question on 7-keto, raspberry ketones, and geranamine

  1. Registered User
    CuriousYogurt's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    31
    Posts
    12
    Answers
    0

    question on 7-keto, raspberry ketones, and geranamine


    I've recently gotten quite interested in supplements (beyond your standard vitamins), and have been doing a lot of reading on those. A few in particular have caught my interest, those being CLA, 7-keto DHEA, raspberry ketones, and geranamine (1,3dimethylamylamine). And I was wondering, can all those be taken together?
    I've never seen all four of those listed together as ingredients for weightloss/etc pills, only (almost) any two of them in the same pill, and I'm wondering why. Is there a good reason, or is it just because no one has ever tried it?

    Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm fairly new to this.

    Thanks!

  2. Registered User
    Chefdeez's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    387
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousYogurt View Post
    I've recently gotten quite interested in supplements (beyond your standard vitamins), and have been doing a lot of reading on those. A few in particular have caught my interest, those being CLA, 7-keto DHEA, raspberry ketones, and geranamine (1,3dimethylamylamine). And I was wondering, can all those be taken together?
    I've never seen all four of those listed together as ingredients for weightloss/etc pills, only (almost) any two of them in the same pill, and I'm wondering why. Is there a good reason, or is it just because no one has ever tried it?

    Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm fairly new to this.

    Thanks!
    A simple answer would be yes, you can take them all together.

    *I would take 4-6 caps of CLA with meals. Or if you can afford it, you can take up to 10-12 caps (grams) spread out evenly.
    *You can take 25 mgs of 1,3dimeth and 200-500 mgs of RK 1-3 times per day (definitely one dose preworkout)
    ****Serious Nutrition Solutions sells 1,3Dimeth and Raspberry Ketones separately, in capsule form.
    *7-Keto DHEA will help with thyroid function and cortisol levels, you can take this either preworkout or with your CLA dose.


    Let me know if you have any questions.
  3. Banned
    crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,431
    Answers
    0


    i steer clear of RK now due to anti androgenicy it possesses, i would look into capsiate or capsacsin to replace it, same qualities, tad weaker but no antiandrogenic activity.
    •   
       

  4. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,627
    Answers
    0


    CLA: Good stuff, take 4-6gr a day with meals spread out. Takes a while to kick in but i like it
    7-keto DHEA: Underated supp IMO. I love this stuff. 100mg in the morning and after-noon. NOW foods makes some thats cheap and works.
    raspberry ketones: Mehhh, never really saw too much but proabably want using consistently
    geranamine (1,3dimethylamylamine): I dont really like this stuff, used it a few times when it was in some other supps. Kills my appetite waaaay too mcuh, little naseua too. I'd opt for ephedra/caffiene/asprin root. Tried and true.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  5. Handsome and intelligent
    Board Sponsor
    Robboe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,927
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    CLA: Good stuff, take 4-6gr a day with meals spread out. Takes a while to kick in but i like it
    7-keto DHEA: Underated supp IMO. I love this stuff. 100mg in the morning and after-noon. NOW foods makes some thats cheap and works.
    raspberry ketones: Mehhh, never really saw too much but proabably want using consistently
    geranamine (1,3dimethylamylamine): I dont really like this stuff, used it a few times when it was in some other supps. Kills my appetite waaaay too mcuh, little naseua too. I'd opt for ephedra/caffiene/asprin root. Tried and true.
    There was a meta-study released on CLA fairly recently showing that its effects on fat loss and lean mass are both negligible. They exist, but the effects are very mild, so i think its a case of 'if you can afford it, knock yourself out.'
    The Driven Blog
    Follow DS on Facebook and Twitter!

    Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!
  6. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,627
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Robboe View Post
    There was a meta-study released on CLA fairly recently showing that its effects on fat loss and lean mass are both negligible. They exist, but the effects are very mild, so i think its a case of 'if you can afford it, knock yourself out.'
    I see, could also be why it takes so long to see results? Since they are smaller. I'm talking like 4 months or so. However I can say that when I keep taking it, the fatloss around my stomach seems easier to keep.

    I've ran CLA pretty hardcore about 3 times in my life. It's not an instant fix, thats for sure. Cash flow and patients will make CLA shine.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  7. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,132
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    i steer clear of RK now due to anti androgenicy it possesses, i would look into capsiate or capsacsin to replace it, same qualities, tad weaker but no antiandrogenic activity.
    Study?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  8. Banned
    crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,431
    Answers
    0


    Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2010 Feb 21. [Epub ahead of print]

    Effect of essential oils, such as raspberry ketone and its derivatives, on antiandrogenic activity based on in vitro reporter gene assay.
    Ogawa Y, Akamatsu M, Hotta Y, Hosoda A, Tamura H.

    Department of Environmental Bioscience, Meijo University, Nagoya 468-8502, Japan.

    The effect of essential oils, such as raspberry ketone, on androgen (AR) receptor was investigated using a MDA-kb2 human breast cancer cell line for predicting potential AR activity. Among them, eugenol had the highest AR antagonistic activity with its IC(50) value of 19muM. Raspberry ketone, which has threefold higher anti-obese activity than that of capsaicin, also had AR antagonist activity with its IC(50) value of 252muM. Based on these findings, a more precise CoMFA model was proposed as follows: pIC(50) [log (1/IC(50))]=3.77+[CoMFA field terms] (n=39, s=0.249, r(2)=0.834, s(cv)=0.507, q(2)=0.311 (three components). Copyright © 2010. Published by Elsevier Ltd.

    PMID: 20226658 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
  9. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,132
    Answers
    0


    How is a breast cancer cell tissue applicable? Not all breast cancer tissue has androgen receptors and unhealthy tissue is a bad model to use for application.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  10. Banned
    crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,431
    Answers
    0


    the fact that it posses the possibility is no good,

    no matter the cell, however more work needs to be done to have more well rounded conclusive evidence, but i know i wont use RK again until i know for sure especially since doses are upwards of 600mg per day.
  11. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,132
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    the fact that it posses the possibility is no good,

    no matter the cell, however more work needs to be done to have more well rounded conclusive evidence, but i know i wont use RK again until i know for sure especially since doses are upwards of 600mg per day.
    I personally never use more than 300mg/day.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  12. Banned
    crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,431
    Answers
    0


    it wasnt that impressive for me either way, i honestly thing capsacium 40% is better, and at a lower dose like 10mg
  13. Handsome and intelligent
    Board Sponsor
    Robboe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,927
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    I see, could also be why it takes so long to see results? Since they are smaller. I'm talking like 4 months or so. However I can say that when I keep taking it, the fatloss around my stomach seems easier to keep.

    I've ran CLA pretty hardcore about 3 times in my life. It's not an instant fix, thats for sure. Cash flow and patients will make CLA shine.
    Likely, yes.

    Once someone manufactures a pure t-10,c-12 isomer we'll be in business!!
    The Driven Blog
    Follow DS on Facebook and Twitter!

    Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!
  14. Registered User
    CuriousYogurt's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    31
    Posts
    12
    Answers
    0


    Thanks for the responses!

    So I started taking the RK (I decided to take my chances with them) at 100mg twice daily, the 7-keto at 100mg twice daily, together with some green tea powder (500mg three times daily) and the CLA capsules. And I was wondering, should I be feeling anything at those doses from the RK or the 7-keto? It seems others have started feeling warm from the RK, but I'm not feeling any different (I think). Maybe I need to just up the doses ....
  15. Handsome and intelligent
    Board Sponsor
    Robboe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,927
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousYogurt View Post
    Thanks for the responses!

    So I started taking the RK (I decided to take my chances with them) at 100mg twice daily, the 7-keto at 100mg twice daily, together with some green tea powder (500mg three times daily) and the CLA capsules. And I was wondering, should I be feeling anything at those doses from the RK or the 7-keto? It seems others have started feeling warm from the RK, but I'm not feeling any different (I think). Maybe I need to just up the doses ....
    What dose are you taking of each?
  16. Registered User
    CuriousYogurt's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    31
    Posts
    12
    Answers
    0


    RK: 100mg two times a day (i.e. 200mg total per day)
    7-keto: 100mg two times a day (i.e. 200mg total per day)
  17. Handsome and intelligent
    Board Sponsor
    Robboe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,927
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousYogurt View Post
    RK: 100mg two times a day (i.e. 200mg total per day)
    7-keto: 100mg two times a day (i.e. 200mg total per day)
    That is not a big dose of 7-keto. While i've not tried it myself, i recall Pat Arnold saying that he used multi-gram doses of 7-keto on a daily basis for best effect.
  18. Registered User
    Jasen's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,048
    Answers
    0


    Wait so rk ate bad than? Or bad only on cycle can they be used with pct nolva clomid
  19. Banned
    SupermanStrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    70
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Jasen View Post
    Wait so rk ate bad than? Or bad only on cycle can they be used with pct nolva clomid
    i stopped useing RK and I3C all together due to antiandrogenicy and my libido is ridic right now.
  20. Registered User
    Jasen's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,048
    Answers
    0


    Thanks that's all I needed f rk
  21. O.G. Appnut
    Board Sponsor
    Vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,204
    Answers
    0


    Just a heads up..... 7-Keto and 1,3 Dimeth are not allowed by some organizations; if by chance you are a competitor of any kind or hope to be in the near future. Might be worth looking into.
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Better Results Through Science
    Success occurs when everything you have is APPLIED.
    Have you heard about N.O. Uptake? ;-)
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. TTA and raspberry ketones
    By jaydesiel4651 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-06-2007, 11:22 PM
  2. Raspberry Ketones- 10g?
    By bmw71285 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-01-2007, 08:31 PM
  3. Raspberry Ketones
    By colkurtz_spf in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-20-2006, 10:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in