Supplements to stop muscle pumps?

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
okay, i am currently cutting. i eat at 7:00am and go run at about 11:00am but i cant finish a mile with out limping the last 1/4 of the mile. i get huge pumps on my calf and my shin. i cant even move my toes and it hurts so bad that i have to sit down for like 30 mins to make them go away and when i start to run again they just come right back. i am taking caffeine, albuterol, aspirin, vit C before i go run. could it be that i was on kre alkalyn for a good 2 months? is it the vit C for its ability to inhibit the degradation of NOS (something like that)?
BTW the albuterol is the one you inhale with a machine. i do NOT take any jack3d or white flood before i go run so it cant be that. any body have any ideas or supps to help prevent pumps? i phucking tired of being held back by my pumps.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It could be some weird pump thing, but more likely, you're just horribly out of shape. Your stride probably is really inefficient. Google vibram five fingers, born to run, barefoot running, and you might find some pertinent info.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just reread you post: i'd bet it's not a pump, but an electrolyte imbalance, as you're cutting. Millennium Sport makes Athlytes, which might help, or eat a pretzel and a banana. :lol:

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
could be the tendons on the outside of your shin/ankle that connect to your foot. mine tighten up and hurt like holy hell, and the doc had me stretch them regularly because they were "tight as guitar strings"

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nah, this guy says calf and shin mucles, pretty clear. He's fatiguing or cramping, but i'd bet not getting a pump, unless he's sprinting at 10 10ths for a mile (5'8" and 230lbs? Not a chance. ;) ).

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just reread you post: i'd bet it's not a pump, but an electrolyte imbalance, as you're cutting. Millennium Sport makes Athlytes, which might help, or eat a pretzel and a banana. :lol:
i think we might be on to something, i did take clen like a month ago you think that might have phucked me up? cant i just use gatorade?

why pretzel?

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nah, this guy says calf and shin mucles, pretty clear. He's fatiguing or cramping, but i'd bet not getting a pump, unless he's sprinting at 10 10ths for a mile (5'8" and 230lbs? Not a chance. ;) ).
you act like im obese man. im big not fat.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i think we might be on to something, i did take clen like a month ago you think that might have phucked me up? cant i just use gatorade?

why pretzel?
No idea about the clen, I have zero experience with that. Why would you use gatorade if you're cutting? Pretzels have lots of sodium.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
you act like im obese man. im big not fat.
Either way, I guarantee you're not sprinting a mile. :) jogging or running is the anti-pump. I would say you're obviously a heavy guy, very much out of running shape, and your form sucks, causing calf and shin fatigue; or some electrolyte nonsense causing cramping. If you were sprinting 4 x 100 yds, or doing some crossfit wot, I might believe it's a pump issue.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Either way, I guarantee you're not sprinting a mile. :) jogging or running is the anti-pump. I would say you're obviously a heavy guy, very much out of running shape, and your form sucks, causing calf and shin fatigue; or some electrolyte nonsense causing cramping. If you were sprinting 4 x 100 yds, or doing some crossfit wot, I might believe it's a pump issue.
thank you, yeah im heavy but not fat.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Sound kind of sensitive about your weight :(

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Kidding with ya though bud, i'm senstive about how little i weigh... I could be mistaken for a girl with my stats! lol

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Kidding with ya though bud, i'm senstive about how little i weigh... I could be mistaken for a girl with my stats! lol
lol. man. did you do all your homework

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
lol. man. did you do all your homework
I'm confused?

Anyways, my girlfriend used to call me a shrimp when she wanted to piss me off because i always tell her how i want to get bigger.

haha...

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
I'm confused?

Anyways, my girlfriend used to call me a shrimp when she wanted to piss me off because i always tell her how i want to get bigger.

haha...
she wasn't talkin about your jimmy was she? :lol:

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm confused?

haha...
cuz your a little girl that goes to school and even though she attends church sometimes she cant help being bad and naughty. and even though her parents are very strict she has many guys she flirts with and gets busy with but her dad thinks she is still a virgin even though many guys already broke her virginity... oh man i got carried away... lol. shrimp. that is phuked up. just eat more man. i got many friends that are ectomorphs and somehow have managed to get to 200+lbs without juice. i think thats pretty amazing

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
cuz your a little girl that goes to school and even though she attends church sometimes she cant help being bad and naughty. and even though her parents are very strict she has many guys she flirts with and gets busy with but her dad thinks she is still a virgin even though many guys already broke her virginity... oh man i got carried away... lol. shrimp. that is phuked up. just eat more man. i got many friends that are ectomorphs and somehow have managed to get to 200+lbs without juice. i think thats pretty amazing
:bigeyes:

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
this is ridiculous lmao...

How are you running? Heel-toe or on the balls of your feet?

How long is your stride? Is it more of a jog or do you stretch your legs as far out in front as they will go?

How tight are your shoelaces (I know, stupid)

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
this is ridiculous lmao...

How are you running? Heel-toe or on the balls of your feet?

How long is your stride? Is it more of a jog or do you stretch your legs as far out in front as they will go?

How tight are your shoelaces (I know, stupid)
i run mostly balls of my feet

my stride is good i believe, ive done a lot of research on the mechanics of a perfect stride, but yes it is more of a jog, but not the point were im taking it easy

and actually i think that could be a good point my laces are very tight

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Tight laces will kick your ass without you even knowing it, and the weird thing is, they don't even have to be very tight...

Try some barefoot running if you have a good place to do it :)

Also, if you don't have a custom fit shoe, you should go to a running shoe store, most normal + size cities have them, they will analyze your feet and make you run around and such to find a good shoe for you..

Also the midsole might be totally gone, a good number for me to replace shoes is @ 500 miles or so, but it could be a little more often for your weight

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Tight laces will kick your ass without you even knowing it, and the weird thing is, they don't even have to be very tight...

Try some barefoot running if you have a good place to do it :)

Also, if you don't have a custom fit shoe, you should go to a running shoe store, most normal + size cities have them, they will analyze your feet and make you run around and such to find a good shoe for you..

Also the midsole might be totally gone, a good number for me to replace shoes is @ 500 miles or so, but it could be a little more often for your weight
Good stuff to consider. Repped.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Nope, but I was a cross country kid back in high school, learned tons about running, plus I have crappy feet ><

I went from 26:00 3 mile time to 19:33 3 mile time in a littler over 2 months back in the day. 19:33 isn't terribly fast but the improvement was the amazing thing. Now I am slow again because of the army (Don't have time to run 8+ miles) and some day want to be fast again lol o_O

No shoe is the best for running because our feet weren't meant to be used heel>toe, it's one of those things that come with nice cushiony shoes, and it makes your foot muscles (there's a lot, I forget how many though) lazy and under-developed. Barefoot running, or never touching your heels to the ground when you run at least, makes em nice and strong again :)

That being said, some shoes have remarkable technology in them, and its pretty important to find the right one for you!

edit: Oh, and thanks for the reps :D I don't know much about lifting yet, but I do know tons about running!

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
I used to run in high school, and my time halved when i started drinking raw eggs.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nope, but I was a cross country kid back in high school, learned tons about running, plus I have crappy feet ><

I went from 26:00 3 mile time to 19:33 3 mile time in a littler over 2 months back in the day. 19:33 isn't terribly fast but the improvement was the amazing thing. Now I am slow again because of the army (Don't have time to run 8+ miles) and some day want to be fast again lol o_O

No shoe is the best for running because our feet weren't meant to be used heel>toe, it's one of those things that come with nice cushiony shoes, and it makes your foot muscles (there's a lot, I forget how many though) lazy and under-developed. Barefoot running, or never touching your heels to the ground when you run at least, makes em nice and strong again :)

That being said, some shoes have remarkable technology in them, and its pretty important to find the right one for you!

edit: Oh, and thanks for the reps :D I don't know much about lifting yet, but I do know tons about running!
cross country huh? i used to do football (middle linebacker BTW) yeah i didnt get along with soccer players or CC guys. but your cool...

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
cross country huh? i used to do football (middle linebacker BTW) yeah i didnt get along with soccer players or CC guys. but your cool...
haha :p

CC and Wrestling and track. Did the football thing in Middle school but I was just too small.

Wrestled at 119 lol..

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
haha :p

CC and Wrestling and track. Did the football thing in Middle school but I was just too small.

Wrestled at 119 lol..
lol cant put weight on you. i cant get it off me. i had to cut to play linebacker and our linebackers were big

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
i was the bench champion in my high school... of the bitch weight class lol.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
I got the same shirt as the guys in the heavy weights lol

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
lol cant put weight on you. i cant get it off me. i had to cut to play linebacker and our linebackers were big
I found that getting married put a solid 40 fat pounds on me :D

Edit: and getting divorced turned them into muscle out of necessity!

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
I found that getting married put a solid 40 fat pounds on me :D

Edit: and getting divorced turned them into muscle out of necessity!
Married and a baby screwed me over :damnit:

mouseshoouse

Awards
Jay Edit: Offer useful advice or offer useless advice but do it without the insults... Thanks.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
dumbass stop running or taking whatever the **** ur one
hey screw you. plus if you could read i said i wasnt on anything that might cause pumps. and im cutting how do you want me stop cardio?

coreyc20

Awards
sounds to me like you have some shin splints goin on with all that, what kind of warm up do you do? i use to run long distance in high school. i always got 'em pretty bad until i was "in shape" what really helped me was my warmup. try it, walk 15 yards on your toes,jog 15, then heels, inside of your feet, and outside, etc.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
as far as laces go, i opted for Lacelocks a while back and i love em. they are an elastic shoelace with a little spring-loaded lock (like those old Jordans had... kinda)

they're like 4-5 bones. i have them in all of my running and training shoes. they have that little bit of "give" so my laces arent constricting.

Moeller

Moeller

Awards
cant i just use gatorade?

Look at the RDA for Potassium, and then look at the nutrition facts for gatorade. If your lacking in the mineral that would take a hell of alot of the stuff to solve your problem. Also look into magnesium aspartate. With potassium it really seemed to help for my pre-comp dehydration cramps.

Plus I've never heard of a diet that had that much room for 30+ grams additional sugar! :lol: