33yr old needs help

quirinus

Awards
First off I want to say I think this forum is great I dont know how I stumbled upon it but im glad I did.

Ok a little bio:

I am 33yrs old and I weigh in at 228lbs. Most of that 228, I am not proud to say, is fluff and fat.
I have a desk jocky diet that recently took a turn for the worse since I am now going through a divorce. One of the big reasons for my marital dimise would be my lack of motivation to do anything and my poor physical condition.
I work out at the gym 3x a week for about an hour at a time but i can honsetly say my workouts have no drive in them and i always feel like im coming up short.

I would really like some help with a plan to lose the fat and bring back the muscle I once had, I am not looking to become some Greek God by no means, but i would like to be able to sport a 4 pack or maybe even a 6 pack stomache as well as boost my energy level.

Any and all advice would be great on where to start and what supplements I should use. Thanks in advance for the help.

LiveNDie

Awards
Staple Supps:
BCAA
Whey Protein
Creatine

Weight loss supps:
USPLabs Recreate
USPLabs OxyElitePro

Nutrition Uptake Supp:
USPLabs Anabolic Pump
ALA

Recomp Supp:
USPLabs PRIME

Combined with proper diet and exercise!

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Staple Supps:
BCAA
Whey Protein
Creatine

Weight loss supps:
USPLabs Recreate
USPLabs OxyElitePro

Nutrition Uptake Supp:
USPLabs Anabolic Pump
ALA

Recomp Supp:
USPLabs PRIME

Combined with proper diet and exercise!

BEFORE ALL SUPS. The Guy need learn the eseential: Learn to eat clean and exercise correctly.

Kookahdoo

Kookahdoo

Awards
  • Established
BEFORE ALL SUPS. The Guy need learn the eseential: Learn to eat clean and exercise correctly.
Bingo!

Read up on diet and exercise bruther....No supplement is going to take place of hard work and knowledge.

Oh yeah....and abz are made in the kitchen. So learn about diet.

seunim

seunim

Awards
  • Established
Absolutely! You can get in great shape by learning when and what to eat and how to train properly. Check into the nutrition and training sections on this site and read, read, read. Then ask questions to fine tune your game plan. You'll be amazed what you can do in a few short months.

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
FIRST: Clean you diet up. I do not mean quit eating but quit eating crap........you will always feel like crap if you eat crap. You might miss the junk you are eating for a few weeks but if you begin to eat lean unfried meats and veges....quit eating fries, burgers, and stuff loaded with sugar....ONLY then will you begin to feel good in the gym. You do not need some elaborate diet plan.....just eat meat and vegetables......and lay off the fried food. After a couple of weeks you will feel you energy go way up and you will feel more motivated in the gym......

quirinus

Awards
thanks to all who have replied so far. Last night I went out and purchased a few "must haves" like a food steamer and toaster oven. I've got a great farmers market that i will hit up on Sunday and it so happens that one of my really good buddies raises organic beef and chicken, so i dropped him a line. I've had a really good support structure around me i just never used it. I'm looking to go lean and and keep it simple for a few weeks while my body cleanses itself and then i will hit you all up again and ask for supplement help. Once again thanks for your input all.

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
Amen brohien diet is the key to have real sucess in the gym!!! Eat good sleep good train hard then everything will fall in place!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And don't be worried that the food isn't as exciting or fun or tasty at first. You'll find plenty of things you like, and can ask questions here as well about specific foods or ideas.

Just as one to throw out there, taking a half cup of regular (non-instant) oatmeal, cooking it, adding stevia as a sweetener to taste then pumpkin pie spice makes for a nice treat. Similarly Walden Foods makes a 0 calorie caramel sauce, that with some cinnamon is fantastic on a baked sweet potato. Quinoa in place of rice, sprouted grain breads, etc all make for good healthy eats

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
And don't be worried that the food isn't as exciting or fun or tasty at first. You'll find plenty of things you like, and can ask questions here as well about specific foods or ideas.

Just as one to throw out there, taking a half cup of regular (non-instant) oatmeal, cooking it, adding stevia as a sweetener to taste then pumpkin pie spice makes for a nice treat. Similarly Walden Foods makes a 0 calorie caramel sauce, that with some cinnamon is fantastic on a baked sweet potato. Quinoa in place of rice, sprouted grain breads, etc all make for good healthy eats
easy you must be doing something right. the transformation you have made is truly amazing.

congratulations!!!:cheers:

seunim

seunim

Awards
  • Established

I'm all over that pumpkin pie spice suggestion. Danke. :fing02: