Newbie looking to build muscle

drob24

Awards
Hi members,
I have been doing this Biggest Loser competition at work and it gets done in two weeks. I manage to drop 50 pounds so far and go from 242 pounds to 190 pounds. BF from 31.5% to 20%. Anyway when this is over I want to start taking some supplements to build muscle. Can you recommend anything to take in addition to good lean protein? I do belong to a gym.
Thanks!!

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
Hi members,
I have been doing this Biggest Loser competition at work and it gets done in two weeks. I manage to drop 50 pounds so far and go from 242 pounds to 190 pounds. BF from 31.5% to 20%. Anyway when this is over I want to start taking some supplements to build muscle. Can you recommend anything to take in addition to good lean protein? I do belong to a gym.
Thanks!!
Hey Congrat man on losing the pounds!!!!!!!

good diet is a must
Training ( must have a goal and a good routines)

Supps
Protein
BCAA
Crepure
Flex (joints)
Omega ( fish oil)
Multi vit

I think since you are just starting to work out and get in shape these will help you..... These are the basic and all need

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
^^^^^ good post right here. you can also add in Prime by USP labs for strength. its amazing. stack Prime with HGHup for some BF loss and muscle gains.

drob24

Awards
^^^^^ good post right here. you can also add in Prime by USP labs for strength. its amazing. stack Prime with HGHup for some BF loss and muscle gains.
Thanks for the replies. Where is the best place to buy this?

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
ibcaa's from primordial performance along with creapure creatine mono

zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle

Awards
  • Established
Get some Creapure and Beta-Alanine from Primordial Performance ASAP!

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Hi members,
Thanks!!
I would advise you to invest in some micronized Creatine Monohydrate, with special regard to your ambitions and ongoing body recomposition efforts, Cr would certainly fulfill your needs. I would like to commend you however on taking note and action, pertaining to the fact muscle is far more metabolically more active and than fat, and resistance training is more lipolytic than cardiovascular exercise, when done accordingly. Many hopeful athletes and weight loss participants abide by the mantra "I'm going to wait until I get to my ideal body weight before adding any muscle," which is a very flawed and retroactive counterproductive theory or philosophy; akin to the aspiring gym-fly that continually refuses to step on stage year after year, until they are 'perfect' or 'ready.'

There is no such thing as an 'ideal' weight, since weight is a blind and subjective calculation that merely measure gravity's exerted force of attraction upon you, nothing more. By shifting the balance in your favor by beginning the long, slow, yet ultimately rewarding journey of hypertrophy - you will compound your results and effectuate a long term increase in your rate/speed of success. Also of interest to supplement my early thoughts above, is that creatine remains the king pin of all OTC dietary/sports-specific nutraceuticals with a litany of unparalleled and repeated peer reviewed and scrutinized positive effects on muscle mass and overall athletic performance.

zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle

Awards
  • Established
I would advise you to invest in some micronized Creatine Monohydrate, with special regard to your ambitions and ongoing body recomposition efforts, Cr would certainly fulfill your needs. I would like to commend you however on taking note and action, pertaining to the fact muscle is far more metabolically more active and than fat, and resistance training is more lipolytic than cardiovascular exercise, when done accordingly. Many hopeful athletes and weight loss participants abide by the mantra "I'm going to wait until I get to my ideal body weight before adding any muscle," which is a very flawed and retroactive counterproductive theory or philosophy; akin to the aspiring gym-fly that continually refuses to step on stage year after year, until they are 'perfect' or 'ready.'

There is no such thing as an 'ideal' weight, since weight is a blind and subjective calculation that merely measure gravity's exerted force of attraction upon you, nothing more. By shifting the balance in your favor by beginning the long, slow, yet ultimately rewarding journey of hypertrophy - you will compound your results and effectuate a long term increase in your rate/speed of success. Also of interest to supplement my early thoughts above, is that creatine remains the king pin of all OTC dietary/sports-specific nutraceuticals with a litany of unparalleled and repeated peer reviewed and scrutinized positive effects on muscle mass and overall athletic performance.
Dude, I love the way you write things haha!

xxjoker122

Awards
if you want to put on some lean muscle fast and easy and get stronger go to gnc and pick your self up some cell mass its pricey but i think its the best creatine on the market toaday...it will also help you with recovery...you will never feel sore while on this stuff..good luck and be safe (==

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Congrats, and yeah what he said !;b

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
if you want to put on some lean muscle fast and easy and get stronger go to gnc and pick your self up some cell mass its pricey but i think its the best creatine on the market toaday...it will also help you with recovery...you will never feel sore while on this stuff..good luck and be safe (==
Not what he said.:{. Cell mass is WAY OVERPRICED! Look at nutra planet. Good place for products

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Congrats, and yeah what he said !;b
;) haha! I guess I got excited - it is seldom seen on forums where someone has the foresight to begin their muscle manifestation efforts after losing a great deal of body fat, but want to keep the flame burning hot!

xxjoker122

Awards
i said it was pricey your telling him something i already told him?

xxjoker122

Awards
no lol.........his exact words are its OVERPRICED ...nothing about not bieng worth it

jbono731

jbono731

Awards
  • Established
Hey Congrat man on losing the pounds!!!!!!!

good diet is a must
Training ( must have a goal and a good routines)

Supps
Protein
BCAA
Crepure
Flex (joints)
Omega ( fish oil)
Multi vit

I think since you are just starting to work out and get in shape these will help you..... These are the basic and all need

Good post here, this is pretty much exactly what I use for supplements. Basic, but effective. And of course a good diet. . .also I would add that a solid sleep scheduele, very important to allow for a period to rebuild and rejuvinate!!

newman897

newman897

Awards
i havent bought a thing from gnc ever since i discovered nutraplanet 75$ free shipping ? oh yea that what im talking about and good prices

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
no lol.........his exact words are its OVERPRICED ...nothing about not bieng worth it
Newsflash! Creatine is creatine, and over priced is the same thing as "not worth it"

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
My two cents on this comment- is the best for you not the best on the market... creatine monohydrate ( crepure) is the best on the makret because it has been back up by science 20 years... please do be up set on my comment!

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Go for a form of creatine - I recommend Creapure by PP.

Run that for a bit with a multi vitamin/fishoil.

Continue taking protein, but also eat heavy but clean, lots of protein, complex carbs, good fats.

Then I would look into adding Beta Alanine, iBCAAs from Primordial as well.