Anyone else try Gatorade G Series 03 Recover?

M

MBSowards

Awards
I am not talking about the Pro Line in GNC, just the grocery story G Series.

While I don't necessarily love all the carbs being sugar, I can deal with that.

The carb/protein ratio is great for my post cardio needs and the flavors aren't too bad at all.

Just wondering if anyone else had tried this stuff out. Kinda hoping enough people buy it that it sticks around long term.

A

allenzo

Awards
I tried it and did not care for the flavor. I believe it was the mixed berry flavor.

unc21

unc21

Awards
  • Established
The ratio may be ok, but the amount that you would have to drink in order to get the right amounts is a lot. 16oz gives you roughly 14g carbs and 13g protein, or something in that neighborhood. Im not real interested in having to drink 64 ounces of liquid to get @50gs of protein.

Not to mention, the carb sources from it are far from optimal.

M

MBSowards

Awards
I tried it and did not care for the flavor. I believe it was the mixed berry flavor.
That is the only one I haven't tried yet. Liked both the Kiwi-Strawberry and the Orange Lemon-Lime. Both tasted the way they should with some "protein" taste in them as well.

Not as good as normal gatorade but with 16 grams of hydrolyzed protein I can't expect the world.

The ratio may be ok, but the amount that you would have to drink in order to get the right amounts is a lot. 16oz gives you roughly 14g carbs and 13g protein, or something in that neighborhood. Im not real interested in having to drink 64 ounces of liquid to get @50gs of protein.

Not to mention, the carb sources from it are far from optimal.
Yeah it is 14 carbs to 16 g protein per bottle. I have a real food meal that is really high in protein about an hour after I finish my workout so I am just using the 03 as an immediately post workout option right now.

This probably wouldn't be any good for someone who wasn't able to get a whole food meal in soon after.

unc21

unc21

Awards
  • Established
I still get in a meal after my workouts, but 16gs of protein for most, and especially someone your size is no where near enough PWO.

F

FireChaser

Awards
I tried it, it was so disgusting I drank half and threw it away. Save your money.