SLINSHOT?

M

mason1014

Awards
What exactly is slinshot i know it deals with glucose levels and insulin from what ive read but what would it aid in gaining mass? any help would be appreciated trying to get a stack together seeing if i should add this in

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
What exactly is slinshot i know it deals with glucose levels and insulin from what ive read but what would it aid in gaining mass? any help would be appreciated trying to get a stack together seeing if i should add this in
i am logging it, but i am on a cut. so far i have upped carbs and added creatine and still lost a pound in 1st week.

pdredmon is logging it, and he is bulking-you might want to check out his log.

btw-according to the study slinshot has a dramatic effect on creatine absorption.

M

mason1014

Awards
ill have to check that out, i mean im trying to gain wieght im 6 4 about 205 so i have some bulking to do and was planning on getting on some creatine so that actually might be perfect

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
ill have to check that out, i mean im trying to gain wieght im 6 4 about 205 so i have some bulking to do and was planning on getting on some creatine so that actually might be perfect
i have been taking 1 slinshot 15 minutes before 6oz grape juice/3 grams creapure/3 grams bcaa's at start of workout-then repeating post workout and i am filling out very nicely even while on a cut.

M

mason1014

Awards
Alright thanks a lot i am definitely gonna try it, on another note when u use creatine how much fo u usually consume a day i got some powder for a real good deal and ive never done straight creatine before thanks i usually just do stuff like dark matter so this is new

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Alright thanks a lot i am definitely gonna try it, on another note when u use creatine how much fo u usually consume a day i got some powder for a real good deal and ive never done straight creatine before thanks i usually just do stuff like dark matter so this is new
i have been using 3 grams pre and 3 grams post. i weigh 199 and this is plenty.

Kookahdoo

Kookahdoo

Awards
  • Established
You don't need more than 5g of creatine/day. The rest will be excreted in your urine.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You don't need more than 5g of creatine/day. The rest will be excreted in your urine.
i think more creatine is absorbed into the muscle when taking slinshot 1st. i know i am reacting much better than usual to the creapure while taking slinshot. the study i read is what made me decide to run creatine with slinshot in the 1st place.

XxGetLeanxX

XxGetLeanxX

Awards
^^^^ this.

What's up Kook... haven't seen you on PHForum in awhile....do you still post there?

Either way....Just joined here...pretty cool forum, so I'll be back & forth. Fill me in when ya get a chance... can't PM ya yet, still under 7 posts.

Tare care....

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
exactly-5gm or 6gm it isn't that much difference, but i was just making the point that if taking slinshot before taking creatine the threshold should be higher than it would be normally. i am sticking with 3 gms pre and 3 gms post, for the duration of my slinshot cycle-been seeing some good results and don't want to mess with something that aint broken.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
exactly-5gm or 6gm it isn't that much difference, but i was just making the point that if taking slinshot before taking creatine the threshold should be higher than it would be normally. i am sticking with 3 gms pre and 3 gms post, for the duration of my slinshot cycle-been seeing some good results and don't want to mess with something that aint broken.
it decreased plasma levels there wasnt much on the uptake of it you can only assume 2 things, antagonism of creatine, or increased uptake. but what was written in the discussion part of the study didnt mention either. just that more needs to be done,.

Edit: also didnt mention excretion.. more or less.