Best Muscle building supplement thats not a ph or ds?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.33%

Best Muscle building supplement thats not a ph or ds?

Im 20 years old and im trying to gain as much muscle as possible. Ive take creatine but i think im a non-responder. Im not worried about short term side effects just long term. Btw im 5'10 185 and have my routine and diet in check. Thanks

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.75%

look into animal mstak,prime, you could even look at some natty test boosters tho most would not recommend them at that age.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.66%

Protein powders, Nitric Oxide, DHEA, or other natural test boosters. I havent really seen a non-responder to creatine, but maybe the brand you tried wasn't good for you.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.66%

BTW it wont be an easy or quick process.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.33%

Quote Originally Posted by CaponeCEO View Post
    Protein powders, Nitric Oxide, DHEA, or other natural test boosters. I havent really seen a non-responder to creatine, but maybe the brand you tried wasn't good for you.
    I take ON protein now. And i have taken DHEA and it actually seemed to do something as i had i higher libido and surprisingly got back pumps when i was taking 50mg a day. And i guess i shouldn't say i was a non-responder since i kept a lot of my strength on my cut but lost some of it when i stopped but i didnt notice any muscle gain.
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.66%

Quote Originally Posted by foland View Post
    I take ON protein now. And i have taken DHEA and it actually seemed to do something as i had i higher libido and surprisingly got back pumps when i was taking 50mg a day. And i guess i shouldn't say i was a non-responder since i kept a lot of my strength on my cut but lost some of it when i stopped but i didnt notice any muscle gain.
    Creatine doesnt build muscle but retains water in the cells of the muscle giving them a more full feel/appearance. The benefits of it include some strength and alot of recovery. I wouldn't take a test booster at your age either. I would just take your current diet, post it, and see what can be done to boost all the necessities up.
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.09%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

maybe look into natadrol. arachidonic acid. natural sterol complex. recompadrol.
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.33%

Quote Originally Posted by rochabp View Post
    maybe look into natadrol. arachidonic acid. natural sterol complex. recompadrol.
    Thanks, do you have any informational links? And capone my diet is very light since im trying to lose 10 more lbs then i will go on a clean bulk.
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.84%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Protein
    BCAA's
    Multi-V
    D3

At your age you should be able to gain muscle with the proper diet. A lot of people's "in check" usually means quite the opposite. If it is in fact in check then you could be having prolems elsewhere that should be checked out to rule out any other physiological issues.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.33%

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Protein
    BCAA's
    Multi-V
    D3

At your age you should be able to gain muscle with the proper diet. A lot of people's "in check" usually means quite the opposite. If it is in fact in check then you could be having prolems elsewhere that should be checked out to rule out any other physiological issues.
    Im not saying im not making gains because i am. I just want to make the most gains i can. To me if i can make better or more gains than i already am then why not?
  11. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.08%

Creatine doesnt build muscle but retains water in the cells of the muscle giving them a more full feel/appearance. The benefits of it include some strength and alot of recovery. I wouldn't take a test booster at your age either. I would just take your current diet, post it, and see what can be done to boost all the necessities up.
    In the long-run, creatine will in fact help you build lean tissue.
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.84%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Then i'd opt for those additional products that aren't hormonal in nature as well as make sure you can get more bang for your buck with proper timing and doses.
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.66%

Quote Originally Posted by gamer2be08 View Post
    In the long-run, creatine will in fact help you build lean tissue.
    Do you mean recovery aided by creatine will help build lean tissue?
  14. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.08%

Do you mean recovery aided by creatine will help build lean tissue?
    Not what I meant. By being able to push yourself harder/more explosively and longer as well as cell volumization. Muscle growth occurs, via a process known as the dehydration synthesis. What does this mean? The dehydration synthesis is the process in which larger molecules are formed. In this case we are referring to muscle protein. And this is also referred to, as of course protein synthesis. Consequently, many journals point, to creatine actually enhancing this.
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.66%

Quote Originally Posted by gamer2be08 View Post
    Not what I meant. By being able to push yourself harder/more explosively and longer as well as cell volumization. Muscle growth occurs, via a process known as the dehydration synthesis. What does this mean? The dehydration synthesis is the process in which larger molecules are formed. In this case we are referring to muscle protein. And this is also referred to, as of course protein synthesis. Consequently, many journals point, to creatine actually enhancing this.
    I am not saying you are wrong, but I have a hard time understanding how creatine is actively involved with protein synthesis. I would agree that creatine causing longer workouts/strenght gains would tear muscle more thus allowing true REM protein synthesis to occur for rebuilding. Can you break it down on a molecular level?
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.83%

Quote Originally Posted by foland View Post
    Im 20 years old and im trying to gain as much muscle as possible. Ive take creatine but i think im a non-responder. Im not worried about short term side effects just long term. Btw im 5'10 185 and have my routine and diet in check. Thanks
    I've never heard of someone not responding at all to a quality creatine. You won't experience the kind of pumps that ph, ds, or aas would give you, but if you're using it right you should benefit from the use of it...
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.24%

This

18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.47%

just stick with creatine and protein
  19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.95%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post

Amen to that brother! Check this out to help prove Jayhawk's statment...
    Log of _______, can't read it? Because there is nothing there.

I am not saying you are wrong, but I have a hard time understanding how creatine is actively involved with protein synthesis. I would agree that creatine causing longer workouts/strenght gains would tear muscle more thus allowing true REM protein synthesis to occur for rebuilding. Can you break it down on a molecular level?
    You're over complicating things and coming off as a know it all prick. Not saying you are by any means. Just that you're coming off as one.

Creatine is the god father of modern day OTC supplement muscle/strength builder..period. No need to get fancy with why, it just does. Anyone can use google and look up why.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  20. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.41%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

try one of the nutrient partitioners. I like glycobol but there are other good ones too. look them up.
  21. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.66%

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Amen to that brother! Check this out to help prove Jayhawk's statment...
    Log of _______, can't read it? Because there is nothing there.

You're over complicating things and coming off as a know it all prick. Not saying you are by any means. Just that you're coming off as one.

Creatine is the god father of modern day OTC supplement muscle/strength builder..period. No need to get fancy with why, it just does. Anyone can use google and look up why.
    Know it all prick? That's a great one!! I was asking a question that I DIDNT KNOW. You need to learn to understand what you read. If you want to be a simpleton thats your business (not saying you are one), but I prefer to learn how things work from people who understand more then me.

LEARN/TEACH/LEAD
  22. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.8%

PinkMagic and or Prime, no doubt about it. Check out my log and drop a comment
    Pink "Lucky Charms" Magic - Hardcore Alpha Loggin
  23. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

dont take DHEA at your age...bad idea. Prime has increased my strength but hasnt really built much muscle. i stack Prime with creatine and a test booster to gain muscle. diet is KEY though. if ur wanting to gain muscle u gotta eat MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE food. and by this i mean quality food. hope this helps
  24. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.95%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Know it all prick? That's a great one!! I was asking a question that I DIDNT KNOW. You need to learn to understand what you read. If you want to be a simpleton thats your business (not saying you are one), but I prefer to learn how things work from people who understand more then me.

LEARN/TEACH/LEAD
    Simpleton ehh? yes that's it.Thanks for the advice, i'll look into it. I'm sensing some hostility, not really sure why there is any.

Phrase your questions a little better then because you're coming off as arrogant and stuff like this should be discussed through PM's or different threads entirely, no need to clutter up for the OP.
  25. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.66%

Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    dont take DHEA at your age...bad idea. Prime has increased my strength but hasnt really built much muscle. i stack Prime with creatine and a test booster to gain muscle. diet is KEY though. if ur wanting to gain muscle u gotta eat MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE food. and by this i mean quality food. hope this helps
    DHEA "might" stimulate testosterone, a test-booster probably will work. Although test boosters seem pretty harmless to me, some people swear that you shouldn't do them at a young age.
  26. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.66%

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Simpleton ehh? yes that's it.Thanks for the advice, i'll look into it. I'm sensing some hostility, not really sure why there is any.

Phrase your questions a little better then because you're coming off as arrogant and stuff like this should be discussed through PM's or different threads entirely, no need to clutter up for the OP.
    No hostility bro. Just jabbing back from your original jab. Understanding how creatine really works would help the OP because he is trying to figure out why creatine hasn't worked for him. He might not really care how it truly works, but sometimes understaning it is the best way to track personal progression.
  27. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.95%

Yes creatine can have an impact on protein systhesis in cardiac and sketel muscle, I remember reading that on Pubmed I believe. I'll try and look for the study, i think it was one of the orginals..from the 70's or 80's i think.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Beta Tester Available for Muscle Building Supplement
    By fisher300 in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-17-2011, 05:01 PM
  2. Replies: 76
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 02:34 PM
  3. Best Muscle Building Supplement?
    By bildBig in forum Supplements
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-11-2008, 10:47 AM
  4. Whats Your Fav. Muscle Building Supplement???
    By just93 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-05-2008, 11:42 PM
  5. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-06-2008, 12:27 PM