Citrulline Malate dosing

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
Anyone ever use Citrulline in high doses?

I love the Citrulline / Beta Alanine combo but due to price, only use 5-6g of CM pre workout only.

Finally, now i can get good deals and was thinking of upping the dose but first i'd like to know if anyone else has and the results they got. I don'twant to use high doses if it doesn't do anything.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anyone ever use Citrulline in high doses?

I love the Citrulline / Beta Alanine combo but due to price, only use 5-6g of CM pre workout only.

Finally, now i can get good deals and was thinking of upping the dose but first i'd like to know if anyone else has and the results they got. I don'twant to use high doses if it doesn't do anything.
Don't know what you consider a high dose but I've ran it @ 4-5g along with a bunch of other ingredients :p

//CC

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ivtake beta alanine alone at 2grams pre and post not sure if you get more of a kick but 2grams seems to be sufficent enough. Never really took cm but lookingvinto trying it out.

MBSowards

Awards
I see no real reason to dose any higher than 6grams/day.

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
Ivtake beta alanine alone at 2grams pre and post not sure if you get more of a kick but 2grams seems to be sufficent enough. Never really took cm but lookingvinto trying it out.
why alanine post?

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've read to take it 2-3times per day

MBSowards

Awards
why alanine post?
As long as you're getting 3-6 grams of BA throughout the day, the timing isn't really important. The consistent dosing will lead to the benefit. There aren't really any time specific advantages to Beta Alanine intake.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is good to take beta with creatine as itvworjs better together.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I suggest taking it pre and post but there's no time frame but I believe it works better that way and if you want an extra dose in the am. But more than 6grams is to much.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
what about nutraplant's brand CM that says 2:1 at the top of the page compared to the other brand thats actually cheaper. are they the same thing?

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
what about nutraplant's brand CM that says 2:1 at the top of the page compared to the other brand thats actually cheaper. are they the same thing?
Nutaplanet is the brand i use. Their Beta Alanine as well.

I've tried these 2 supps in so many combinations, including trying each solo but the combination is unbeatable.

I only train 4 days a week so i only use the CM 4 days a week but was considering increasing that to daily on off days and twice a day on training days.

MBSowards

Awards
I was thinking 12-18 grams over 2-3 doses.
Honestly I think the most benefit you're going to get from it would probably be at 6 or so grams. I think if you were dosing higher than 10 it'd be like throwing it away.

If you must a 5/5 or 6/4 split would probably be the most effective.

One before workout and one any other time in the day, with the bigger dose (if you go 6/4) preworkout.

SonicSWOLE

SonicSWOLE

Awards
  • Established
Interesting. I'll be upping my PW dose. Thanks guys.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Interesting. I'll be upping my PW dose. Thanks guys.
i was on incarnate for about a month, seeing nice results. then i noticed body octane had ba and cit mal and i really liked body octane, so i bought some cit mal and started taking 3 gms with my doses of incarnate-the difference was immediate and dramatic, stayed on this for another 2 months-been a fan of cit mal every since. i don't think 6-8 gms cit mal is needed in one dose, i think splitting it into 2 doses would show same effects.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
so basically, if you took the cit mal in the morning you would have the same benefit if you took it pre workout (if u lift at night)? so should i be taking this in my off days too?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
so basically, if you took the cit mal in the morning you would have the same benefit if you took it pre workout (if u lift at night)? so should i be taking this in my off days too?
if you are only dosing once a day take it before workout.

SonicSWOLE

SonicSWOLE

Awards
  • Established
i was on incarnate for about a month, seeing nice results. then i noticed body octane had ba and cit mal and i really liked body octane, so i bought some cit mal and started taking 3 gms with my doses of incarnate-the difference was immediate and dramatic, stayed on this for another 2 months-been a fan of cit mal every since. i don't think 6-8 gms cit mal is needed in one dose, i think splitting it into 2 doses would show same effects.
Currently I take 3g 3-4x day. I may just be upping the PW dose and see if any difference.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Currently I take 3g 3-4x day. I may just be upping the PW dose and see if any difference.
upping the pw might be cheaper than 12 gms of bulk cit mal daily, lol.

SonicSWOLE

SonicSWOLE

Awards
  • Established
upping the pw might be cheaper than 12 gms of bulk cit mal daily, lol.
Eh, T, you know me and all my bulk supplies......expenses? No worries. Kilos of HMB do tend to get expensive though. :p

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Eh, T, you know me and all my bulk supplies......expenses? No worries. Kilos of HMB do tend to get expensive though. :p
my wife would cut off my balls if i bought a kilo of hmb, lol.

SonicSWOLE

SonicSWOLE

Awards
  • Established
my wife would cut off my balls if i bought a kilo of hmb, lol.
Lol, yeah I know what you mean. I just finally came clean about my 'little black bag'. :scool: Turned out better than expected, actually.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Lol, yeah I know what you mean. I just finally came clean about my 'little black bag'. :scool: Turned out better than expected, actually.
i aint fessin up to nothin, what she don't know can't hurt me.:newangel: