myofusion vs syntha 6

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
im looking for a protein with some cals, but not a weight gainer. reason is weight gainers only have like 18 servings in them. i make my own weight gainers from real food. for a clean bulk, which would be better?

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
I did pretty good with Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex. Lots of BCAAs, high protein content, very very low sugar and cholesterol. If Im not mistaken it was 320 cals for a 60g protein serving. Also thins well in milk and water, not clumpy at ALL.

*edit*

oh and the retail for pro complex is a little high, but if you look hard enough you can find it real cheap.

WeakPoint

WeakPoint

Awards
  • Established
I would go with Syntha-6, I'm more of a vanilla guy and the myofusion kind of tastes like butterscotch.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ya i like chocolate the best. myo has more servings in it than syntha. i use ON 100% whey right now. i wanna change it up with something that has alot of servings for under 40

onlyone

Awards
Both have great taste but I going with Myofusion right now becaurse you get a little more servings and a little more protein for every serving. Another reson I like Myo better is it´s less calories than Syntha. But thats what you wanted so go with Syntha. You can´t go wrong with either one.

DEE151

DEE151

Awards
i get a big 6lb bag from costco for $28.99 it has 78 serving and 6grams of bcaa and 27g of protein all of this is per serving you cant beat that.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah id get some protein and add some maltodextrin or vitargo with some goodies like creatine

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
oh yeah and supp with some uni liver throughout the days

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
im not worried about how many cals are in it cause i add my own stuff into it to make it about 1k cals. thanks guys for your input. i havent looked it up but does myo or syntha have fiber in it? i dont want fiber cause it keeps me full and im tryin to gain lean mass right now. i dropped to 7% BF and now its time for a lean bulk

svirk

Awards
Chocolate myofusion tastes awesome.
Mix it in some milk and provides a good amount of calories.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
im looking for a protein with some cals, but not a weight gainer. reason is weight gainers only have like 18 servings in them. i make my own weight gainers from real food. for a clean bulk, which would be better?
I never really enjoyed the taste of Myo Fusion, especially peanut butter. Their banana was delicious however. As far as BSN, I have a problem suggesting their products to anyone, because I don't have much respect for their company, know some intra-industry details that consumers aren't aware of.

GregW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Trutein! :)

40% Whey 40% Micellar Casein 20% Egg White

We're the only protein out there that doesn't hide the mix in a proprietary blend. Most others do because whey is 30-50% cheaper than the other sources of protein - so you can be reasonably sure you're getting 95% of the cheaper stuff and 5% of the more expensive stuff, which defeats the whole purpose of using a blend. Additionally, provides Omega-3s.

Awesome taste - check out reviews on our AM Sub-forum. We have unique flavor burst crystals that are almost like chocolate chips without the sugar or fat.

If you want to make it into a weight gainer, throw in some maltodextrin & coconut oil.

reptone

Awards
  • Established
Myo is good. Great taste. Syntha I find a little bitter with a chemical aftertaste. I am looking forward to trying Trutein. I am waiting for my sample pack. I thought it would be here by now.
I currently use Dymatize Elite Whey Isolate and have no real reason to change, but I`m always looking for alternatives and deals.

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
Myofusion all the way.....I don't trust anything BSN makes with a 10ft pole.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Texan281

Awards
IMO, Pro Complex is far superior than both Myofusion & Syntha-6

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
I'm a Vanilla type of guy, but lately switched to Strawberry. I picked up Syntha 6 and I love the taste. I mix it with milk throughout the day. Haven't tried myofusion.

Post workout I take VP2, but switching to Pro-Score.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I prefer the taste of syntha 6, but the thickness of myofusion. Go with whichever is more important to you. When dieting, I prefer thickness because it fills me up more.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Myofusion all the way.....I don't trust anything BSN makes with a 10ft pole.
X2

Syntha-6 does taste good though - to be honest. But unless I'm in the third month of contest prep, taste often takes a far back seat to function. I would purchase Optimum's 100% Whey, as it is isolate heavy and doesn't cause nearly as much gastric discomfort as EAS's Whey (comprised almost entirely of concentrate).