Anti-Supplement Measure passed in reform bill.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just a heads up another bill slipped by regarding the government gaining controll of supps. I got this in an email I get that alerts when stuff like this is going on.

Congressman Waxman Slips Obscure Anti-Supplement Measure into Wall St. “Reform” Bill Passed by the HouseWelcome to the Alliance for Natural Health - USA; Please Take ActionConvio: Site Not Found to Prevent Same Thing Happening in the Senate!

This “sneak” legislative provision, going far beyond finance, provides a back door way to bypass the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA), the legislation that governs dietary supplements. Please do not delay. We may have only a few days to stop this in the Senate.

The Take Action link works it just says site not found.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Bump. I posted this also with the link.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No problem, can't let em screw with our supps.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
if i remember right waxman looks like he could use a cycle or 2 of aas's.

good looking out mrkleen.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
thanks replying to keep bumped

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
sent... thanks for the heads up Kleen.

slimcharles

Banned
Awards
Who cares, this would get rid of 99% of the useless supplements out there. My guess is USPLabs would instantly go out of business.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Who cares, this would get rid of 99% of the useless supplements out there. My guess is USPLabs would instantly go out of business.
Everyone knows 95+% of supps are junk dork, problem is this would get rid of the good ones too.

And sent it to whoever my senators are. Patty murray and doc hastings I think

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
You know this whole community pretty much revolves around supplements right? I don't care for most of USP's products, but Jack3d does work... It's probily one of the best selling Pwo's for the past year.

I sent in my request.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
well guy, if your intention was to be controversial and stir up sheit-congratulations.

i hope your other 47 posts were more thought out than this one.:newbie:

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
He's been posting all sorts crap in another thread too. Probably in an pathetic attempt to vex people. Guess he suffers from low self esteem!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well as long as this stays on top and people respond to it. Far too many of us rely on these supplements. Yet most are unaware that every friggin minute big pharmacy is trying to tear down the walls. That way they can make money off of the supplements and make holistic medicine unobtainable by the lower/mid income self medicators who have found ways to avoid the health system via supplemental measures. It isn't about getting bunk stuff of the streets, it is about the money machine that supplements have become and the hit that pharmacy is taking now that we have supps out there doing what the medicines used to with far less side effects.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think you would be 100% wrong... as a long time SUCCESSFUL user of USP products, your ignorance is unfounded and flat out annoying. Now go STFU unless you have something constructive to say.
:bryce:

EustisPanther

EustisPanther

Awards
  • Established
Don't you guys know that America has become a Wholly Owned Subsidiary of Pfizer .... !!!

Thanks corporate as* clowns, who only care about your bottom line..

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Remember guys you can still contact your rep via that link in first post to overturn this bill reform!!!! It isn't too late!!!

ekdevil

Awards
sweet.i hope they regulate it to stop propblends,underdosing and overpricing of the supp companies.

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
Well as long as this stays on top and people respond to it. Far too many of us rely on these supplements. Yet most are unaware that every friggin minute big pharmacy is trying to tear down the walls. That way they can make money off of the supplements and make holistic medicine unobtainable by the lower/mid income self medicators who have found ways to avoid the health system via supplemental measures. It isn't about getting bunk stuff of the streets, it is about the money machine that supplements have become and the hit that pharmacy is taking now that we have supps out there doing what the medicines used to with far less side effects.
Pardon my ignorance on the subject, but the way I think about it is that all this new reform stuff is being brought up because of taxes. I never spent a dime for taxes on all the supplements I bought. This is a couple billion dollar industry so you know the goverment is going to want a piece.

mildot

Awards
Waxman. Useful as toe jam...

The point of bill is to help the major companies more than the buying public... That is way with most laws for a while now.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Pardon my ignorance on the subject, but the way I think about it is that all this new reform stuff is being brought up because of taxes. I never spent a dime for taxes on all the supplements I bought. This is a couple billion dollar industry so you know the goverment is going to want a piece.
The government only recently removed the taxes for supplements. So I assume you just recently started using them within the past few years. Taxing them would not be any problem at all for them. It has nothing to do with the ability to tax them. Has more to do with government controlling the sources, turning the control over to pharmecuetical companies to keep getting the kick backs. They want their hands in stuff all the way dowen to multivitamins. Trust me there is nothing good to come. They will use scare tactics like they are trying to get rid of ProHormones, but leave the wording of the bills so generic and vague that they get to apply it to any type of supplement they want to control. Imagine needing a prescription for your kids Flinstone vitamins.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Somehow you do not leave out any opportunity to make a fool of yourself.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
sweet.i hope they regulate it to stop propblends,underdosing and overpricing of the supp companies.
Are you even paying attention? The things you hope for are the farthest thing from their minds. Its about taking control and classifying supps as drugs and making the drug companies the only place to get them.

Wake up people!

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
Waxman. Useful as toe jam...

The point of bill is to help the major companies more than the buying public... That is way with most laws for a while now.
Hey at least with toe jam there's productivity as well as the adventure of digging the crap out :popcorn: but Waxman ( holy :censored: look at his ears !!! ) is just as worthless as well.......a politician :chairshot:

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Hey at least with toe jam there's productivity as well as the adventure of digging the crap out :popcorn: but Waxman ( holy :censored: look at his ears !!! ) is just as worthless as well.......a politician :chairshot:
Look at the rest of him lol =x

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well Said!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
follow the money trail-with all the problems this country is facing do any of you really think politicians are all that concerned about supplements? special interest is behind this, i.e big pharmaceutical and their millions spent on political campaigns.

we have to show the politico's that no matter how much money big business gives them for re-election campaigns, we will not re-elect them if they sell us out.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
follow the money trail-with all the problems this country is facing do any of you really think politicians are all that concerned about supplements? special interest is behind this, i.e big pharmaceutical and their millions spent on political campaigns.

we have to show the politico's that no matter how much money big business gives them for re-election campaigns, we will not re-elect them if they sell us out.
Reps for this man!

EustisPanther

EustisPanther

Awards
  • Established
These are extremely important issues. But what can we on the small scale do, I mean really... The guys in power all have each others hands in their pockets and they're not going to change. When it's time for the new guys to take their places it will just be the same. What can the average citizen do to break this cycle before it escalates even farther out of control...

What comes to mind is revolution. Protests are a joke. We need something substantial to bring about reform.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
These are extremely important issues. But what can we on the small scale do, I mean really... The guys in power all have each others hands in their pockets and they're not going to change. When it's time for the new guys to take their places it will just be the same. What can the average citizen do to break this cycle before it escalates even farther out of control...

What comes to mind is revolution. Protests are a joke. We need something substantial to bring about reform.
We overturn these all the time by sending the letters to the representatives. They continue to come back in other ways but we have to make the voice heard if not and you lose your supps and did nothing to fight for them you can not rightfully complain. Not many people get off their butts to say anything on any issues so when people do they (representatives) take notice.

EustisPanther

EustisPanther

Awards
  • Established
We overturn these all the time by sending the letters to the representatives. They continue to come back in other ways but we have to make the voice heard if not and you lose your supps and did nothing to fight for them you can not rightfully complain. Not many people get off their butts to say anything on any issues so when people do they (representatives) take notice.

I made sure to fill out my message on that link. I've emailed it to all my friends. I just hope we can get the word out to enough people.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
you are so right, i have worked as a volunteer on election campaigns-and if enough people voice their opinion politicians will take notice.

Balance

Balance

Awards
Just went back and watched the part of "Bigger, Stronger, Faster" that features Waxman. I would be surprised if this guy can tie his own shoes....

Youtube "Rep. Henry Waxman clueless in Bigger Stronger Faster"
:saw:

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, wasn't he asking what the legal drinking age is or something at one point? All I remember thinking is how the hell does this guy have a job???

Balance

Balance

Awards
Haha my thoughts exactly, and not knowing if steroids were banned in sports like... really? Did he really just second guess that? And then ask his assistant?!