quick ZMA question

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
my ZMA bottle has directions for men and women. It says for men to take 3 capsules but women to take 2..... im only 125-130 lbs, do i follow the woman dosage?

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
depends what's between your legs...

IMO you'd be fine with 3 fella -- should be about 30mg of zinc. ZMA is zinc and magnesium, men need more zinc than women and i doubt weight really effects the issue. although you are pretty light -- just be sure you aren't taking too much zinc -- you will also find zinc in your multivitamin and possibly other supps.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
how much woudl u say woudl be too much............ what are signs of too much zinc?

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
upset stomach is the sign of too much zinc.

don't take zinc close to when you've had anything containing calcium -- calcium blocks the absorption of zinc

also don't be afraid to use google my friend. there's plenty of readily available info on the zinc out there.

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
also, how old are you and what are you trying to get out of taking zinc?

gbeast

Awards
i would take the dosage for men, but then again i am not a doctor. its not that much a difference in my opinion

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
ZMA is just supposed to clear up zinc and magnesium defciencies, so it all depends on how deficient you might be. At your fitness level, it may be easy to get enough. Of course, I have no idea weather you run marathons or what you do.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm taking 30mg Zinc before bed (ZMA) and 15mg in the morning (it's in my multivitamin). I haven't had any issues. I sleep like a rock on the stuff :thumbsup:

//CC

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GQdaLEGEND Alpha Gainz 17
lionking999 Anabolics 7
Product Reviews 2
khall1974 35 and Older 10
rabican Supplements 20