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 3
Supplements 9
Supplements 31
Supplements 55
DemntedCowboy Nutrition / Health 1