Analyzing Effective beta/CNS/Adrenal Rehabilitation Post Stimulant Use

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Hey amigos,

Just as a quick topic jump-off point: I would like to gather everyone's take on the best nutrient/nutraceutical method to revitalize, renew, and recharge all of the encountered beta-receptor negative feedback/Central Nervous System exhaustion/and Adrenal Fatigue that is the resultant of prolonged stimulant usage including OTC/Pharmaceutical/Research compounds.

The excitatory effect realized by use of Clenbuterol, Ephedrine, or current consumer offerings such as Mitotropin or Clenbutrx (Gaspari/VPX respectively) is not without consequence, just as any other synthetic supra-physiological introduction into the body (androgens, T3, etc) will bring about the need for ancillary product usage (PCT)

Having ended a long and rigorous Contest Prep implementing many metabolism modulating compounds earlier this Spring, in the planned three month meantime of absolutely NO stimulants of any variety, what would be the most effective approach at setting the many receptors and pathways back up to be at maximal levels and hence maximal results once I begin my next cutting cycle as mid-summer arrives?

-Adaptogens
-Diphenhydramine
-Comprehensive Vitamin/Mineral Blend...

UKStrength

Hey amigos,

Just as a quick topic jump-off point: I would like to gather everyone's take on the best nutrient/nutraceutical method to revitalize, renew, and recharge all of the encountered beta-receptor negative feedback/Central Nervous System exhaustion/and Adrenal Fatigue that is the resultant of prolonged stimulant usage including OTC/Pharmaceutical/Research compounds.

The excitatory effect realized by use of Clenbuterol, Ephedrine, or current consumer offerings such as Mitotropin or Clenbutrx (Gaspari/VPX respectively) is not without consequence, just as any other synthetic supra-physiological introduction into the body (androgens, T3, etc) will bring about the need for ancillary product usage (PCT)

Having ended a long and rigorous Contest Prep implementing many metabolism modulating compounds earlier this Spring, in the planned three month meantime of absolutely NO stimulants of any variety, what would be the most effective approach at setting the many receptors and pathways back up to be at maximal levels and hence maximal results once I begin my next cutting cycle as mid-summer arrives?

-Adaptogens
-Diphenhydramine
-Comprehensive Vitamin/Mineral Blend...
I believe Palo Alto Labs produced a supplement for this called reset AD...

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I believe Palo Alto Labs produced a supplement for this called reset AD...
I saw that, I believe it came out a few years back. I just never purchase anything with a proprietary blend anymore, and was wondering if there was a possibility of purchasing individual powders with a descent consensus of efficacy among the board members.

Ketotifen would be effective, but of course Diphenhydramine will also reactivate and energize the embattled beta-2 receptors after any cycle of Ephedrine/Clenbuterol. Thanks a lot for the suggestion though! :)

Has any conclusive or clairvoyant research ever been done on sports specific use of Adaptogens?

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
ultimately, the adrenal hormones are derived from b5, but there's one little catch: supplemental b5 in its present form doesn't work. ive actually successfully restored adrenals that have been exhausted to the point where digestion, eyesight, and energy levels were drasticallly affected. the nutritionist practitioner manual i read was overcoming the problem using doses of b5 at 1 GRAM up to 9 times a day, but not without consequences. i personally don't recommend that approach but it gives you an idea how far off base our current points of reference can lie. personally, ive had way more luck with the megafoods b complex, as 50mg of pantothenic acid is more energizing that the sever grams of isolated b5 a day. ive worked with 6 pills a day (2 taken 3x) but feel like more would definately help; obviously budget comes into play with this company. ideally, i would like to get the bulk powder of the b5 alone from their food source, but nobody would sell me any. its interesting, some b vitamins, like niacin ( in the form of inositol hexanicotinate) works very well as an isolate, but b5 in food exists as coenzyme A, which is THE precursor to adrenalin and it is far superior to any adrenal approach. at 6 pills a day, you will stop drinking coffee and you wont miss it; the effects are clear before 6 days. anyway, these doctors would open up people sinuses using b5 and vitamin c, and there are glandulars out there but the usuable for of b5 is definately what everyone is overlooking right now; they dont add it to the breakfast cereals (tastes bad) and the masses arent aware of how their b5 levels plummet as they down the coffee

I saw that, I believe it came out a few years back. I just never purchase anything with a proprietary blend anymore, and was wondering if there was a possibility of purchasing individual powders with a descent consensus of efficacy among the board members.

Ketotifen would be effective, but of course Diphenhydramine will also reactivate and energize the embattled beta-2 receptors after any cycle of Ephedrine/Clenbuterol. Thanks a lot for the suggestion though! :)

Has any conclusive or clairvoyant research ever been done on sports specific use of Adaptogens?

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Science, what you say is interesting, but, and I don't know if this is because it's late or what, I don't understand your bottom line. So bottom line, what would your approach be to tackle anything from coffee addiction to wiped out adrenals?

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
there are alot of approaches, but none of them will work without ample amounts of the right form of b5 (pantothenic acid). i dont have the points to post links here, but the most cost effective route is to type megafoods b complex into the search engine at iherb dot com; they have it at a cut rate, and the minimal amount ive needed for effects is 2 tabs taken 3x daily. vitamin c helps this also, but it wont work alone, no matter how much the C-freaks like it. megafoods has a good form too called ultra-c 400 (note it has been proven that scurvy, fo example, cannot be cured with isolated vitamin C, whereas this form has the active cofactors). we worked with only 1 tab 3x daily. vitamin A is also a somewhat common contributer to adrenal deficiencie; ive read that its possible to burn 50,000iu after 2 hours of exercise; this guy Dr. wright perscribes it at 40,000iu daily (in the fat soluable form derived from fish). finally, the adrenals need calcium, magnesium, sodium, and potassium; thats it; you got plenty of that and they have all they really need. cal/mag deficiency is less likely unless youre older. though magnesium was rated the #1 defiency in the thousands of people who took spectracell (ie an accurate blood nutrient test panel). i would nt mess with those two minerals unless there were other signs of needing them ( a serach engine would talk about the symptoms). if that were the case also, any form of cal and mag from the albion patent is the absolute best. you can get albion cal or mag at iherb or swansonvitamins; basically, albion double chelates their product so it has all the carriers it would need, and therefore will not suppress other mineral levels, and cannot be suppressed by minerals consumed at the same time; also, they only use the elemental mineral forms, whereas other companies uses forms that are actually bigger than the cells that are supposed to be consuming them. word to the wise on the magnesium is if bowel transit increases, its time to reduce the dose. with regards to the electrolytes, it's really not a matter of taking them in the end; if the adrenals and pituitary are working nomally, you will retain them perfectly, otherwise the need for more arises; bananas are a joke for potass as it is bound up in fiber; carrot juice works. the megafood b vits will go a long way to strengthen the pituitary, though there is more it than that if there is weakness there; i can elaborate on that further, but typically the megafoods and the vit C and vit A take care of the problem; as i mentioned before, the confirmation of being on the right path with this comes in less that 6 days. if i had the cash, i would have taken alot more of the the megafoods b complex than 6 daily, but six is a good start; typically, a therapuetic nutritional protocall like this takes 6 months to complete depending on severity it could be longer; also, athletes need to factor in the abnormal nutritional expense that will incur so completion can be delayed further; also, if the training has created the exhaustion, its likely neessary some kind of supplement regime will be necessary as long as training ensues

Science, what you say is interesting, but, and I don't know if this is because it's late or what, I don't understand your bottom line. So bottom line, what would your approach be to tackle anything from coffee addiction to wiped out adrenals?

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice, thanks a lot for the info!

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
yeah, adrenal problems are actually very common; its pretty disgusting how little attention is given online how to actually restore them;; instead somone is always trying to sell you aswalanga or some shwag like that for minor and temporary relief. there are alot of symptoms people dont even associate with down adrenals what are actually the main symptoms; these include low energy, extreme DOMS, low body temperature, low blood pressure (dizzy when suddenly standing up), frequent urination (from low aldosterone), disinterest in sex or anything for that matter, irritability/mood swings, burning feet, ashma, diarrhea, weak collagen, in some case low HCL resulting in gas/belching ect. the list goes on and on.

Ive worked with the isolated forms of b vitamins in high amounts and they are mostly trash, as they are tar derivatives and do not contain the coenzymation to assist with absorption. inositiol hexanicotine (b3) seems to be an exception to that in that it produces a noticable improvement; for some reason i found that taking a 500mg pill of that 3x/day in addition to the megafoods brough my energy up a good way beyond what the b complex was doing. maybe that was the particular deficiency i was dealing with but the stuff is inexpensive and i would definately recommend it with the protocall as it increases niacin intake by 30 fold. id love to get my hands on bulk wholefood derived B5 so im putting a shout out for it but right now i cant find anyone offering it