GABA quadruples post-training GH production

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
So when is the optimal time to dose GABA?

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I always thought if GH went up prolactin went down? Maybe thats dopamine im thinkin of? Yes, i think thats it, disreguard lol. :lol:

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
HGH pro post workout?

If i didn't eat so many carbs that is.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm going to try it while on cycle. Do you think it will still make a difference?
Really I don`t know man but i got some questions about this. if make me sleepy in the workout or some lethargy?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i would do it before training, i used to take 2 grams pre-workout and 3 grams pre-bed. MTTF to prevent addiction, and 4 weeks max.

the studies show taken pre-workout gaba will increase gh. i had good experiences with this leaning out. i would take it also at night on the same day just for experimental purposes.

be warned, do not do gaba prior to intense cardio, or your heart will go in overload.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I always thought if GH went up prolactin went down? Maybe thats dopamine im thinkin of? Yes, i think thats it, disreguard lol. :lol:
Actually though GABA raises GH by raising dopamine levels :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
supposedly before bed but the article says before training?:bigeyes:
If you look around, there are also studies showing Melatonin does it as well. I've tried dosing 6mg melatonin preworkout, its particularly nice for a heavy leg day, if you have the opportunity to nap after you are done with your workout :)

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you look around, there are also studies showing Melatonin does it as well. I've tried dosing 6mg melatonin preworkout, its particularly nice for a heavy leg day, if you have the opportunity to nap after you are done with your workout :)
DAMN IT 6mg:bigeyes: and the GH output?

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
I would do 3gm GABA, 3-6 gm melatonin, 5gm glutamine, and Vit C and E and ZMA before bed during off season on weekends. It was amazing. Then get up have a big breakfast, and then train two hours later. Awesome.

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
you should see the studies with doses of 10mg of melatonin,really impressive.

I dose gaba 3-5 grams 30 min before I go to sleep and take 1-2 days off.

WilteredFire

WilteredFire

Awards
  • Established
Anybody not want to comment on what happens to the Growth Hormone when you get an insulin spike from all the high GI carbs in your post workout shake?

Isn't the insulin in this case going to counteract the effects of the elevated GH? Anybody care to expand on this...

And also, how anabolic would that GH increase be in all honesty, does GH injections even translate into significant gains in a short period of time?

Cheers guys. Interesting article for sure though.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anybody not want to comment on what happens to the Growth Hormone when you get an insulin spike from all the high GI carbs in your post workout shake?

Isn't the insulin in this case going to counteract the effects of the elevated GH? Anybody care to expand on this...

And also, how anabolic would that GH increase be in all honesty, does GH injections even translate into significant gains in a short period of time?

Cheers guys. Interesting article for sure though.
Heres the big tadas of that.

a) You don't really need a high GI carb immediately PWO, if at all.
b) if you wanted an insulin spike, insulin is easy to inject and OTC in all states.
c) if you time a high GI carb PWO or insulin injection right (more like 40-60 min PWO) you maximize insulin after the majority of GH has been released by your body
d) GH rapidly turns into IGF-1 + 2
e) if you get timing right, you'll have high levels of insulin at the same time as IGF1 + 2 for maximal growth potential.

Overall though, I personally prefer to not have high GI shakes. I've doodled with it both ways, and also have (and this is now my standard) a small shake with 20g moderately fast carbs/40g protein mixed as whey and egg about 30 minutes PWO, then a full more or less 40/40/20 meal with moderately to heavily complex carbs 30-60 minutes later.

Oh I want to add though that I work out fasted first thing in the morning, so thats the only reason I even do the carb/protein shake as thats when studies have shown that to be valuable - after a fasted workout.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Heres the big tadas of that.

a) You don't really need a high GI carb immediately PWO, if at all.
b) if you wanted an insulin spike, insulin is easy to inject and OTC in all states.
c) if you time a high GI carb PWO or insulin injection right (more like 40-60 min PWO) you maximize insulin after the majority of GH has been released by your body
d) GH rapidly turns into IGF-1 + 2
e) if you get timing right, you'll have high levels of insulin at the same time as IGF1 + 2 for maximal growth potential.

Overall though, I personally prefer to not have high GI shakes. I've doodled with it both ways, and also have (and this is now my standard) a small shake with 20g moderately fast carbs/40g protein mixed as whey and egg about 30 minutes PWO, then a full more or less 40/40/20 meal with moderately to heavily complex carbs 30-60 minutes later.

Oh I want to add though that I work out fasted first thing in the morning, so thats the only reason I even do the carb/protein shake as thats when studies have shown that to be valuable - after a fasted workout.
This is Correct!!!!!!

and personally i wait 45 min after the workout to eat my COMPLEX CARBS in this time is sufficient for the GH output (30, min, 60min, 90 min is the highest time but i need eat)

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Does Controlled Labs White Flood contain enough GABA to ellicit this four fold increase in GH? If so, could just take that and not have any post work out carbs, during a cut of course.

TheTransforma

I experimented with this for 3 weeks after reading the article on ergogenics, must say that it didn't do much in regards to recomping. I also tried Powerfull by UPS labs after that, and in my experience, that worked alot better for raising HGH and thereby recomping effects than the 3 grams GABA pre workout.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks like im adding GABA to my already existing stack of melotonin/ZMA for night time rest!

crush22

Awards
Would using Phenibut (which supposedly crosses the bb barrier quicker) be more beneficial than straight GABA?

purebred

I would do 3gm GABA, 3-6 gm melatonin, 5gm glutamine, and Vit C and E and ZMA before bed during off season on weekends. It was amazing. Then get up have a big breakfast, and then train two hours later. Awesome.
3-6 gm melatonin? Holy shiznit, I'm good with 1mg and probably even 500mcg. :ntome:

SokVichet

SokVichet

Awards
  • Established
3-6 gm melatonin? Holy shiznit, I'm good with 1mg and probably even 500mcg. :ntome:
Indeed, I'm good with 500mcg even at 225 lbs. That dosing would likely put me in a coma :p

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
Interesting read... either way you would have to dose for months to see any visual effects. Increases in gh take a long time to manifest in the mirror

The best use of gaba, melatonin, and phenibut is for sleep IMO

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
Does Controlled Labs White Flood contain enough GABA to ellicit this four fold increase in GH? If so, could just take that and not have any post work out carbs, during a cut of course.
no because they include a dose to help with focus and clarity.

there have been studies with regards to gh at doses of 10mg,lol.

5mg plus 3-5 grams of gaba is golden for gh production.

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
I may sound stupid, but if I eat carbs post workout and use GABA, how does that affect it, and I will probably try this right before bed from now on

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
Its not a stupid question, but high glucose intake actually lowers GH Production according to what I have read. I have to ask if this is post workout, or pre bedtime? I would worry more about using it pre workout, and before bed. There is usually less glucose in us before bed, which is why it makes sense to take it then. Its also when GH peaks anyway.

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
Its not a stupid question, but high glucose intake actually lowers GH Production according to what I have read. I have to ask if this is post workout, or pre bedtime? I would worry more about using it pre workout, and before bed. There is usually less glucose in us before bed, which is why it makes sense to take it then. Its also when GH peaks anyway.
indeed and high glucose levels are the not most healthy thing all the time.

you can take it post workout,even some companies have put it in a pre workout in a lower dose.

30 min pre bed,fantastic!

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
Yes, now that its off season for me again I plan on getting on the gaba again. I will stack it with ZMA and glutamine, and possibly melatonin for some serious sleep

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Great post... I'm going to try this soon.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
I just tried two weeks of the 3 gram does preworkout. Kicked ass for stubborn fat loss. I had hella long intense workouts. I do have one question. I was just running creatine mono, gaba, and a bit of Jack3d and i had a huge acne flare up. Does an increase in GH also increase test, thus causing the acne? My diet was super clean and low fat and I havent had acne in a while. It was worse than my superdrol cycle a year ago. Any thoughts?

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just tried two weeks of the 3 gram does preworkout. Kicked ass for stubborn fat loss. I had hella long intense workouts. I do have one question. I was just running creatine mono, gaba, and a bit of Jack3d and i had a huge acne flare up. Does an increase in GH also increase test, thus causing the acne? My diet was super clean and low fat and I havent had acne in a while. It was worse than my superdrol cycle a year ago. Any thoughts?
:hmmm: seems your T levels is up my friend!

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Really interested in your experience. I have very stubborn fat around my mid / lower stomach. How bad was yours, how long did you use the GABA and what sort of impact did it have upon the fat.

Thanks,

S.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
2 and a half years ago i was a nerdy no muscle 240 pound fat kid. I have been working hard and am probably at about 215 9% BF or so now. I still have had the last little bit of pudge right around the lower 4 abs, so that is what i have been working on. With the 2 week gaba run i was eating 4k cals at 50% carbs/30-35% protein /<20% fat ratio and i was able to get a bit of definition out of those final 2 abs. I lifted hard and did 30 mins cardio, every fifth minute being a high intensity interval. I took 3 grams gaba about 15 minutes preworkout every training day (M-F). I felt really good about it. I felt like I lost some of that stubborn fat. I have done cuts before where i kinda dried out but held onto that stubborn pudge. With this little two week session, I felt like i didnt dry out but lost some of that stubborn fat. I have been off Gaba for 2 weeks now, and i am planning doing another 2 week run starting this following monday. I will let you know how it goes.

So basically saggy, try it out. Gaba is just another arrow in the bodybuilding quiver.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Carcaya,

Thanks my man. Similar story to mine. Around 16 months ago I was 180 lbs and 20 - 25% body fat. Now I'm 180 lbs at 10 - 11%. I've bee as low as 9% before with pretty nice cuts, but like you I have held onto the stubborn lower ab fat. Looked kind of weird with my top abs really cut, upper obliques looking good and then lower abs smooth!! Numerous times in the effort to get rid of that fat I dieted and trained too hard and lost muscle, then had to put the muscle back on and try again!! I realised it could problems with insulin sensitivity as since taking anabolic pump my stomach looks far more balanced. Will try the gaba though when I start my cut in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the advice bro..much appreciated.

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
I just love the restful dreamful sleep I get on GABA. I will have to try it pre workout.