digestive enzymes

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I recently picked up a product called completeGest Renew, i was wondering if anyone has used this product and how u used it. Also what enzyme products woudl u recommend and if enzyme products are worth it, thanks!

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There are two i'd recommend MST's Enzy-M and NOW Super Enzymes those are the only two i have used and liked. Used to use Gut Health by RPN if you could find that i'd go that way for sure.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
alright, and u just take a serving with each meal? seems liek that could get expensive......... do u feel its worth it?

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
Add in some plain yogurt to your diet, and use pepper on all your meals. I'm on my 2nd bottle of nows enzymes and haven't noticed any difference.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yea i got it just cuz i thoguht it woudl help my body to better use the nutrients from all the food im eating

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
alright, and u just take a serving with each meal? seems liek that could get expensive......... do u feel its worth it?
I used Vitamin Shop's in-house brand, a massive 300 or 600ct bottle lasted quite a while, and had a very comprehensive enzyme blend. I have used NOW's Super Enzymes, and truly liked their product as well. I found that enzymes were the most advantageous when taken with dairy laden meals (cottage cheese, cheese, milk, whey concentrate), post workout meals to speed assimilation and lessen bloating, and with red meat meals.

PS: You won't notice a dramatic difference immediately, but it will begin to improve your rapidity of digestion and reduce gastric distress.
PPS: Try adding in some Greek Yogurt with active cultures to aid in your stomach health as well

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
will this help my boy to beter utilize the nutrients or is it more jsut for digestive comfort, cuz i dont really get like gassy or anything, that i can think of. Like i heard the body doesnt break down red meat that well, so would it be beneficial with tthat so my body gets all teh protein and what not?

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
will this help my boy to beter utilize the nutrients or is it more jsut for digestive comfort, cuz i dont really get like gassy or anything, that i can think of. Like i heard the body doesnt break down red meat that well, so would it be beneficial with tthat so my body gets all teh protein and what not?
You have no digestive problems, you really don't need to look into this!

niCe99

niCe99

Awards
  • Established
i was under the impression that digestive enzymes were really only needed if one had GI Distress/discomfort...please correct me if im wrong

with that said, i bought digestive enzymes because, like yourself, i thought it would help me better "utilize" those nutrients.

i benefited nothing from it to my knowledge. thought they were sugar pills for a second

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Look, at 5'9 125, you just need more food, not enzymes. I'm near the same height (about 5'9.5-9.75) and weigh 90lbs more, with top 4 abs showing. Its not because you aren't getting everything from what you eat (unless you have Chron's disease or Celiac or something similar), its just you aren't eating enough. Start another thread about diet in general, and pm me with it once you have and we can work on what you are eating, and when.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Using digestive enzymes is the best decision I have ever made in my life. I don't feel bloated and sick after every meal anymore.. and I can actually eat larger meals without feeling disgusting. I just use swanson vitamins basic digestive enzyme.. never used what you got, but im sure it will do fine.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
i enjoy Myogenix ProFiber
I have been using this for months - great post!

I would actually say fiber is critical more-so than enzymes, because unless you are partaking in some dairy foods or refried beans (haha!) the body can usually cope with digestion with ease.

Pro Fiber is an excellent product with probiotics and INSOLUBLE fiber (which I had to do quite a bit of research on to clearly understand the difference and necessity between the two varieties of fiber).

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Using digestive enzymes is the best decision I have ever made in my life. I don't feel bloated and sick after every meal anymore.. and I can actually eat larger meals without feeling disgusting. I just use swanson vitamins basic digestive enzyme.. never used what you got, but im sure it will do fine.
I am beginning to really become a fan of Swanson. Excellent service, prices, and a pretty wide range of products. Do you dose one cap per meal?

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I had pointed this out in the post directly above yours...

...I found that enzymes were the most advantageous when taken with dairy laden meals (cottage cheese, cheese, milk, whey concentrate), post workout meals to speed assimilation and lessen bloating, and with red meat meals.

PS: You won't notice a dramatic difference immediately, but it will begin to improve your rapidity of digestion and reduce gastric distress.
PPS: Try adding in some Greek Yogurt with active cultures to aid in your stomach health as well

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AdelV Supplements 5
Supplements 4
Supplements 1
Supplements 10
Anabolics 26