Protein Powders Harmful??

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Senior Member
    double s's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,617
    Rep Power
    909627
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    68.92%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Protein Powders Harmful??


    (CBS) For many people trying to get in shape or bulk up quickly, protein shakes are part of a daily workout regime.

    Protein drinks are being advertised as a way to boost fitness, and that marketing targets everyone from body builders to teenagers.

    But, according to a new study, over-consuming some of those products could be dangerous.

    “Early Show” Consumer Correspondent Susan Koeppen takes a look at an investigation being released Monday by Consumer Reports.

    Though manufacturers and salesmen say that these products are safe, the new study says some protein drinks may cause health problems over time. The investigation found some contain things like arsenic, cadmium, and lead.

    CBS News took a hidden camera to nutrition stores in New York City asking about these supplemental drinks, but not one sales person warned about possible health risks.

    Some said taking more than recommended doses wouldn't hurt.

    But trainer/dietician Erin Palinski says, not so. "They're actually going to harm their health if they do excessive amounts," said Palinski.

    Experts say too much protein can lead to dehydration and digestive problems, increase your risk for osteoporosis, and for some people, cause kidney problems.

    And now, an investigation appearing in the July issue of Consumer Reports finds that some protein drinks could be toxic, if you take too much.

    Says CR's Urvashi Rangan, "We tested about 15 different types of protein drinks. ... And we actually looked for four different heavy metals. We looked for arsenic, cadmium, mercury, and lead."

    Test results found heavy metals present in all 15 drinks -- some more than others.

    Consumer Reports says three products were of particular concern -- because consuming three servings a day could result in exposure to arsenic, cadmium or lead that exceed proposed limits for contaminants:

    • Eas Myoplex (Arsenic, Cadmium)
    • Muscle Milk-Chocolate (Cadmium, Lead)
    • Muscle Milk-Vanilla Crème (Lead)

    Urvashi Rangan, Consumer Reports, said, "What we're concerned about here is the chronic low level exposure of a heavy metal. And what people should know, is that heavy metals, once they come into our bodies, once they're metabolized, they tend to stay there for a long period of time."

    The supplement industry disputes claims that protein shakes could be harmful.

    Andrew Shao, of the Council for Responsible Nutrition, says, "The results of this analysis aren't alarming. The heavy metals that were found are well below the limits FDA (Food and Drug Administration) would be concerned about, so they don't pose a health risk to consumers at all."

    But Consumer Reports says there is little regulation requiring manufacturers to prove their protein drinks are safe.

    "We think the FDA should be tracking these products better," says Rangan, "and that is not happening at this time."

    The manufacturers of those three products say independent testing shows their products are within government safety standards even if taken three times a day.

    Still, CR notes there other ways to get protein at a cheapter price, such as:

    • Half a chicken breast (27 grams of protein, 62 cents per serving)
    • Three glasses of milk (23 grams of protein, 60 cents per serving)
    • Three scrambled eggs (20 grams of protein, 46 cents per serving)

    © MMX, CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.

  2. Primordial Performance Rep
    HereToStudy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,362
    Rep Power
    235093
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    71.4%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    GOD ****ING DAMNIT

    Alright I don't want to sound like the tinfoil hat type, but this is a clear example of the media buying into political influence. That article clearly calls for FDA regulation of supplements, which is what they are trying to pass now. This bull**** will be read by susy soccermom who will find out little jimmy drinks muscle milk and flip a **** about how her son was contaminated.

    Everything will have its contaminants. Should better quality control be present? Sure, but as said, this is nothing above the FDA's level of exposure to raise any flags. And since when would a supplement company have to tell you that over consumption of a product is harmfull?

    Does the grocery store tell you that sugar will give you diabetes?
    Does the butcher tell you that bacon will clog your arteries?
    Does a car salesman tell you that many people die each year in cars?
    /rant
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  3. Elite Member
    GeekPoop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,263
    Rep Power
    234820
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    92.3%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    brb getting jacked on real food...
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
    •   
       

  4. purebred
    Guest
    purebred's Avatar

    For those of you who want to take a look @ the chart.




    Protein Drinks: What's in them? Consumer Reports
  5. New Member
    cgoode's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    394
    Rep Power
    270
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    30.51%

    THIS IS BULL**** ....strait from McCains campaign to get rid off supplements..... The study actually used 3 times the quantity u would consume...and almost all the the metals were within limits , u can never get rid of heavy metals...go get your water tested......U get a blast of lead everytime u start ur car.... this is retarded............

    The bright side....after I get out of PA school if all this **** keeps up ull have to come to me just to get a perscription for a multivitamin...... dont believe me....look at lovaza....its fishoil....any coincidence that there were heavy metal scares in fishoil products a few months back.... hmmmmmm........

    Cash in my pocket unless ppl stop buying into the media..............Just like ephedra was so bad.....and all the prohormones.....yep there the reason wrestlers kill there wives........

    Im gonna be filthy rich
    PA-S, - TROPINOL REVIEW (SPONSORED)
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/165581-iforce-tropinol-xmas.html#post2679944
  6. Elite Member
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,480
    Rep Power
    1010091
    Level
    63
    Lv. Percent
    55.76%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    wait...what about gatorade's new wonder drink?? :/
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  7. Senior Member
    votum's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,253
    Rep Power
    21288
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    10.06%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    All I got from this article is that in a few short years, once the metal buildup from all the shakes I drink gets large enough, I will be a human Iron Man.

    WIN
  8. New Member
    Fr0st's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    129
    Rep Power
    467
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    5.78%

    Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    GOD ****ING DAMNIT

    Alright I don't want to sound like the tinfoil hat type, but this is a clear example of the media buying into political influence. That article clearly calls for FDA regulation of supplements, which is what they are trying to pass now. This bull**** will be read by susy soccermom who will find out little jimmy drinks muscle milk and flip a **** about how her son was contaminated.

    Everything will have its contaminants. Should better quality control be present? Sure, but as said, this is nothing above the FDA's level of exposure to raise any flags. And since when would a supplement company have to tell you that over consumption of a product is harmfull?

    Does the grocery store tell you that sugar will give you diabetes?
    Does the butcher tell you that bacon will clog your arteries?
    Does a car salesman tell you that many people die each year in cars?
    /rant
    my friend's mom already called and asked him if "he was still taking this stuff" ... so what you are saying has already begun.
  9. Primordial Performance Rep
    HereToStudy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,362
    Rep Power
    235093
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    71.4%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Fr0st View Post
    my friend's mom already called and asked him if "he was still taking this stuff" ... so what you are saying has already begun.
    I need to buy a gun, i hate people.
  10. Senior Member
    votum's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,253
    Rep Power
    21288
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    10.06%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    ^ LOL

    I always thought that people would go out and buy guns and hole up when they take the 2nd ammendment away, but I guess it's happening because they are gunna take away our protein o.O

    on the plus side, those shakes don't even taste good, and if you go by the "if it tastes good its not good for you" rule, then we will all be Iron Mans in less than a few years $$
  11. New Member
    narraboth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    263
    Rep Power
    189
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    74.32%

    but I still think 12-13 of lead is too high. I will avoid muscle milk.

    Companies also need to be more responsible. Those products are all said to use high quality whey protein and cost much more then bulk whey protein aren't they? They should really test their ingredients and make sure they are not using some cheap but bad protein powder.
  12. Senior Member
    votum's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,253
    Rep Power
    21288
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    10.06%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by narraboth View Post
    but I still think 12-13 of lead is too high. I will avoid muscle milk.

    Companies also need to be more responsible. Those products are all said to use high quality whey protein and cost much more then bulk whey protein aren't they? They should really test their ingredients and make sure they are not using some cheap but bad protein powder.
    Unfortunately big business like the ones in the "study" have the luxury of not giving a ****. They make money and that's all that matters, which is why muscletech and bsn still exist...musclemilk is delish however, the banana is my favorite
  13. Senior Member
    double s's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,617
    Rep Power
    909627
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    68.92%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Guys do you realize that the FDA is backlogged 2-3 yrs in actually testing supplements? Stay Away from the listed brands and move forward or do what I did 5 dozen eggs at Costco $4.50..........can't beat it.


    Just don't eat the shells as they may have cadmium in them as well (LOL)
  14. Board Supporter
    wastedwhiteboy2's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,990
    Rep Power
    3015
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    59.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Whey comes from milk. So where is the metals coming from? The milk? The factory that makes the powders? How much heavy metals are in the recommended chicken breasts, milk or eggs? I noticed they did not recommend fish.

    I did see one article listing 7.0 lead in milk. I get the feeling everything has heavy metals in it and this is just the norm.

    Yep found metals in eggs too. I'm done investigating.
  15. Primordial Performance Rep
    HereToStudy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,362
    Rep Power
    235093
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    71.4%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by wastedwhiteboy2 View Post
    Whey comes from milk. So where is the metals coming from? The milk? The factory that makes the powders? How much heavy metals are in the recommended chicken breasts, milk or eggs? I noticed they did not recommend fish.

    I did see one article listing 7.0 lead in milk. I get the feeling everything has heavy metals in it and this is just the norm.

    Yep found metals in eggs too. I'm done investigating.
    Couldn't agree more.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  16. Senior Member
    double s's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,617
    Rep Power
    909627
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    68.92%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    For your information.... ON’s Response to July 2010 Consumer Reports® Article, “Alert: Protein Drinks”


    A recently released Consumer Reports® article in their July 2010 issue titled, “Health Alert: Protein Drinks” included tests conducted on 15 different protein powders for heavy metals (arsenic, cadmium, lead and mercury) in comparison to the U.S. Pharmacopeia’s proposed limits for heavy metals in dietary supplement products. In these tests, 3 of the 15 products tested above the U.S. Pharmacopeia’s proposed limits for dietary supplements when measured at the 3 serving size, with the assumptions consumers are taking multiple servings/day.

    Two Optimum Nutrition products were evaluated in the article, both of which tested well below the proposed U.S. Pharmacopeia limits for heavy metals in dietary supplements, even at the 3 serving level. These 2 ON supplements were Platinum Hydro Whey® (Velocity Vanilla flavor) and Gold Standard 100% Whey™ (Extreme Milk Chocolate flavor). Since Optimum Nutrition’s products tested well below the proposed limits, no specific safety issues were raised about either product in the article. Consumers can be assured our products are safe and manufactured to the highest standards, which the results reflect.

    Even in light of this information, ON and its customers will likely be contacted by consumers with questions or concerns they may have following their review of the Consumer Reports® article. Included below are several factual statements that ON encourage its customers and representatives to reference as a means of clarifying questions that may be raised.

    • Optimum Nutrition products are always made to the highest standards of quality and safety, and have been for over 20 years.

    • Optimum Nutrition’s protein powders are produced in our state of the art production facility, which is inspected by the FDA.

    • Before a single machine is turned on we carefully select vendors via an approval program who supply ON with premium raw materials. All vendors must provide a Certificate of Analysis for each raw material as a continued measure of quality. These certificates are then verified through random in-house and independent laboratory testing.

    • ON’s finished products are tested by third-party laboratories to ensure their safety and stability as well as their compliance with label claims.

    • Quality Assurance professionals make routine checks on all storage, blending, and production areas and conduct final inspections on all lot codes.

    • ON has been awarded with certification by the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF International), a world leader in standards development, product certification, and risk management for public health and safety.

    • ON has consistently received a ‘Superior’ rating from the esteemed American Institute of Baking (AIB) upon the inspection agency’s annual cGMP (current good manufacturing practices) compliance audits of the company’s manufacturing facilities. This top rating denotes ON’s unsurpassed commitment to food safety.

    • By comparison, the following average amounts of the metal lead may be found naturally in food, all of which are considered safe, but significantly above the measures of 3 servings of Optimum Nutrition products in the Consumer Reports tests. The U.S. Pharmacopeia proposed limit for lead in dietary supplements was 10mcg (10mcg= 10millionths of a gram):

    Food Lead Content (mcg= 1 millionth of a gram)

    o 1 sweet potato: 7.2 mcg
    o 1 typical glass of red wine: 6.8 mcg
    o 1 peach: 3.4 mcg
    o 1 apple: 2.6 mcg
    o 3 servings of Platinum Hydrowhey: 0 mcg
    o 3 servings of 100% Whey: 1 mcg

    As the industry leader in quality nutritional products for nearly 25 years, Optimum Nutrition maintains the highest commitment to compliance with all Food & Drug Administration requirements and current Good Manufacturing Practices (“cGMPs”) for food supplements. Optimum’s customers can be confident that our products contain only the best quality ingredients and are made in the safest manner possible.
  17. purebred
    Guest
    purebred's Avatar

    We're a poisoned society. There's no way out or around it.
  18. Elite Member
    rochabp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,193
    Rep Power
    216447
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    2.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    you and you can get cancer from eating top romen, you can die of skin cancer from going outside, meat can cause cancer, meat is horrible for your health...
    well all these bull sh1t claims are stupid i would be dead by now no joke i was taking protein when i was like 11, so i have like more than have my life taking protein shakes and as far as im concerned doc says im one healthy SOB...
    [sigh]
    man...i just did plyometrics so im too tired to get mad and actually give a **** but im gonna say they are full of sh1t.
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  19. New Member
    greaser's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Age
    41
    Posts
    174
    Rep Power
    183
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    55.01%

    Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    GOD ****ING DAMNIT

    Alright I don't want to sound like the tinfoil hat type, but this is a clear example of the media buying into political influence. That article clearly calls for FDA regulation of supplements, which is what they are trying to pass now. This bull**** will be read by susy soccermom who will find out little jimmy drinks muscle milk and flip a **** about how her son was contaminated.

    Everything will have its contaminants. Should better quality control be present? Sure, but as said, this is nothing above the FDA's level of exposure to raise any flags. And since when would a supplement company have to tell you that over consumption of a product is harmfull?

    Does the grocery store tell you that sugar will give you diabetes?
    Does the butcher tell you that bacon will clog your arteries?
    Does a car salesman tell you that many people die each year in cars?
    /rant
    I think this is a little different from the way you are perceiving it. This to me is less about "regulation," in the sense that McCain's bill would ban lots of supplements as it is about food safety and contamination. I for one REALLY don't like the idea of lead or cadmium in my damned protein powder, and I'm all for heavy regulation of food and agriculture production from a SAFETY and purity standpoint. I suspect that a lot of this stuff gets made in China or has ingredients that are made there and then imported. Maybe that's where the heavy metal contamination is coming from?

    I'm all for the government testing our food to make sure it's not contaminated. As for them telling me what I can and can't put in my body -- that's my decision as far as I'm concerned. But I do want them to make sure that the food or supplements I buy really do contain what the labels say, and nothing else!
  20. Primordial Performance Rep
    HereToStudy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,362
    Rep Power
    235093
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    71.4%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by greaser View Post
    I think this is a little different from the way you are perceiving it. This to me is less about "regulation," in the sense that McCain's bill would ban lots of supplements as it is about food safety and contamination. I for one REALLY don't like the idea of lead or cadmium in my damned protein powder, and I'm all for heavy regulation of food and agriculture production from a SAFETY and purity standpoint. I suspect that a lot of this stuff gets made in China or has ingredients that are made there and then imported. Maybe that's where the heavy metal contamination is coming from?

    I'm all for the government testing our food to make sure it's not contaminated. As for them telling me what I can and can't put in my body -- that's my decision as far as I'm concerned. But I do want them to make sure that the food or supplements I buy really do contain what the labels say, and nothing else!
    But the problem is that they tested a triple dose. It is the equivalent to testing the toxicity of Vicodin when taking 3 times the recommended dose. Bit of an extreme but it plays true. As ON stated in reply, they are still below FDA guidelines.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  21. Banned
    gamer2be08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,988
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    17.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Might just move to the UK where its legal to use steroids..
  22. New Member
    greaser's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Age
    41
    Posts
    174
    Rep Power
    183
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    55.01%

    Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    But the problem is that they tested a triple dose. It is the equivalent to testing the toxicity of Vicodin when taking 3 times the recommended dose. Bit of an extreme but it plays true. As ON stated in reply, they are still below FDA guidelines.
    ON is the protein powder I use too, so I'm glad for that!

    Heavy metals tend to accumulate in your body, so I'm guessing that it's more of how much you consume per day. I would guess that most of us do have 3 shakes a day on our work out days -- I know I do. So if that's the most common dose, then that's why they tested it. That's my guess anyway. If they tested 3x the dose and didn't say so, then that would be problematic, but the chart did indicate that they tested 3 doses.
  23. Primordial Performance Rep
    HereToStudy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,362
    Rep Power
    235093
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    71.4%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by greaser View Post
    ON is the protein powder I use too, so I'm glad for that!

    Heavy metals tend to accumulate in your body, so I'm guessing that it's more of how much you consume per day. I would guess that most of us do have 3 shakes a day on our work out days -- I know I do. So if that's the most common dose, then that's why they tested it. That's my guess anyway. If they tested 3x the dose and didn't say so, then that would be problematic, but the chart did indicate that they tested 3 doses.
    Don't take this as arguing, rather just discussion:

    I do 3 shakes on some days, although I really try to make my focus on whole food. But do believe people on these boards are the minority of protein users, companies, especially as large as ON, are often bought by the joe schmoe who wants to get swole for 3 months and quits. I doubt he is consuming 3 a day, and neither is the average user. Even so, at 3 doses a day, we are still under FDA limits on a per-serving basis. Regulation won't usually get stricter then the FDA.

    We also make calls in a lot of different ways. I tend to eat alot more fish then I should, particularly Tuna. I risk Mercury issues arrising, but we can't blame the Tuna manufacturer for that. No matter how clean they are/wild caught, mercury will be present. There are reasons against overconsuming everything.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  24. Elite Member
    rochabp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,193
    Rep Power
    216447
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    2.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by gamer2be08 View Post
    Might just move to the UK where its legal to use steroids..
    im gonna get deported ON PURPOSE. then i can use all the roids i want
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  25. New Member
    Moeller's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  209 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    153
    Rep Power
    139
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    91.02%

    Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    I need to buy a gun, i hate people.
    haha, I've had those days too

    I wish people would stop pretending to give a **** about my/supplement users' health
  26. New Member
    greaser's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Age
    41
    Posts
    174
    Rep Power
    183
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    55.01%

    Smile


    Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    Don't take this as arguing, rather just discussion:

    I do 3 shakes on some days, although I really try to make my focus on whole food. But do believe people on these boards are the minority of protein users, companies, especially as large as ON, are often bought by the joe schmoe who wants to get swole for 3 months and quits. I doubt he is consuming 3 a day, and neither is the average user. Even so, at 3 doses a day, we are still under FDA limits on a per-serving basis. Regulation won't usually get stricter then the FDA.

    We also make calls in a lot of different ways. I tend to eat alot more fish then I should, particularly Tuna. I risk Mercury issues arrising, but we can't blame the Tuna manufacturer for that. No matter how clean they are/wild caught, mercury will be present. There are reasons against overconsuming everything.
    I don't take it as arguing at all.

    I don't really know how many servings the average consumer of protein powders uses, but ON is still under the limit, and I feel reassured knowing that. I never use Muscle Milk anyway, but I'm sure the people who do use it would like to know that 3 scoops a day will put them over the FDA limit for several toxic metals. Knowing this information will enable them to decide what to do -- maybe they'll switch to ON!

    I guess my overall point is that we can't make informed decisions without the requisite information. We can't really trust most corporations to disclose things unless they are required by law to do so. I like knowing what's in my food and supplements. Some people don't care and will eat McDonalds every day, but most of us on this board try to consume healthy things and would probably try to avoid toxic contaminants if possible.

    As to tuna, that's a little different because that mercury comes from industrial pollution in the oceans, not from the processing of the food. As long as you know the risk, then you can make an informed choice on how much to consume. A pregnant woman however, might make a different choice. But the point is that if the gov't didn't force them to put that warning label on the tuna, we probably wouldn't know about the mercury in the 1st place.
  27. Primordial Performance Rep
    HereToStudy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,362
    Rep Power
    235093
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    71.4%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  28. Elite Member
    TimberLakers's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,388
    Rep Power
    17051
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    70.09%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by rochabp View Post
    im gonna get deported ON PURPOSE. then i can use all the roids i want
    Only non-US citizens can be deported... So unless you're a naturalized UK citizen, you'll just be jailed or shot.
  29. Elite Member
    rochabp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,193
    Rep Power
    216447
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    2.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    Only non-US citizens can be deported... So unless you're a naturalized UK citizen, you'll just be jailed or shot.
    oh thank god i was afraid i would be deported, been shot is much better

    UK homie im from New England aint no weeks UK sh1t, im from New England.

    jk
    lol
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  30. New Member
    Dcell22's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  173 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    194
    Rep Power
    156
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    38.54%

    Quote Originally Posted by votum View Post
    All I got from this article is that in a few short years, once the metal buildup from all the shakes I drink gets large enough, I will be a human Iron Man.

    WIN
    Tried to rep for u for this Votum but it wouldn't let me.
  31. New Member
    narraboth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    263
    Rep Power
    189
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    74.32%

    Quote Originally Posted by gamer2be08 View Post
    Might just move to the UK where its legal to use steroids..
    eh, I don't really think it's legal here...
    although people do use it, like people do use it in US lol
  32. New Member
    WilteredFire's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  164 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    488
    Rep Power
    330
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    7.21%

    Vaccinations have much much MUCH more higher levels of Toxic metals like Mercury, yet the media dont ever seem to warn people about its dangers? Or say why Denmark doesn't use mercury in its dental fillings/vaccines anymore because of its links with Autism...Why do they never show real crap like this?!

    This is a CROCK OF CRAP folks! ... Guns, Gold and Land are what people need. Just another secret government agenda to shift more things into the pharmaceutical business so that jerks like Donald rumsfeld can profiteer from this junk just like they did from the Bird flu vaccines. The amount of garbage agendas these people including the FDA have for their own american people makes me think these idiots wont even have a place in hell thats bad enough for them.

    Truely hope these people get whats coming to them, they dont deserve to be in places of power and ruin peoples lives. Arghhh makes me mad!
  33. New Member
    rambo679's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Age
    31
    Posts
    407
    Rep Power
    1779
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    58.38%
  34. purebred
    Guest
    purebred's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by WilteredFire View Post
    Truely hope these people get whats coming to them, they dont deserve to be in places of power and ruin peoples lives. Arghhh makes me mad!
    the greatest part about it all is that they won't. this is

    where lying, deceitful men prosper.
  35. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,328
    Rep Power
    13070
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    28.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    They're laying the foundation for the banning of many supps and more regulation
  36. Elite Member
    rochabp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,193
    Rep Power
    216447
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    2.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior View Post
    They're laying the foundation for the banning of many supps and more regulation
    i dont get it why do they want to bann supps
    isnt this the economy where we have to spend money to get it going?
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  37. Board Supporter
    wastedwhiteboy2's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,990
    Rep Power
    3015
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    59.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Alpha males are bad. They are pushing the pussification of America.
  38. Advanced Member
    The_Reverend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    37
    Posts
    892
    Rep Power
    552
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    12.11%

    Quote Originally Posted by wastedwhiteboy2 View Post
    Alpha males are bad. They are pushing the pussification of America.
    Outstanding post!
  39. New Member
    cgoode's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    394
    Rep Power
    270
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    30.51%

    b/c anyone who doesnt use supplements looks at them all as roids.... I had to hide my protein from my parents in high school, and when i started MONO in college, omg i just left that in my trunk she would have sent me to a boot camp or something, people think anyone who uses supplements roid rage and kill people
    PA-S, - TROPINOL REVIEW (SPONSORED)
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/165581-iforce-tropinol-xmas.html#post2679944
  40. Elite Member
    rochabp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,193
    Rep Power
    216447
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    2.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by cgoode View Post
    b/c anyone who doesnt use supplements looks at them all as roids.... I had to hide my protein from my parents in high school, and when i started MONO in college, omg i just left that in my trunk she would have sent me to a boot camp or something, people think anyone who uses supplements roid rage and kill people
    lol yup
    my mom wouldnt let me buy pills of any kind even if they were protein pills, she though pills=steroids. i could have bought steroid powder and she would have been okay with it. lol. even now people ask me what im on and i say creatine and they are like "omg thats gonna kill you, its gonna destroy your kidneys" or "omg thats why your so buff", and im just like shut the fcuk up you dumass bicht
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. protein powders
    By repmks in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-06-2009, 01:59 PM
  2. Protein Powders
    By 50Magnum in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 07:37 PM
  3. SOY Protein... Helpful or Harmful???
    By TheDrive in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 08-17-2007, 10:01 AM
  4. Anabolic steroids raise levels of harmful protein
    By yeahright in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-11-2007, 03:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in