- 04-29-2010, 06:29 PM
Currently on the Alpha t2/OEP stack. I don't exactly count calories, but the basic list of what I eat in the day goes like this:
NutraPro shake(s) + rasp. ketones
Chick fil A sandwich (1-2 a week)
Whole grain tortillas or crackers
Preworkout: beta-alanine, AAKG, AEE, Norvaline, rasp. ketones
Also taking Prime
I'm not a bodybuilder type. I'm training for some triathlons, etc. so the diet may not be perfect.
Anyways, I've lost 9lbs in a month and I was wondering if adding maltodextrin to postworkout/preworkout mixes for sustained energy will cause me to gain weight?
Thanks for the criticism and advice.
- 04-29-2010, 06:37 PM
it'll cause you to gain fat....
There are many better choices IMO
I'd suggest sugar before I'd suggest malto
- 04-29-2010, 09:04 PM
I think this says it best.
FACTS about Maltodextrin:
* Maltodextrin has a glycemic index of 105 – That's sky-high on the chart - 5 Points higher than Glucose & 44 points higher than sucrose (Yep, that's straight-up table sugar!)
* Maltodextrin is found in large quantities in all the top selling pre-workout pump products.
* Most products contain between 6 to 11 grams of maltodextrin per scoop - With 2-3 scoops being required for effective dose!
* A "hardcore" dose of popular powders will yield up to 33 grams of Maltodextrin! That's 72-132 calories super-high GI carbs! Same as a can of soda!! -Maltodextrin is simply added as a filler to deceive you into thinking you are getting more for your money.
* And, to make things even shadier, Maltodextrin is often cleverly disguised on the label as "glucose polymers." How do we know they are being deceptive? That's a lot of carbs – why do they try to disguise it?
* High amounts of maltodextrin is what you pay for with those other formulas. Shipping, bigger packages & bottles all cost more. Who do you think is covering these costs?
Is your pre-workout product making you fat? If it has maltodextrin (i.e. "glucose polymers") then it certainly is.
04-29-2010, 09:27 PM
04-29-2010, 09:59 PM
04-29-2010, 10:33 PM
Is NP's Palatinose similar? I know it's a sugar. Or what about Waxy Maize? I'm just looking for something to break the wall I hit around an hour into lifting. I usually end up being in the gym for 1 1/2 - 2 hours because my school has a small weight room for way too many students and there are lines to get in a rack or dumbells.
Anyways, I just hit this point of exhaustion that doesn't seem related to the muscle group I work any particular day. I do have an empty stomach because I have this "phobia" that if I eat even just a little food around the time I drink my preworkout mix, it wont be as effective. I figured maltodextrin could help during this fat burning cycle.
04-29-2010, 10:44 PM
04-29-2010, 10:55 PM
04-30-2010, 09:30 AM
04-30-2010, 09:41 AM
04-30-2010, 10:01 AM
i am not terribly carb sensitive, but had no idea the 25gms malto i use in a PWO shake had that high GI.
How about oligo or just dextrose? Of course mixed w/ whey post-WO.
04-30-2010, 11:15 AM
Best carb i've seen around is Vitargo. Look it up.
04-30-2010, 05:03 PM
04-30-2010, 07:24 PM
I believe this stuff is just a powdered form of high fructose corn syrup. If you are going to use this after workouts make things simple for yourself and get a can of coke or pepsi from the vending machine on your way out.
Similar Forum Threads
- By classic27 in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 16Last Post: 07-21-2008, 02:33 PM
- By MrBrightside in forum SupplementsReplies: 8Last Post: 04-18-2008, 08:47 PM
- By CarterMalone in forum BulkingReplies: 4Last Post: 01-26-2008, 11:13 PM
- By dynomite in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 45Last Post: 06-06-2007, 09:21 AM
- By Rock Lee in forum Weight LossReplies: 1Last Post: 03-22-2004, 06:22 PM