melatonin lowers or raises testosterone levels?

JoeHT

Awards
I've been taking melatonin (3 mg/day) for the last 3 weeks and recently started feeling lower T-levels symptons (decreased libido, no morning wood, ect.). I'm not sure if the 2 things are related. I did a search on google that resulted on conflicting info. Any opinions or experiences?

deadaim

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Jesus christ lay off the webmd lol.

The symptoms are from feeling a bit groggy in the morning. Your bombarding your gaba receptors , so its normal to feel kind of off or sleepy.

JoeHT

Awards
Jesus christ lay off the webmd lol.

The symptoms are from feeling a bit groggy in the morning. Your bombarding your gaba receptors , so its normal to feel kind of off or sleepy.
It's not only in the morning. The low T symptons are present all the time :sad:

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
man...nothing a little tribulus cant fix :fing02:

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i would like to know the answer to this as well i been taking it for about 4 months now

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
I've been taking melatonin (3 mg/day) for the last 3 weeks and recently started feeling lower T-levels symptons (decreased libido, no morning wood, ect.). I'm not sure if the 2 things are related. I did a search on google that resulted on conflicting info. Any opinions or experiences?
Is there anything else getting you down? Have you been having trouble sleeping and thats why you started using the melatonin?

deadaim

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Get a damn blood test if you think you have low test, dont speculate...

The symptoms you describe are relevant to a hundred other things...

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Get a damn blood test if you think you have low test, dont speculate...

The symptoms you describe are relevant to a hundred other things...
Maybe 101 other things ;)

Repped

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I take melatonin all the time and have a raging morning wood every day. It is not giving you low T levels, so many other factors to consider besides an amino acid sleep aid.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
I take melatonin all the time and have a raging morning wood every day. It is not giving you low T levels, so many other factors to consider besides an amino acid sleep aid.
Ive been taking 3 mg every night, for about 3 months now. I sometimes get the morning wood, sometimes dont. I think my reason for not getting them is overall stress from the workday before. My 2 cents

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I wish someone who could afford blood tests would put this sup to the test.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Lol, its actually a straight synthetic hormone... And it is known to raise test..

WilteredFire

WilteredFire

Awards
  • Established
People on melatonin often report steel hard wood, So not sure why its effecting you that way. You might wanna check your diet somewhere.

Dont forget if you drink juice/fizzy drinks from plastic containers/cartons some companys oddly enough line them with Estrogen mimicking plastic which can lower your test. If im not wrong, they may be using these in Water bottle material also. Just double check your diet again like I said. Neither will drinking unfiltered tap water that was said a while back to have substances in their to make people "sterile". Sorry im not trying to be some kinda paranoid nut here, but just making some suggestions that some might not give here.

Once you've got this side sorted out, look into other things like supplementation to get your test back. You might want to start looking into doing kegals + reverse kegels to help your units blood flow which people report give them rock hard wood after a few months.

shane90

Awards
Well that's good , its being very important to maintain a healthy and fit life then you should have the normal level of testosterone. Because the the low testosterone causes many symptoms ...

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Well that's good , its being very important to maintain a healthy and fit life then you should have the normal level of testosterone. Because the the low testosterone causes many symptoms ...
Can you explain that first sentence. The wording confuses me.