1. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    No, we are talking tachycardia related to left ventricular hypertrophy as a result of undiagnosed sleep apnea.

Left ventricular function to date has been restored and size has reduced back to normal with coreg and my ace inhibitor.

I take 12.5mg twice a day and love it. I suffer no side effects what so ever, my blood sugar remains stable, my libido is fine as is my energy levels. I gain normal weight in the offseason and easily diet down to single digit bodyfat levels for shows.

Mike
    Well that actually sounds pretty good, Mike. It's all good so long as you get a happy ending.

My point is that caffeine gets a bad rap more times than not, so it seems people are generally scared of it without reason. That kind of irrational fear inevitably leads folks into making poor health choices, even when they have the best of intentions.

For example, chronic caffeine intake is shown to decrease circulating catecholamines, thus preventing diet-induced insulin resistance and hypertension. That's the exact benefit that you say your Coreg provides, so it seems you've just exchanged one for another. But which would do you better? First of all, caffeine is natural with a very long track record, unlike carvedilol which may be the next class-action drug withdrawn from the market for all anybody knows. Also, caffeine increases your respiratory function to promote reduction of apnea, but carvedilol tends to worsen lung congestion and possibly complicate breathing further (the beta nightmares don't help your sleep either.) Plus, caffeine has no long-term positive correlation with Stage IV Colorectal Cancer, but chronic use of beta blockers does unfortunately.

Now it sound like the Coreg is working great for you right now, so don't get me wrong because I'm mostly playing devils advocate, but maybe stims/caffeine should at least get a more fair shake without all this fear-based discriminatory bias I'm hearing here. There are 2 sides to every coin, and an honest doc or researcher will not fail to highlight them both.

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.05%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DR.D View Post
    Well that actually sounds pretty good, Mike. It's all good so long as you get a happy ending.

My point is that caffeine gets a bad rap more times than not, so it seems people are generally scared of it without reason. That kind of irrational fear inevitably leads folks into making poor health choices, even when they have the best of intentions.
    I agree and I hate that it gets a bad rap as well as I think it is very beneficial. Unfortunately our friend here was taking dosages outside the range of benefit haha. In really high doses of things a lot of compounds exhibit different receptor affinities, case in point dopamine given in the ED exhibits dopaminergic, alphanergic, or betanergic affinities whether it is given at a rate of 5, 10, or 15 so mega dosing (as you know) is of course unwise.

But the benefits of caffeine are definitely proven, it has a UV protectant effect they think as people who consume caffeine have a very significantly decreased chance of skin cancer. I write this while sipping my cup of coffee .

And how the heck are you doing Dr.D?!
    www.athletixsports.com Facebook: Athletix Sports Instagram: @athletixsports Twitter: @Athletix_Sports.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Athletix View Post
    I agree and I hate that it gets a bad rap as well as I think it is very beneficial. Unfortunately our friend here was taking dosages outside the range of benefit haha. In really high doses of things a lot of compounds exhibit different receptor affinities, case in point dopamine given in the ED exhibits dopaminergic, alphanergic, or betanergic affinities whether it is given at a rate of 5, 10, or 15 so mega dosing (as you know) is of course unwise.

But the benefits of caffeine are definitely proven, it has a UV protectant effect they think as people who consume caffeine have a very significantly decreased chance of skin cancer. I write this while sipping my cup of coffee .

And how the heck are you doing Dr.D?!
    Hey, I'm pretty good. Just trying to alleviate some of Whack's worry without starting a fight with anyone, lol. And I agree with you completely that dose is the prime consideration, so timing and moderation are indeed the keys. Caffeine can be an extremely versatile asset in one's regimen.

Get a hold of me sometime so we can catch up on stuff!
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.34%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

So I dropped caffeine. Resting HR dropped. Cardiologist says I'm not tachycardic and that it's stimulant related.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    So I dropped caffeine. Resting HR dropped. Cardiologist says I'm not tachycardic and that it's stimulant related.
    Job well done, good to hear!!!
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.32%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Yo CB!

I read 60-100 is "acceptable/normal"

Is 80-85 still considered "healthy"!?!?

The reason Im asking is b/c I recall reading somewhere that 72 is the high end or HEALTHY

Job well done, good to hear!!!
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Yo CB!

I read 60-100 is "acceptable/normal"

Is 80-85 still considered "healthy"!?!?

The reason Im asking is b/c I recall reading somewhere that 72 is the high end or HEALTHY
    Everyones body is different, I don't feel comfortable answering that question. My physician with my body muscle mass, did not feel comfortable with a resting HR of high 80s.

Mike
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.32%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Thanks Mike

Everyones body is different, I don't feel comfortable answering that question. My physician with my body muscle mass, did not feel comfortable with a resting HR of high 80s.

Mike
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

Similar Forum Threads

1. Heart palpitations/tachycardia from T?
    By GimmeT in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-12-2009, 01:37 PM
  2. tachycardia after high carb meals?
    By Gutterpump in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-27-2009, 10:40 PM
  3. Chronic Gastritis
    By MetalMX in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-26-2009, 10:16 AM
  4. Replies: 0