How much Glutamine?

onlyone

Awards
How much is enough and how much should/can I take? I train 2 times a day and take 5gr with my shakes 3times a day, should I take more? I also got sick now, sucks big time, read something about it can help with the immune system, should I overdose now?

Thanks for your help!

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
How much is enough and how much should/can I take? I train 2 times a day and take 5gr with my shakes 3times a day, should I take more? I also got sick now, sucks big time, read something about it can help with the immune system, should I overdose now?

Thanks for your help!
are you supplementing with just glutamine or BCAAS as well?

onlyone

Awards
are you supplementing with just glutamine or BCAAS as well?
Both, I have pure Glutamine powder from Nutra and I have BCAAs from LG. I add Glutamine to the BCAA powder sometimes, is that good or too much?

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
depends how many servings of the bcaas u are taking because doesnt it have 2g glutamine already? if your taking like 3 scoops at a time then you dont need to add extra, i dont see adding more hurting anything though. If you just take a dose prewo and postwo youll be good, you could take 5-10g before you sleep if you want some people do that , cant say it will do anything extraordinary

Jon629

Jon629

Awards
I take roughly 10 grams per day. I think 5 grams is usually sufficient after your workout and I like to have 5 grams with my shake in the morning. I really don't think much more is necessary.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I take 5grams before bed and upon waking up. That's sufficient enough. just make sure u take ur bcaas as well. protein shakes usually have glutamine and bcaa's so u should be fine.

onlyone

Awards
I thought that it would be good too "over dose" Glutamine..? Like to boost recovery and immune system take 5gr a couple of times a day. Anyone know?

LiveNDie

Awards
5-30g or you could just skip to GABA.. and take 5g