melatonin lowers or raises testosterone levels?

  1. melatonin lowers or raises testosterone levels?


    I've been taking melatonin (3 mg/day) for the last 3 weeks and recently started feeling lower T-levels symptons (decreased libido, no morning wood, ect.). I'm not sure if the 2 things are related. I did a search on google that resulted on conflicting info. Any opinions or experiences?


  2. Jesus christ lay off the webmd lol.

    The symptoms are from feeling a bit groggy in the morning. Your bombarding your gaba receptors , so its normal to feel kind of off or sleepy.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by deadaim View Post
    Jesus christ lay off the webmd lol.

    The symptoms are from feeling a bit groggy in the morning. Your bombarding your gaba receptors , so its normal to feel kind of off or sleepy.
    It's not only in the morning. The low T symptons are present all the time
    •   
       


  4. deleted

  5. man...nothing a little tribulus cant fix
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.

  6. i would like to know the answer to this as well i been taking it for about 4 months now

  7. Quote Originally Posted by JoeHT View Post
    I've been taking melatonin (3 mg/day) for the last 3 weeks and recently started feeling lower T-levels symptons (decreased libido, no morning wood, ect.). I'm not sure if the 2 things are related. I did a search on google that resulted on conflicting info. Any opinions or experiences?
    Is there anything else getting you down? Have you been having trouble sleeping and thats why you started using the melatonin?
    The Driven Blog
    Follow DS on Facebook and Twitter!

    Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!

  8. Get a damn blood test if you think you have low test, dont speculate...

    The symptoms you describe are relevant to a hundred other things...

  9. Quote Originally Posted by deadaim View Post
    Get a damn blood test if you think you have low test, dont speculate...

    The symptoms you describe are relevant to a hundred other things...
    Maybe 101 other things

    Repped
    **** Line @ NUTRAPLANET

    All posts are for entertainment purposes only.

    Need2slin... NOM NOM NOM :yup:

  10. I take melatonin all the time and have a raging morning wood every day. It is not giving you low T levels, so many other factors to consider besides an amino acid sleep aid.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by oufinny View Post
    I take melatonin all the time and have a raging morning wood every day. It is not giving you low T levels, so many other factors to consider besides an amino acid sleep aid.
    Ive been taking 3 mg every night, for about 3 months now. I sometimes get the morning wood, sometimes dont. I think my reason for not getting them is overall stress from the workday before. My 2 cents
    **** Line @ NUTRAPLANET

    All posts are for entertainment purposes only.

    Need2slin... NOM NOM NOM :yup:

  12. I wish someone who could afford blood tests would put this sup to the test.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by oufinny View Post
    I take melatonin all the time and have a raging morning wood every day. It is not giving you low T levels, so many other factors to consider besides an amino acid sleep aid.
    Lol, its actually a straight synthetic hormone... And it is known to raise test..

  14. People on melatonin often report steel hard wood, So not sure why its effecting you that way. You might wanna check your diet somewhere.

    Dont forget if you drink juice/fizzy drinks from plastic containers/cartons some companys oddly enough line them with Estrogen mimicking plastic which can lower your test. If im not wrong, they may be using these in Water bottle material also. Just double check your diet again like I said. Neither will drinking unfiltered tap water that was said a while back to have substances in their to make people "sterile". Sorry im not trying to be some kinda paranoid nut here, but just making some suggestions that some might not give here.

    Once you've got this side sorted out, look into other things like supplementation to get your test back. You might want to start looking into doing kegals + reverse kegels to help your units blood flow which people report give them rock hard wood after a few months.

  15. Well that's good , its being very important to maintain a healthy and fit life then you should have the normal level of testosterone. Because the the low testosterone causes many symptoms ...

  16. Quote Originally Posted by shane90 View Post
    Well that's good , its being very important to maintain a healthy and fit life then you should have the normal level of testosterone. Because the the low testosterone causes many symptoms ...
    Can you explain that first sentence. The wording confuses me.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. What's a good supplement that raises ACTH levels?
    By Matt Skiba in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-27-2012, 08:26 AM
  2. AAKG lowers testosterone?
    By Stahl7639 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-10-2011, 02:45 PM
  3. Melatonin lowers testosterone?
    By Delita420 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-09-2008, 12:02 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-26-2008, 08:43 PM
Log in
Log in