Best Pre Workout

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What are you folks using as a Pre-Workout Drink?

VPX? Gaspari? Iforce?

Thx in advance

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
jacked, white flood, muscle marinade

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Jack3d is a bare bones PWO imo, but it works great and its easy to down.

White flood taste is crap in the taste department but it works well.

ASGT by LG is very solid as well.

nynone

nynone

Awards
Depends on the feeling you like during the workout. My lists are what I've had experience with, and how I felt. It, of course, doesn't mean you will feel this way
when taking them.

Jittery on crack feeling: MHP Dark Rage, USP Labs Jack3d, BSN Endorush, Spike Energy, or Americeutical Nutritionals Super N.O.X. (even though it does have a ph in it).

Nice concentration feel, high alertness: VPX Redline or N.O. Shotgun, GAT aka German American Technologies Jet Fuse (gotta love the Germans lol), or some caffeine pills with a "oats and protein" shake.

Ones that I don't notice, but give a good kick in the pants vs. nothing: Universal Nutrition Animal Pump, Monster, Rockstar, or any other bogus sugar filled, insulin spiking drink out there.

Well, that's my take. I've yet to try, and are on my list to try: White Flood, Glycergrow, N.O. Xplode (even though that's the main part of super nox, I'd like to try it alone), Xtend, and some fat burners as those can be fun ;)

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
I like superpump 250 and white flood. Switching to bulk tho.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thx much guys. I used to love Redline yrs ago (used to do half a bottle not full) but seems over the years it has been less potent. (I'm very sensitive to caffeine no less, I try to keep it that way)

Looking for a smooth, mental alert energy type.......wouldn't mind some caffeine, maybe some Creatine/NO2.....

Keep em coming

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thx much guys. I used to love Redline yrs ago (used to do half a bottle not full) but seems over the years it has been less potent. (I'm very sensitive to caffeine no less, I try to keep it that way)

Looking for a smooth, mental alert energy type.......wouldn't mind some caffeine, maybe some Creatine/NO2.....

Keep em coming
years ago the redline came in a metal can, it was much,much more potent than the plastic cans it comes in now-they changed the formula. be wary of anything 'new and improved'. lol.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Premax, Ultima, Muscle Marinade, ASGT

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established

Keep em coming

IMO, try caffeine pills with Lucidrol

Lucidrol Advanced Muscle Science

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Leaning between Gaspari Superpump and VPX....trying to get samples of both before investing...

I do like the ingredient profile of the shotgun as it has Protein as well...

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
GPLC is the best, added stims are a benefit, im very very interested in trying maximizev2 and hemavol or primordials GPLC..... thatd be sick, the enrgy form maximize v2 is great!!!!!

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
+1 for PreMax Has a good amount of GPLC and this:

Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2009 Nov 23. [Epub ahead of print]
Ellagitannin Consumption Improves Strength Recovery 2-3 Days after Eccentric Exercise.

PURPOSE:: Dietary supplementation with polyphenols, particularly ellagitannins, may attenuate the muscular damage experienced after eccentric exercise producing delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS). The purpose of this study was to determine if ellagitannin supplementation from Wonderful variety pomegranate extract (POMx) improved recovery of skeletal muscle strength following eccentric exercise. METHODS:: Recreationally active males were randomized into a crossover design with either pomegranate extract (POMx) or placebo (PLA), each given over a period of nine days. To produce DOMS, subjects performed 2 sets of 20 maximal eccentric elbow flexion exercises with one arm. Maximal isometric elbow flexion strength and muscle soreness as well as serum measures of creatine kinase, myoglobin, interleukin-6, and c-reactive protein were made at baseline and 2, 24, 48, 72, and 96 h post-exercise. RESULTS:: With both treatments, strength was similarly reduced 2 h after exercise (i.e.; 72% of baseline) and recovery of strength was incomplete after 96 h (i.e.; 91% of baseline). However, strength was significantly higher in POMx compared to PLA at 48 h (85.4 +/- 2.5% and 78.3 +/- 2.6%; p= 0.01) and 72 h (88.9 +/- 2.0% and 84.0 +/- 2.0%; p= 0.009) post-exercise. Serum markers of inflammation and muscle damage did not provide insight regarding possible mechanisms. CONCLUSION:: Supplementation with ellagitannins from pomegranate extract significantly improves recovery of isometric strength 2-3 days following damaging eccentric exercise.

PMID: 19952825

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
+1 for PreMax Has a good amount of GPLC...
Not just a "good amount", but has the same amount of GPLC (4.5gr per serving) proven to be effective in successful clinicals. PreMax is certainly one of the best non-stim pre-workout supplements around.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you for the Jack3d support, guys! :)

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
jack3d or my personal favorate. pre-max by primordial performance

RAHHH

Awards
  • Established
What are you folks using as a Pre-Workout Drink?

VPX? Gaspari? Iforce?

Thx in advance
I like theses:
N2KTS
ASGT
GLYCOCARN-GPLC from pp
1,3-dimethylamylamine
--------------------------------
the GPLC :
* Proven to enhance blood flow to muscles
* Decreases lactic acid for improved performance
* Clean crash free energy
* Increases peak power
* Safe for athletes and bodybuilders
and mor einfo on pp's site.

and the 1,3-dimethylamylamine:
1,3-dimethylamylamine is a derivative of geranium oil which resembles the body's own chemical messenger, epinephrine (adrenaline). Similar to adrenaline, 1,3-dimethylamylamine exihibits a powerful CNS stimulanting ability, for increased energy, mental clarity, and physical performance. 1,3-dimethylamylamine works through a similar pathway as ephedrine, causing an increase in cAMP (the chemical messenger that triggers fat release and provides potent appetite suppression and thermogenic action).

An effective dose of geranamine is about 25 mg (miligrams) taken 1-3 times a day.
------------------------

I would rec ASGT with 20mg 1,3-dimethylamylamine and one serving of GLYCOCARN for the BEST preworkout mix.
taken about 40min before workout.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
White flood for awesome focus and happy energy: rpm for some smooth energy and good aggression, great for busting PR's; decaf ragNOrok for non-stim; clout for overall the most complete, effective strength/endurance/recovery aid.

White Flood most certainly does not taste bad, the new flavor is really tasty! The fruit punch is on sale for $13 right now, try it and see.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
White flood for awesome focus and happy energy: rpm for some smooth energy and good aggression, great for busting PR's; decaf ragNOrok for non-stim; clout for overall the most complete, effective strength/endurance/recovery aid.

White Flood most certainly does not taste bad, the new flavor is really tasty! The fruit punch is on sale for $13 right now, try it and see.

You and I couldn't further disagree about the taste of their white raspberry flavor(I'm assuming white flood in general). You're right about the focus and happy energy, makes it worth it.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've never tried the white raspberry. I have used the original lemon, and the new fruit punch, and the new one is great!

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've never tried the white raspberry. I have used the original lemon, and the new fruit punch, and the new one is great!
i hav esamples of all three and cant wait to try them

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Oh, this is my first white flood tub, i thought raspberry was the new flavor.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Current favs: ASGT/AP,MaximizeV2,Jacked3D
Can't go wrong with either of these

Derek4Real

Awards
Nano vapor by the best Supp company out there muscletech baby!!!!! LOL jk. I personally like jack3d or white flood

sluggy

sluggy

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My 2 cents..

If you're going to go with a non-bulk (see: homemade) pre-wo mix..

Then the best two are Ultima and PreSurge Unleashed. That is all.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Although a rep, Maximize V.2 has blown me away. The original was okay, but nothing super special. V.2 has given me great consistent workouts with clear focus.

Cryoshock in addition is a very solid, awesome pre-workout I would no problem running every day.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Although a rep, Maximize V.2 has blown me away. The original was okay, but nothing super special. V.2 has given me great consistent workouts with clear focus.

Cryoshock in addition is a very solid, awesome pre-workout I would no problem running every day.
hey man honest, if you werent a rep would you buy it?
the ingredients do take my interest but im scared of regretting of switching from jacked

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hey man honest, if you werent a rep would you buy it?
the ingredients do take my interest but im scared of regretting of switching from jacked
I did just that. You won't regret it at all. In fact you might like it tremendously!!

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I did just that. You won't regret it at all. In fact you might like it tremendously!!
really so its up there with jacked?

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
my currents in rotation-

JP8- 50 lemon/50 grape
Chaos with GPLC
NO Ignite
N2KTS

I have GPLC and LCLT I sometimes add in.

I have ASGT and RSS Nitrous 02 locked and loaded as well.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
my currents in rotation-

JP8- 50 lemon/50 grape
Chaos with GPLC
NO Ignite
N2KTS

I have GPLC and LCLT I sometimes add in.

I have ASGT and RSS Nitrous 02 locked and loaded as well.
really wanna try the ASGT

BlondBombshel

BlondBombshel

Awards
I go back and forth between Jack3d and ntkts

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
MY Fav
PRe-max
Assalut
Rag

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Noobs - Jack3d

Advanced - Premax.
They are really on different levels. I wouldnt say jacked is for noobs. Mainly just a cheaper alternative for people who cant afford something like Premax. Premax is a really elite Preworkou. it has alot to offer its just more money then some would like to spend. I can give some props to Jacked.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
They are really on different levels. I wouldnt say jacked is for noobs. Mainly just a cheaper alternative for people who cant afford something like Premax. Premax is a really elite Preworkou. it has alot to offer its just more money then some would like to spend. I can give some props to Jacked.

Jack3d really isn't cheeper than a lot of other pre workouts unless you can live off one scoop. But i don't think anyone takes 1 scoop of jack3d.

yeah, premax is premium.

Alex123

Awards
Jack3d cheap

Jack3d really isn't cheeper than a lot of other pre workouts unless you can live off one scoop. But i don't think anyone takes 1 scoop of jack3d.

yeah, premax is premium.
Jack3d cheap! You only need to know where to buy it. I have bought it at NSM Sport and like it. Good product for reasonable price.

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
I've been using glycocarn, been feeling some good clean energy boosts.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Noobs - Jack3d

Advanced - Premax.
then call me a noob-after 35 years of messing with the weights i have found that all i really need from a pre-workout is a good kick in the arse to get me going-the rest is up to me.

shotgun/rag ultra/white flood/smash- are all good for getting the blood flowing!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
then call me a noob-after 35 years of messing with the weights i have found that all i really need from a pre-workout is a good kick in the arse to get me going-the rest is up to me.

shotgun/rag ultra/white flood/smash- are all good for getting the blood flowing!
We know what gets your blood flowing!! :sgrin:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
We know what gets your blood flowing!! :sgrin: