Topicals and sun exposure (Suppress-C to be exact)

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, got a question for you all regarding the use of topicals while being in the sun for prolonged periods. I am thinking of buying some Suppress-C as I see it has great reviews. However, with my current plan, right in the middle of my run with it I will be on a short 4-day vacation where I will be in the sun (that lovely June Tennessee sun) quite a bit. I see the directions for application say inner legs (shouldn't be a problem w/ sun exposure there lol) and inner arms. What are your thoughts? Also, I'm not a fan of shaving my legs AT ALL, will my manly hairy legs cause a problem for product absorption? Also exactly where on the "inner leg" are you applying and how far up the leg?

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
Generally it better applied on regions that have no to little hair, and thinnest skin area.

Notable other areas that you have not mentioned. Tops of the feet, behind the knee caps, chest, and stomach.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Generally it better applied on regions that have no to little hair, and thinnest skin area.

Notable other areas that you have not mentioned. Tops of the feet, behind the knee caps, chest, and stomach.
Thanks liquid, tops of the feet could become a problem due to the nature of the vacation, but the other places should be fine. How about in the sun? I'll be at a music festival and essentially outdoors for 4 1/2 days. I'll be in the sun from 9am to 9pm. Some point throughout the day I WILL have my shirt off due to the extreme heat. Any problems?

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
Thanks liquid, tops of the feet could become a problem due to the nature of the vacation, but the other places should be fine. How about in the sun? I'll be at a music festival and essentially outdoors for 4 1/2 days. I'll be in the sun from 9am to 9pm. Some point throughout the day I WILL have my shirt off due to the extreme heat. Any problems?
Well it is advised for the application to be dried first before wearing clothing, to prevent losing some of the application onto the clothing.

If you were to apply it, and let it dry, and not even wear a shirt, it would be a plus.

From the heat/sun, your pores should be more loose and open from it. To me it sounds like another plus factor.

I think it is best is to let it settle on your body for at least 5 minutes, before considering going out shirtless or not.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Liquid. I definetely wasn't going to go running out into the sun and let it burn into my skin haha. I mean, we will have a tent, and a shade tent/canopy at our camp, so it shouldn't be a huge problem. But I will also be inside the festival a majority of the time where shade is somewhat limited. Thanks for the advice though.

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Liquid. I definetely wasn't going to go running out into the sun and let it burn into my skin haha. I mean, we will have a tent, and a shade tent/canopy at our camp, so it shouldn't be a huge problem. But I will also be inside the festival a majority of the time where shade is somewhat limited. Thanks for the advice though.
Remember to clean the skin first, and no prob.

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
where you goin in TN?

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
I live in Greeneville, east of Knoxville