kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
List some if you can think of any. For me it's:

multivitamin
fish oil
cissus (keeps me going)

Goals are getting buff and havinng endurance.

EDIT: Pretty early in this thread, peple stopped comparing things to creatine, and just started talking about products that keep you in shape, and I am fine with that. I love hearing about supps that are healthy.

L

LiveNDie

Awards
PRIME by USPLabs
Anabolic Pump by USPLabs
PowerFULL by USPLabs
BCAA
L-Glutamine
Beta-Alanine

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
Beta alanine BCAAs and nutra's bulk green tea or caps are great healthy additions. Why not creatine btw?

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I take creatine as a staple supp. It works foor people who work hard. I'm really just curious.

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
I take creatine as a staple supp. It works foor people who work hard. I'm really just curious.
i love me some beta alanine. Like creatine the **** just works and you can definitely tell. Citrulline malate is great too but kind of pricey

L

LiveNDie

Awards
i love me some beta alanine. Like creatine the **** just works and you can definitely tell. Citrulline malate is great too but kind of pricey
Bump on the Citrulline malate as well as Taurine...

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
the past few weeks i started playing around with bulk citrulline malate. this stuff blew me away at good doses 8-9 grams pre workout. incredible pumps and endurance and it just makes me feel good. bulk amino acids also help. either BCAA's or EAA's.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I like citruline malate. I actually don't mess with beta alanine because I thing the CM already takes care of my lactic acid problem.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
EAA/BCAAs
Purple InTrain
Purple WRAATH
any BCAA product.

^^ I prefer these over creatines

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bcaa, beta alanine, multi, fish oil, glutamine, green tea, and extra b complex, and vitamin c, melatonin

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
for health you cant beat vita-berry and toco-8

there are so many benefits to the full 8 forms of vitamin e, its great stuff helps control cholesterol levels

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Don't forget EndoAmp Max to help combat cortisol peaks after training. Very goog product that i really enjoy to stack with Relora.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone tried Hydrolized protein after training? It's what Im doing right now, and although it's too early to say it deffinately works, (although it seems to) it's deffinately easier on the digestive track than 20 grams of any amino product.

Since endo amp is a bunch of phospholypids, couldn't I save a LOT of money and get bulk lecithin?

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone tried Hydrolized protein after training? It's what Im doing right now, and although it's too early to say it deffinately works, (although it seems to) it's deffinately easier on the digestive track than 20 grams of any amino product.

Since endo amp is a bunch of phospholypids, couldn't I save a LOT of money and get bulk lecithin?
I've looked at bulk lecithin and some brands have pretty good extracts. I think one is blue bonnet or something along those lines. The thing about EndoAmp Max is its LARGE amounts of PS and Alpha GPC. If you try to mimic EA's profile you will see the $ add up. With that said, using bulk lecithin is better than not using any IMO. Also, don't forget to stack it with Relora from Now Foods. I felt get a synergy with that stack.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
I just wanted to add it mainly the phoshidytalserine* (PS) content that helps with reducing cortisol spikes and giving a nice euphoric state (at times).

*not sure the spelling is correct

futbolista

futbolista

Awards
I do love my creatine, but aside from that I use
BCAAs
Whey and Casein Protein
Fish oil
multi

E

ekdevil

Awards
none.if its more expensive than creatine dont buy it.guaranteed wont work any better than creatine.dont waste your money.you dont need to add anything else aside from whey protein and ECA.

maybe add ECA to get you more cut and add more energy for your workouts.cheaper than name supplements and actually works.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
none.if its more expensive than creatine dont buy it.guaranteed wont work any better than creatine.dont waste your money.you dont need to add anything else aside from whey protein and ECA.

maybe add ECA to get you more cut and add more energy for your workouts.cheaper than name supplements and actually works.
ECA is good, although I don't know if I'd throw it in the healthy sups category.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
ECA is good, although I don't know if I'd throw it in the healthy sups category.
lol definitely not :p

but rly the cost:benefit ratio of creatine makes it one of the most "staple" workout supps aside from like fish oil/multi/protein.

E

ekdevil

Awards
true,ECA isnt exactly healthy.but as far as anything better than creatine then none.dont buy anything more expensive than creatine mono.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

And what if you are a creatine non-responder like me? Then what?

OP - define "healthy supplements". That's a very sliding rule along the edge of a very slippery slope.

cgoode

cgoode

Awards
  • Established
Ive never met anyone who couldnt find a creatine that would help them...sometimes they have to try diverent versions, creapure seems to be the best there is

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ive never met anyone who couldnt find a creatine that would help them...sometimes they have to try diverent versions, creapure seems to be the best there is
In that case, nice to meet you! Now you've met one... ;) :cheers:

I've tried nearly all of them. From mono to kre- to cee to some that were completely different and never made it to market. They do nothing for me, not at any dose. It's not common, but it happens. Instead, I opt for BCAAs, beta alanine products, or a carnosine product. Glycergrow is also a nice one that I throw in on occasion.

cgoode

cgoode

Awards
  • Established
hmm interesting....I was going to suggest upping the dose to go along with ur bodyweight but it seems uve already tried.... odd, any history of diabetes or anything else that may affect ur insulin production....i always take my creatine with koolaid and 1 cap of gymenea sylvestre or whatever its called

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hmm interesting....I was going to suggest upping the dose to go along with ur bodyweight but it seems uve already tried.... odd, any history of diabetes or anything else that may affect ur insulin production....i always take my creatine with koolaid and 1 cap of gymenea sylvestre or whatever its called
Yup. History of diabetes in my family, but all of my bloodwork is just fine. Nothing even indicative of pre-pre-pre-diabetes, if that should even exist! lol It just does nothing for me. No biggy. After spending hundreds in experimentation, I've moved on. :)

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
OP - define "healthy supplements". That's a very sliding rule along the edge of a very slippery slope.
What's an OP? By healthy supplements, I am referring to the ones that won't decrease your health at all, at least ubder current knowledge. I am always looking for ways to fill nutritional deficates(spelling). I whant to exclude anything that has a crash, needs PCT, is hard on the liver, raises blood pressure. Pure healthy performance.

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
I like citruline malate. I actually don't mess with beta alanine because I thing the CM already takes care of my lactic acid problem.
BA is for more than just buffering acid. Carnosine is one of the best di-peptides IMO. It will help you recover faster and slows aging to boot.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What's an OP? By healthy supplements, I am referring to the ones that won't decrease your health at all, at least ubder current knowledge. I am always looking for ways to fill nutritional deficates(spelling). I whant to exclude anything that has a crash, needs PCT, is hard on the liver, raises blood pressure. Pure healthy performance.
OP = Original Poster. ;)

"Healthy" and "without consequence" are always relative statements. Under "current knowledge" is often useless, too. Look at the case of eggs. They were unhealthy, then healthy, unhealthy, then healthy...

If you want to avoid a crash, avoid some stims. But not all.
If you want to avoid PCT, avoid prohormones, prosteroids, and "roids".
If you want to avoid liver damage, stay away from methyls. Or alcohol. Or everything else for that matter since everything affects the liver to some degree.
If you want to avoid negative health effects, good luck! Everything has 'em, no matter what you're looking at. Overdose creatine and you'll even have side effects! Drink too much water and you can die. Breathe too much bad air and you'll choke to death.

Getting my point yet? It's all VERY relative. A certain degree of acceptable risk must be involved with your decisions. Just as one who would ask for something "that works", it isn't what works for everyone else that you are concerned with, it's what will work for you. The ONLY way to do that is personal experimentation through trial and error - trying things that interest you and deciding if they work or not. Complicate it further? Yup - will it work next time, too? Does it always work as good as the first time?

So when you ask for "healthy supplements", Pandora's box gets opened.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
In that case, nice to meet you! Now you've met one... ;) :cheers:

I've tried nearly all of them. From mono to kre- to cee to some that were completely different and never made it to market. They do nothing for me, not at any dose. It's not common, but it happens. Instead, I opt for BCAAs, beta alanine products, or a carnosine product. Glycergrow is also a nice one that I throw in on occasion.
according to a article i read up to 30% don't respond to creatine.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
This is what I love about the type of supplementation I am talking about. Something as popular as creatine could very well do nothing if your creatine stores arn't low. It still comes down to the badassery of the person.

T-AD, you look like a guy who would burn through some creatine. How much red meat do you eat? Ill admit that for me, creatine doesn't
shoot my strength up, but it sort of keeps me from taking two steps forward, and one step back.

zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle

Awards
  • Established
Some of my staples are amino acids. Beta alanine, bcaa, carnitine...

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is what I love about the type of supplementation I am talking about. Something as popular as creatine could very well do nothing if your creatine stores arn't low. It still comes down to the badassery of the person.

T-AD, you look like a guy who would burn through some creatine. How much red meat do you eat? Ill admit that for me, creatine doesn't
shoot my strength up, but it sort of keeps me from taking two steps forward, and one step back.
How much red meat do I eat? Plenty. As much as I can, anytime i can! I'm a Meatosaurus, baby!!!! Just check my stack in my sig.

:cheers:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
How much red meat do I eat? Plenty. As much as I can, anytime i can! I'm a Meatosaurus, baby!!!! Just check my stack in my sig.

:cheers:
let me know when you are going to be in my neighborhood-so i can bring my dog inside.:chairfall:

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
let me know when you are going to be in my neighborhood-so i can bring my dog inside.:chairfall:
Haha If i were on that stack my heart would give out before i caught your dog. Hell he could be tied to the tree and i still probably wouldnt catch him in time.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I save dogs for my dog to eat. ;) Just kidding! I've never knowingly eaten dog, but I'm not all that opposed to trying it. My general motto is: If it walks, runs, crawls, slithers, swims, flies, eats, aspires or procreates, I'll eat it atleast once. :food:

Haha If i were on that stack my heart would give out before i caught your dog. Hell he could be tied to the tree and i still probably wouldnt catch him in time.
I could never eat all that in a day. The Baconator and the Double down are actually quite tasty, though. I get the meat sweats from the baconator, but it's like a mini-endurance race of protein love. :D And that double down... it's a flippin MEAT-wich. How can anyone argue with meat with meat in the middle lubricated by cheese?!?!? That's love right there. Pure, unadulterated love. :D

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
I eat a 5 guys triple cheeseburger about 3-4 days a week... would NEVER touch the fries tho. They taste amazing, but they will turn just about anyone into a lard cake when eaten regularly. Trust me, I work there :)

S

slimcharles

Banned
Awards
I save dogs for my dog to eat. ;) Just kidding! I've never knowingly eaten dog, but I'm not all that opposed to trying it. My general motto is: If it walks, runs, crawls, slithers, swims, flies, eats, aspires or procreates, I'll eat it atleast once. :food:
So you are okay with eating a human then?

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established

I could never eat all that in a day. The Baconator and the Double down are actually quite tasty, though. I get the meat sweats from the baconator, but it's like a mini-endurance race of protein love. :D And that double down... it's a flippin MEAT-wich. How can anyone argue with meat with meat in the middle lubricated by cheese?!?!? That's love right there. Pure, unadulterated love. :D
Lol i figured your living large stack wbut ilimit those to like once a month lol. Never had the double down but that is the first thing that kfc has come out with that caught my intrest lol. Boy do i love me some 5 guys! Damn good eating. A double with bacon mushrooms and A1. Might have to go get me one today and i dont pass on the fries

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I eat a 5 guys triple cheeseburger about 3-4 days a week... would NEVER touch the fries tho. They taste amazing, but they will turn just about anyone into a lard cake when eaten regularly. Trust me, I work there :)
I really don't eat many of them at all. My wife and daughter usually have at 'em. I don't like potatoes.

So you are okay with eating a human then?
Controversial question! Well, as I have no real religious views that would conflict with it, only moral issues, I'd probably have an easier time making that decision than most. To answer your question, I would. I hear we taste like chicken. ;) :lol:

Lol i figured your living large stack wbut ilimit those to like once a month lol. Never had the double down but that is the first thing that kfc has come out with that caught my intrest lol. Boy do i love me some 5 guys! Damn good eating. A double with bacon mushrooms and A1. Might have to go get me one today and i dont pass on the fries
Great. Now I'm hungry...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
fun thread, keep em coming.:chairfall:

marco wolf

marco wolf

Awards
  • Established
I don't know if they're better than creatine, but they're healthy.

Liver tabs
Brewers yeast
wheat germ oil
cod liver oil
kelp tablets
coconut oil

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I don't know if they're better than creatine, but they're healthy.

Liver tabs
Brewers yeast
wheat germ oil
cod liver oil
kelp tablets
coconut oil
Liver tabs are an awsome meal protein for when you don't what a shake that's just protein and no other nutrients.

What's the point of the wheat germ oil?

zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle

Awards
  • Established
Some of my staples are amino acids. Beta alanine, bcaa, carnitine...
I ordered some of these from primordial performance. I'll be mixing them together into my own custom preworkout mix.

marco wolf

marco wolf

Awards
  • Established
All of the things I mentioned are either nutrient dense, or provide nutrients that are hard to find elsewhere.

Wheat germ oil is the highest natural source of vitamin E. One tablespoon provides 100% of the RDA. It also has octacosanol, B vitamins and many minerals. Mainly the vitamin E.

Brewers yeast: B vitamins, chromium, selenium and other minerals

Kelp tablets: trace minerals

Coconut oil: MCT's, which are 50% lauric acid. Lauric acid is converted to monolauren in the body. Highest natural source of lauric acid.

Monolaurin is the antibacterial, antiviral, and antiprotozoal monoglyceride used by the humans to destroy lipid coated viruses such as HIV, herpes, cytomegalovirus, influenza, various pathogenic bacteria including listeria monocytogenes and heliobacter pylori, and protozoa such as giardia lamblia. Some studies have also shown some antimicrobial effects of the free lauric acid."

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
in my college nutrition class there was a chart ranking coconut oil very low due to all of the saturated fats in it, i see the containers of it sittin in with the pill section of walmart, tho. so is it not that bad?

marco wolf

marco wolf

Awards
  • Established
in my college nutrition class there was a chart ranking coconut oil very low due to all of the saturated fats in it, i see the containers of it sittin in with the pill section of walmart, tho. so is it not that bad?
I don't believe 90% of what "experts" say. The other 10%, they probably got lucky.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
All of the things I mentioned are either nutrient dense, or provide nutrients that are hard to find elsewhere.

Wheat germ oil is the highest natural source of vitamin E. One tablespoon provides 100% of the RDA. It also has octacosanol, B vitamins and many minerals. Mainly the vitamin E.

Brewers yeast: B vitamins, chromium, selenium and other minerals

Kelp tablets: trace minerals

Coconut oil: MCT's, which are 50% lauric acid. Lauric acid is converted to monolauren in the body. Highest natural source of lauric acid.
This is what I love to hear about. A return to healthy bodybuilding, where your goal with supplements is to refill nuitrients that you lose during training. Right now, I'm getting interested in lecithin. I don't wanna hype it to much and raise the price, but it contains some nutrients that are currently gaining popularity in a product that cost a hell of a lot more.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
This is what I love to hear about. A return to healthy bodybuilding, where your goal with supplements is to refill nuitrients that you lose during training. Right now, I'm getting interested in lecithin. I don't wanna hype it to much and raise the price, but it contains some nutrients that are currently gaining popularity in a product that cost a hell of a lot more.
talkin about PP's toco8?

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
talkin about PP's toco8?
I gueaa Ill just say it since I wanna rebell againt ovcerpriced products. Endoamp.
Minus the a-gpc. We also have to consider that this product has already lost a lot of popularity.

O

onlyone

Awards
I gueaa Ill just say it since I wanna rebell againt ovcerpriced products. Endoamp.
Minus the a-gpc. We also have to consider that this product has already lost a lot of popularity.
Can some one that tried it tell me what´s so good about Endoamp?!