DTP and Suppress C....Too much cortisol suppression?

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
just wondering if the DHEA present in DTP combined with suppress C would lower your cortisol too much. Thoughts?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
just wondering if the DHEA present in DTP combined with suppress C would lower your cortisol too much. Thoughts?
i don't think it would be a problem, actually i think it might be a real nice stack.

seunim

seunim

Awards
  • Established
Something I found:

Effects of Low Cortisol Levels

An insufficient amount of cortisol disrupts metabolism, resulting in low blood sugar and a lack of glycogen, which is stored in the liver and can be rapidly converted into the glucose required for energy. Lack of cortisol also causes a drop in blood pressure, which decreases cardiac output.

A discoloration of the skin called hyperpigmentation can occur as a decrease in cortisol stimulates an increase in other hormones that activate the melanocyte cells responsible for skin pigmentation. The overall effect of low cortisol is weakness, dehydration and diminished ability to fight infection, trauma and stress. These issues are often first noticed during periods of extreme stress or trauma.

Additionally, infection, surgery or loss of sodium due to excessive sweating can elevate the imbalances to the level of an adrenal crisis.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
i don't think it would be a problem, actually i think it might be a real nice stack.
Thanks for your two cents bigT. I'm going to be running these together post cycle and just wanted to make sure that it wasn't overkill.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I believe that there are different derivatives of DHEA that convert different in the body. I believe that 7-oxo DHEA supresses cortisol but has no effect on test or estrogen for example.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I believe that there are different derivatives of DHEA that convert different in the body. I believe that 7-oxo DHEA supresses cortisol but has no effect on test or estrogen for example.
at the same time, i couldn't find much on dhea lowering cortisol. that's why i thought it was a good stack.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Nice. should be interesting to see how this combo will affect my fat loss :)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Nice. should be interesting to see how this combo will affect my fat loss :)
i really liked dtp when i ran it, the only time i have used suppress-c was in pct and it definitely helped firm me up. i really think you will like this stack-be prepared for some possible slight stim effect from the dtp-i loved that part of it.

good luck.:fing02:

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
i really liked dtp when i ran it, the only time i have used suppress-c was in pct and it definitely helped firm me up. i really think you will like this stack-be prepared for some possible slight stim effect from the dtp-i loved that part of it.

good luck.:fing02:
Thanks brother. I've ran DTP before as well....that $hit kicked me in the nuts. One of the few test boosters that i felt had an immediate benefit. It actually made it hard for me to sleep the first few days i was on it so I def know what you mean by the stim effect. I'll have some other goodies lined up along side these as well....i always seem to go overboard with my PCT but you know what IMO there is no such thing when getting natural test going again.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks brother. I've ran DTP before as well....that $hit kicked me in the nuts. One of the few test boosters that i felt had an immediate benefit. It actually made it hard for me to sleep the first few days i was on it so I def know what you mean by the stim effect. I'll have some other goodies lined up along side these as well....i always seem to go overboard with my PCT but you know what IMO there is no such thing when getting natural test going again.
diesel and cel are both top notch company's-you are in good hands.:cheers:

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
at the same time, i couldn't find much on dhea lowering cortisol. that's why i thought it was a good stack.
Remember dermabolics? They had 7cort for TD cort control. The "7" in 7cort stood for 7oxo (aka 7oxo dhea). Again, just one example of how dhea has derivatives.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Remember dermabolics? They had 7cort for TD cort control. The "7" in 7cort stood for 7oxo (aka 7oxo dhea). Again, just one example of how dhea has derivatives.
that's exactly my point-just plain old dhea isn't going to do much if anything for lowering cortisol-that is the point i have been trying to make, lol. i looked at a bunch of articles on dhea and didn't see anything about lowering cortisol. the interesting thing i did find on dhea was increased sugar metabolism.

Screwtape

Screwtape

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think you'll know if your cortisol is too low; sufferers of Addison's Disease (Chronic Adrenal Insufficiency) have a whole bunch of unpleasant symptoms to contend with, including weight loss, muscle weakness, and lethargy.
But I would be very surprised if any supplement or combination of supplements could cause your cortisol to dip this low.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addison's_disease

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think you'll know if your cortisol is too low; sufferers of Addison's Disease (Chronic Adrenal Insufficiency) have a whole bunch of unpleasant symptoms to contend with, including weight loss, muscle weakness, and lethargy.
But I would be very surprised if any supplement or combination of supplements could cause your cortisol to dip this low.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addison's_disease
I've had experience with some people who have Addison's disease (although limited experience) and their lives are like roller coasters. They feel great 1 day and they are non functional the next. I do see a pattern though where they have a ton of other diseases, such as diabetes and fibromyalgia from what I've seen (but I bet there's more).

I agree with you that cort supps aren't going to approach a problematic state though. It will be as simple as just slightly cutting back the dosage if joints get sore (which might be the symptom from the supps, if any at all).