Kre-Alkalyn/Glutamine :Help please

Remixman

Awards
Can i take a capsule of Kre-Alkalyn after my workout with some ON glutamate added into my protein shake . I heard they compete for receptors or something along those lines.

Would really appreciate some feed back becasue i dont want to just be throwing my money out the window.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
weird... never read that about glutamine and creatine. I'll have to do some digging to see if there's any truth to this.

OP where did you hear of this?

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
What an idiot, they compete for the same receptors the receptor being a site at wich there is a chemical reaction taking place, both these substances are thought to compete for the sodium molecule...that being the recpetor i spoke of,not bind, who said anything about binding...? oh yeah you did..fool.
By shaun lebron.
There's a lot of conflicting research that shows creatine and glutamine may compete directly with one another for cell transport and absorption.

That's because both creatine and glutamine use the same transport method (sodium) to be absorbed by the body, so there's a chance that one will get absorbed more than the other.
Great post, i love mono and some dextrose straight after a workout, but never with glutamine as creatine and glutamine compete for the same receptor.
Best time to take creatine though is in the morning, and if you can on an empty stomach, watch the difference, less bloating, more gains, take care guys.
There's no need for the immature name calling. It doesn't help that you're wrong and alwaysgaining was right. They don't compete for receptors. From Layne's protein debunking arcticle: Creatine transport is regulated by the Creatine Transporter7 while glutamine transport is regulated by a system known as "System Nm." 8
Not sure what to make of it.

Remixman

Awards
I know right. I mean i dont want to be wrong and just be wasting my Kre-Alk tablets and the glutamine at the same time.