no carbs help?

onlyone

Awards
I´m in a cutting phase with my only carbs coming from fruits (mostly frozen). I sip Xtend between meals to not loose to much muscles. Is something else I should think of to keep my metabolism high and not losse to much muscles?

Thanks!

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
sipping on BCAA's and getting enough protein will ensure muscle preservation as best as you can. I did that when I cut and lost no muscle or strength

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
should be good witht eh bcaa and keeping cardio intensity to low longer durations,

keep training short and intense
and if ur bcaa are instantized ur missing out, most bcaa mix liek **** broski, and xtend is pretty spendy, ibcaa from primordial is much more bang for ur buck,

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
I´m in a cutting phase with my only carbs coming from fruits (mostly frozen). I sip Xtend between meals to not loose to much muscles. Is something else I should think of to keep my metabolism high and not losse to much muscles?

Thanks!
fruits are fructose

quote "Fructose is an intermediary in the metabolism of glucose, but there is no biological need for dietary fructose. When ingested by itself, fructose is poorly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract, and it is almost entirely cleared by the liver—the circulating concentration is 0.01 mmol/L in peripheral blood, compared with 5.5 mmol/L for glucose. "

full text can be found at http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/full/86/4/895

Eric160

Awards
  • Established
i moght be wrong but if any carbs they should be complex. ones like glucose and frustose are sugars that are digested fast and if not used they easily store as fat

BlondBombshel

BlondBombshel

Awards
i moght be wrong but if any carbs they should be complex. ones like glucose and frustose are sugars that are digested fast and if not used they easily store as fat
I agree, the only time I use fast digesting carbs is post workout.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree, the only time I use fast digesting carbs is post workout.
breakfast is about the only time when you wanna take fruit in while doing this diet. Because your glycogen levels are pretty much depleted from sleeping...you could almost eat anything for breakfast and be fine. But yes, complex carbs if you are going to eat them after breakfast...and if you have carbs other than fruit try to make the complex.

onlyone

Awards
Thanks guys, that´s something to think about. I have been using frozen blue berries and frozen mangos for afternoon snack (frozen to keep the GI low), you guys think it´s still not good?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks guys, that´s something to think about. I have been using frozen blue berries and frozen mangos for afternoon snack (frozen to keep the GI low), you guys think it´s still not good?
if ur concerned about your fruit intake or nutrition make sure you are getting a multi vitamin and you could check out vitaberry. However an intake of sugary fast carbs like fruit and white bread will cause a unstable spike in insulin promoting easier fat storage.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hey guys sorry to jack this thread but can i still take in carbs after workouts if im on a KETO or low carb diet?

onlyone

Awards
if ur concerned about your fruit intake or nutrition make sure you are getting a multi vitamin and you could check out vitaberry. However an intake of sugary fast carbs like fruit and white bread will cause a unstable spike in insulin promoting easier fat storage.
I thought that you didn´t get a insulin spike from frozen fruits?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I thought that you didn´t get a insulin spike from frozen fruits?
to my knowledge you do...frozen or unfrozen its still high in carbs and sugar.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hey guys sorry to jack this thread but can i still take in carbs after workouts if im on a KETO or low carb diet?
When I cut I didnt take carbs PWO but you can....

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The Scivation Books are an excellent source to consult

onlyone

Awards
to my knowledge you do...frozen or unfrozen its still high in carbs and sugar.
I was told that with frozen fruits and berries you actually got lower GI and you might burn some calories from eating it. It takes some calories for the body to "heat" up the frozen to body temp. Am a totally wrong here?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was told that with frozen fruits and berries you actually got lower GI and you might burn some calories from eating it. It takes some calories for the body to "heat" up the frozen to body temp. Am a totally wrong here?
could be valid, but you are still getting the sugar brotha...im not an expert haha

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol not me either! Thanks for your help though, I think I need some frozen mangos to keep me sane...
I would still put them up toward the front of your day.