megadosing L-carnitine

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    I have run it at over 20 grams a day. Watch out for your intestines as it can have a wicked laxative effect.

Since this, and creatine, were the only products I could smuggle into AIT (right after basic), I dosed the liquid form 5 times a day with EXCELLENT body recomp results and amazing endurance.

I'm looking to make a blended Liquid carnitine(fumerate, PLCAR, ALCAR, Tartarate) product here very soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    I prefer PLCAR for sure, which is expensive enough. GPLC would add significant cost with very little to no (IMO) benefit.

I will also be adding Pantethine and DL-Panthenol as a coenzyme A precursors with high efficiency and some evidence on its own supporting body recomposition.
    Nice! Any idea to when this will be coming out?

2. I ran out of my ALCAR yesterday, and still waiting for my NP order to get here.

I'm going through ALCAR withdrawal
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Frequency View Post
    Someone might clarify better or more accurately but carnitine brings fuel to your mitochondria. When this fuel is burned by your body oxidized waste material (free radicals) are formed. When your mega dosing carn your basically uping the potential for more free radicals. Its been a while since if read up on this stuff so if i missed or messed up on some finer points someone will correct me. A great solution some is green tea caps,a form of CoQ10, and maybe a form of r-ala if you can swing it.
    Excellent, great response. Thank you. I am on Glycobol with contains a very high amount of na-r-ALA, and I always take a greens supplement which contains an ORAC blend, so I believe I will be alright. I appreciate your help and explanation.

4. Ive used all lots of L-carnitine before. LCLT, Acetyl, L-carnitine. Ive used up to 8grams a day but never thought to use 20-wow. Im a huge fan of L-carnitine and all its versions. The benefits ive seen are many, you can see and feel its effects for sure. Currently im running GPLC 3.5 grams, along with Arginocarn( imo currently the best form) 3 grams and im seeing great results. I get mine from Primordial Performance btw.

5. Does anyone know exactly how many mg are in a 1/4tsp of NP's bulk ALCAR? I'm guessing I consume about 2.8g with each serving I have. That's figuring about 700mg per 1/4tsp. I consume 2-3 servings a day.

I can't believe how much I miss this stuff. I'm chomping at the bit, waiting for my order to arrive.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420 View Post
    Does anyone know exactly how many mg are in a 1/4tsp of NP's bulk ALCAR? I'm guessing I consume about 2.8g with each serving I have. That's figuring about 700mg per 1/4tsp. I consume 2-3 servings a day.

I can't believe how much I miss this stuff. I'm chomping at the bit, waiting for my order to arrive.
    The old white bottle was 750mg.

7. Quote Originally Posted by kingdong View Post
    The old white bottle was 750mg.
    Thank you. I would assume the black container would be the same.

So the tiny "cc" scooper in the container would measure out 750mg?

8. Quote Originally Posted by kingdong View Post
    Carnitine is one of those amino's that should do a lot, but it's L form has low bioavailability. Has anyone tried high dosed L-carnitine to see if it matches the effects of things like PLCAR and GPLC?

why would you even bother.
    0.5g-1g of Acetyl L-Carnitine (ALCAR) would give you probibbly as much as 30g of just l-carnitine in terms of making it to your blood/brain ect.

id just grab bulk ALCAR powder if i was you

9. Quote Originally Posted by RAHHH View Post
    why would you even bother.
    0.5g-1g of Acetyl L-Carnitine (ALCAR) would give you probibbly as much as 30g of just l-carnitine in terms of making it to your blood/brain ect.

id just grab bulk ALCAR powder if i was you
    depends what you want it for exactly i suppose. Like i try to make clear i have very limited knowledge on most subjects i enter but ill share what i have... the acetylation of ALCAR is what gives carnitine its great ability to cross the blood brain barrier as opposed just mainly affecting mitochondria everywhere in the body. Depending on what is attached to carnitine, along with many other things, depicts what effect it will have. I believe propionyl-L-carnitine is the form that provides basic general carnitine benefits as the prpionyl(salt?ester?) helps with general absorption and plays some sort of role in the mitochondria.

10. There is an excellent article pertaining to LCLT and many of the subjects mentioned in this thread in this month's MD ironically (with Roelly Winklaar on the cover)

11. Is:

L-Carnitine Tartrate
    the same as
    L-Carnitine L-Tartrate??

Now sells something it calls L-Carnitine from Tartrate or L-Carnitine Tartrate WITHOUT the L before Tartrate

12. Quote Originally Posted by goonstopher View Post
    Is:

L-Carnitine Tartrate
    the same as
    L-Carnitine L-Tartrate??

Now sells something it calls L-Carnitine from Tartrate or L-Carnitine Tartrate WITHOUT the L before Tartrate
    yeap

Tartrate, naturally found in some foods, acts to stabilize l-carnitine. l-Carnitine is a dipeptide found in great abundance in the body, especially the heart and skeletal muscle. It maintains efficient fat utilization by transporting long-chain fatty acids into the mitochondria where they can be broken down by a process called beta oxidation (fat metabolism) to produce energy

13. Carnitine Creatinate (L-Carnitine and Creatine Monohydrate)

Carnitine Creatinate Monohydrate is a specialized form of Creatine bonded to L-Carnitine. Creatine is a compound natural to the human body that aids in the regeneration of ATP, the chemical energy used by muscle tissue. During exercise, large quantities of creatine are irreversibly consumed. Clinical studies have shown that oral supplementation with Creatine can increase the amount of Creatine available in muscles for ATP production. L-Carnitine is an amino acid that is necessary for the transfer of fatty acids into the fat-burning parts of the cell, facilitating energy production from fat. The combination of these two compounds can produce a synergistic effect.

Carnitine Taurinate

Carnitine Arginate

14. Am i right in thinking lclt increase androgen receptor density? What does that actually meanin terms of effects, better testosterone efficiency or something at the androgen receptor? Some one clear that up for me please.

If so would stacking it with a test boosting compound work in synergy together like say Divanil or the Formestane LV by PP???

15. Quote Originally Posted by xx Zues xx View Post
    Am i right in thinking lclt increase androgen receptor density? What does that actually meanin terms of effects, better testosterone efficiency or something at the androgen receptor? Some one clear that up for me please.

If so would stacking it with a test boosting compound work in synergy together like say Divanil or the Formestane LV by PP???
    i had been on 200mg test cyp weekly for around 5 months when andrew recommended lclt to me. within the 1st week i noticed increased effects of the test cyp-hope that helps.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

16. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    i had been on 200mg test cyp weekly for around 5 months when andrew recommended lclt to me. within the 1st week i noticed increased effects of the test cyp-hope that helps.
    Was this limited to you "feeling" different or was there an effect on body composition?

17. Has anyone tried ArginoCarn? Arginine and carnitine are my favorite aminos.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Bionic View Post
    Was this limited to you "feeling" different or was there an effect on body composition?
    i gained a ton of weight when i started test cyp-24 pounds 234, and around the time i started lclt i went on my cut-currently weighing in at 198. a lot of hard work plus a variety of supps played a role in my weight loss-recomp, testopro/oep/formestanelv/alpha t-2, but i believe lclt has played a role.

19. Quote Originally Posted by zombiemuscle View Post
    Has anyone tried ArginoCarn? Arginine and carnitine are my favorite aminos.
    Tried it and I like it. Great for increased energy. For me it is better than GPLC.

20. Quote Originally Posted by smutty View Post
    Tried it and I like it. Great for increased energy. For me it is better than GPLC.
    Care to go into more detail how it is better? How much of the the arginine form would i have to use to see some benefit, because if i use reccomended doese which i think is 3 grams its costly...

21. Quote Originally Posted by zombiemuscle View Post
    Has anyone tried ArginoCarn? Arginine and carnitine are my favorite aminos.
    What about the cadre of scientific repudiations and inimical findings published demonstrating the replete lack of any efficaciousness regarding this semi essential alpha amino; moreover there has actually been a categorical and terminal body of published science that has evidenced arginine as decreasing time to muscular failure? It not only severely lacks any semblance of scientific validity concerning it's once purported and pimped NO2 modulating and amplifying capabilities, but it actually DEcreases performance.

I'd like to hear your introspection on these assertions.

22. Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    What about the cadre of scientific repudiations and inimical findings published demonstrating the replete lack of any efficaciousness regarding this semi essential alpha amino; moreover there has actually been a categorical and terminal body of published science that has evidenced arginine as decreasing time to muscular failure? It not only severely lacks any semblance of scientific validity concerning it's once purported and pimped NO2 modulating and amplifying capabilities, but it actually DEcreases performance.

I'd like to hear your introspection on these assertions.
    My introspection is based upon actual use of these free form amino acids. I've hit the gym with zero supplements and have also lifted with pure arginine. I found my pumps were easier eachieved with arginine than without. Muscle hardness was better and longer lasting. Furthermore, did you know arginine can increase growth hormone at higher doses?

As for the l-carnitine... There exists a multitude of studies proving its effectiveness at mobilizing fats into the mitochondria for energy production. L-carnitine also is used to increased androgen receptor density. I can 'feel' the l-carnitine when I take it. It makes me feel great, gives me energy, improves mental clarity.

23. Quote Originally Posted by zombiemuscle View Post
    My introspection is based upon actual use of these free form amino acids. I've hit the gym with zero supplements and have also lifted with pure arginine. I found my pumps were easier eachieved with arginine than without. Muscle hardness was better and longer lasting. Furthermore, did you know arginine can increase growth hormone at higher doses?

As for the l-carnitine... There exists a multitude of studies proving its effectiveness at mobilizing fats into the mitochondria for energy production. L-carnitine also is used to increased androgen receptor density. I can 'feel' the l-carnitine when I take it. It makes me feel great, gives me energy, improves mental clarity.
    I'm on board with you regarding L-Carnitine (LCLT and GPLC). On the Arginine front, I am not in any way trying to draw you into a debate, but I can't help but reference and expound upon the fact L-Arginine has been repetitively shown to lack any/all meaningful NO2 or overall performance modulating effect whatsoever; even in the original study performed years ago (that has been so embattled and twisted to neatly fit within the context manufacturers need to justify their outrageous claims of efficacy) which gave birth to the endless sea of NO2 product progeny, the Arginine was infused intravenously and STILL had a meager measure of enhancement of any kind.

24. Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    I'm on board with you regarding L-Carnitine (LCLT and GPLC). On the Arginine front, I am not in any way trying to draw you into a debate, but I can't help but reference and expound upon the fact L-Arginine has been repetitively shown to lack any/all meaningful NO2 or overall performance modulating effect whatsoever; even in the original study performed years ago (that has been so embattled and twisted to neatly fit within the context manufacturers need to justify their outrageous claims of efficacy) which gave birth to the endless sea of NO2 product progeny, the Arginine was infused intravenously and STILL had a meager measure of enhancement of any kind.
    Nonetheless, arginine has benefits beyond it's claimed NO2 abilities.

25. Quote Originally Posted by zombiemuscle View Post
    Nonetheless, arginine has benefits beyond it's claimed NO2 abilities.
    just like trib-companies were pushing new products and posted dozens of studies that showed trib did not increase test and was therefore 'worthless'. now companies are pushing new products that don't contain arginine and everyone is bashing arginine as worthless.

you can post studies till you are blue in the face, i will still continue to use trib and arginine.

26. Check out this study:

l-arginine

27. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    just like trib-companies were pushing new products and posted dozens of studies that showed trib did not increase test and was therefore 'worthless'. now companies are pushing new products that don't contain arginine and everyone is bashing arginine as worthless.

you can post studies till you are blue in the face, i will still continue to use trib and arginine.
    I understand that, and that is your prerogative. I am just not of the financial persuasion to continually invest my resources into an amino acid that has been invariably and unremittingly shown beyond any shadow of a doubt in vivo to exhibit absolutely no ergogenic benefit. I made a conscious choice of cessation over the past three years of all supplements (nutraceutical and pharmaceutical alike) in order to self evolve and experiment with a fevered and aggressive all natural offensive to hone and perfect my natural physique prowess and aptitude; during that time my research never slowed or dwindled, and it caused a shift in dynamic in my overall methods of operation. I have had the rare and rewarding balanced mixture of anecdotal and literature based experiences that have congealed into my philosophies/practices I am involved with today in my athletic ambitions - and no room exists for investment and ingestion of anything unfounded and ignoble.

28. Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    I understand that, and that is your prerogative. I am just not of the financial persuasion to continually invest my resources into an amino acid that has been invariably and unremittingly shown beyond any shadow of a doubt in vivo to exhibit absolutely no ergogenic benefit. I made a conscious choice of cessation over the past three years of all supplements (nutraceutical and pharmaceutical alike) in order to self evolve and experiment with a fevered and aggressive all natural offensive to hone and perfect my natural physique prowess and aptitude; during that time my research never slowed or dwindled, and it caused a shift in dynamic in my overall methods of operation. I have had the rare and rewarding balanced mixture of anecdotal and literature based experiences that have congealed into my philosophies/practices I am involved with today in my athletic ambitions - and no room exists for investment and ingestion of anything unfounded and ignoble.
    don't put too much stock in studies-the info sheet that comes with my test cyp says 'use of anabolics will not enhance athletic performance' i guess conseco and mcguire didn't read that study, lol. if you look at a pdr you will find many drugs that they don't know the method of how it works-just that it works. imo that is the case with trib and arginine-just because some studies find arginine shows no increase in nitric oxide does not mean that it doesn't work by other means. and if you think trib is worthless talk to chuck diesel.

29. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    x2!!! i have been thinking of alcar/lclt/gplc all at 3 grams 2xday.
    Hey Tom did you end up trying that Carnitine stack?

I'm thinking of maybe giving this stack a try, almost 10g.

Wake up- LCLT 1g

Pre-workout- GPLC 4.5 g, ArginoCarn 1g

Post-Workout- ArginoCarn (Acetyl-L-Carnitine Arginate Dihydrochloride) 2 g

Post-Workout meal- LCLT 1g

Has anyone tried stacking GPLC, LCLT and ArginoCarn? If so how did you dose it?
    Core Nutritionals Representative

30. Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    Hey Tom did you end up trying that Carnitine stack?

I'm thinking of maybe giving this stack a try, almost 10g.

Wake up- LCLT 1g

Pre-workout- GPLC 4.5 g, ArginoCarn 1g

Post-Workout- ArginoCarn (Acetyl-L-Carnitine Arginate Dihydrochloride) 2 g

Post-Workout meal- LCLT 1g

Has anyone tried stacking GPLC, LCLT and ArginoCarn? If so how did you dose it?

BUMP! There has to be someone that has tried stacking all 3 ?
    Core Nutritionals Representative
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. carnitine tartarate vs. L-Carnitine
    By mkretz in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-28-2010, 12:17 AM
  2. L-Carnitine vs. Acetyl L-Carnitine?
    By jpk in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2008, 12:18 PM
  3. Megadosing JW?