Anyone else sick of the supplement game?

Liftingstud

Awards
  • Established
Other than ur staples like protein, multi-v, fish oil and simple carbs post workout and maybe a preworkout/energy product to get u going after a long day at work. I am getting tired of all these "wonderful" products that keep coming up. I guess the new USPLabs product has finally set me over the edge. Not picking on them, quality company... And there are many other quality supplement companies out there. But where is the proof guys? All I see are logs by people who usually already love the companies to begin with. I mean I want to see controled studies that show significant inceaes in the areas u guys claim. Much like DAA has actually shown in a STUDY to have a sig raise in test levels. Showing it works! There is evidence!!! Sorry guys just venting a bit but wonder how much these products actually have done for me.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nope I love them!

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
don't even bother venting bro your on a supplement forum. I'm tired of it too some companies do show you the proof and explain how it works. Get diesel and primordial performance are the best out there for natural supps but i pretty much gave up on natty supps a long time ago. Get Seth Roberts book, read it, learn it, follow it, and you will get the results your looking for.

Hopefully you've been working out for a couple years before you take the advice given above.

The only natural supp that made me feel like i was on something was diesel test pro the old version. Primordial performance has the best PH/DS line up I've seen and personally used and also has products that work that boost your libido, and bring your natural test levels up. I even had blood work done to prove there HCG protocol using sustain alpha. I was not asked to do so and i bought the product with my own money i just figured if there giving us no bull**** products then i will give them proof that it works.

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
Problem is people exspect too much from supps, they think they should c a miracle from them. Alot of people wonder why they don't do what they claim bit fail to realize their diet and training suck. They have their place but their not the cure alot of people think they are! I also rather spend my money on supps then booze and smokes that millions spend each year and know before hand it damages ur body

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Not everyone will get the same results either. I realize when people report gaining 10lbs, I can expect 5lbs. But I agree some supps I still wonder if they are doing anything for me if I cannot see or feel the results. The studies do help convince me.

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
Look at the logs of people running supplements. Most of them are less than impressive lifters, which suggests training or diet deficits*

* - yes I am aware I'm not impressive either

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
Actually I don't agree with that. Alot of the lifters here chosen are experienced lifters and there diets keyd in

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I believe I am one of those less than impressive lifters, and I am logging FREE TEST. I asked to log this because 1) im honest and 2) kepping a log helps me with my goals. But I am with you. There are soo many products promising this and that. And I have spent a **** ton of money on these so called products. Its hard to try products out, because they may be a waste of money. But I do see where your are coming from. Alot of hype over products that dont give much. Just thought id put in my 2 cents

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Actually I don't agree with that. Alot of the lifters here chosen are experienced lifters and there diets keyd in
I agree with Freezito 100%. I don't think I am an amateur and have run honest logs. If a product sucks I am going to be the first to say it and there are many people on AM with integrity who give no BS reviews. My pink magic log was epic, I could not have asked for a better outcome. Armyguy ran the same dose I did (and I was cutting mind you!) and his results were lackluster. Nothing is perfect for everyone but there are more often than not some good choices you can bet will work well for you. The key is to pay attention what ingredients you respond well to and make those your focus. I got nothing from DTHC but others love it...

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
supp companies want people to log it that are dedicated and that have alot of supp experience or their wouldnt be alot of logs getting finished

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
supp companies want people to log it that are dedicated and that have alot of supp experience or their wouldnt be alot of logs getting finished
Very true BUT they also show what supps are capable of with proper training and nutrition. My cut log I did was not perfect but I lost 10+ pounds and gained strength; diet did not do that alone.

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
I'm not trying to say ALL the logging lifters are unimpressive; some of the most impressive people on this board are reps.

I'm saying that if supplements were that effective, there'd be less 170lb people running their third cycle. No substitute for hard work etc. That's why, despite the lack of research on anabolism, preworkout stims are still popular (and will be forever)

Dazer

Awards
i love supplements, the whole trying out new ones, seeing if they are any good or not but i do agree that there are many companies bringing out cr*p products that are apparently based on this and that, but part of the whole supplement thing is finding out which are straight up and which are not. fortunatly now there are places like this forum about now which makes finding out a whole lot easier.
i suppose we are all looking for that miracle supplement and this makes it easier for lesser companies to keep bringing out 'the next big thing'. truth is supplements will only ever be an aid to training and never replace good diet and solid training and after all if lifting was easy everyone would be at it and its the fact that its not easy that helps set bodybuilders apart from most other people.
sorry ive gone on a bit when all i was going to say was although it can p**s me of at times if i'm honest i love it.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
My basi rule is that most stuff that cost 40$ and only last a month, will still help less than creatine, so I stay far away from those products.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think supplements not just gives u watever it claims to do but in ur mind u have that it will do what it suppose to so ur mind pushes itself just by thinking it...also when u see people saying good things about a supplement it makes u want to see what it will do for u...especially if u give %100 in the gym and out the gym (diet) so for me supplements is what partially gives me motivation and mind control in the gym...SO! I love them!!! regardless if they work or not.....:)

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
But obviously if it dont work waste of money lol but that push mentally is worth it

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
just my two cents...

Chico222

Awards
Supplements are just the icing on the cake. Diet and routine must be in order for them to work, but even then there are some bs products that do nothing (muscletech) "cough cough"

broons

Awards
  • Established
That's why they are called supplements. A lot of times expectations are way too high. Controlled studies are expensive to do and if these smaller companies were to do them that cost would have to be passed on to the consumer. Bottom line is if you don't believe supps are effective at helping you achieve your goals, then don't buy them.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's why they are called supplements. A lot of times expectations are way too high. Controlled studies are expensive to do and if these smaller companies were to do them that cost would have to be passed on to the consumer. Bottom line is if you don't believe supps are effective at helping you achieve your goals, then don't buy them.
Great post! Reps!

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agree with broons.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
ive used many supplements and only 2 really made me feel like i was on something. formex and dthc/dtp. i dont use a lot of supps now as im on trt but still use diesel stuff, primordial and anabolic inn. other than those 3 i use nothing else and their use is limited. no more promised magic in a bottle for me, mine comes from a pharmacy i know whats in it and what it does

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
Supplements. People spend way too much money on crap that might give you an extra 2%....if that! If something works then there would be study after study showing hard evidence there would be results.............all we see is flimsy crap studies or claims. Creatine works....Protein works.........everything else either makes you feel good or doesn't do crap! Why spend a couple of thousand dollars a year on junk that you can't even tell works?