Alpha Lipoic Acid and GH release

ummmwhat

Awards
Hi, I've had a theory for a while and would like some input on it. I know that low blood sugar, specifically at bedtime helps release growth hormone (cited example below).
So would taking an R-ala supplement or something including other insulin mimickers (glycobol) right before bed cause low blood sugar which would in turn release more GH?
In my mind this would also make GH releasing products more effective when taken along side ALA.
Looking forward to any kind of response

Hypoglycemia: A Potent Stimulus to Secretion of Growth Hormone
Jesse Roth 1, Seymour M. Glick 1, Rosalyn S. Yalow 1, and Solomon A. Berson 1

1 Radioisotope Service, Veterans' Administration Hospital, Bronx 68, New York

In normal subjects, hypoglycemia produces an abrupt and sustained rise in levels of human growth hormone in plasma. This effect is independent of insulin, glucagon, or epinephrine. Prolonged fasting is accompanied by a rise in the hormone level in plasma. Measurement of this hormone after induced hypoglycemia is a specific test for pituitary somatotropic function.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
err it can cause problems if ur blood sugar drops too low especially during sleep but a low dose or something very mild could work. ive heard of people doing one cap of yellow gold before bed to help. not sure if it helped, tho.

also tapering the amount of carbs during the day, more in the morning and less at night will help

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
GDAs on market should not drop your sugars to dangerously low levels.

its fine to take 2 caps gbol or any partioner pre bed itll actually help you sleep.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I knew some kids who loved junk food that grew to be pretty tall. We might be freaking out about this whole insulin vs GH thing.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
i dont think its the height thing that ppl want higher GH levels for. it helps with recovery/fat burning as well

narraboth

Awards
  • Established
I think that's all 'vinegar before sleep' about.
(please check supplement articles sub-forum)

Hi, I've had a theory for a while and would like some input on it. I know that low blood sugar, specifically at bedtime helps release growth hormone (cited example below).
So would taking an R-ala supplement or something including other insulin mimickers (glycobol) right before bed cause low blood sugar which would in turn release more GH?
In my mind this would also make GH releasing products more effective when taken along side ALA.
Looking forward to any kind of response

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
i dont think its the height thing that ppl want higher GH levels for. it helps with recovery/fat burning as well
I know what they whant GH for, Im just saying that it's something to think about.