WHATS YOUR TAKE ON SOY PROTEIN?

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
There seems to be one or two companies that include this in their blend of protein powders.
I have always thought and read that especially for the older guy , soy was to be avoided because of its estrogenic properties However for women its a different story -a quote from a recent study "Soy may actually reduce the amount of estrogen that's available to the body.
"Soy isoflavones may compete with estrogens produced by the body. Soy isoflavones may also reduce the body's production of estrogen, and increase clearance of these hormones from the circulation--all of which together reduce the overall amount of estrogen in the body," says the lead author of the study, Dr. Xiao Ou Shu, M.D., Ph.D., a cancer epidemiologist at the Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center of Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee. "

So could this information be useful for those on pct ?

In his book " THE TESTOSTERONE SYNDROME " by Dr Shippen which is a useful read for anyone on test replacement therapy ,he has put his patients on soy when high estrogen has affected libido Soy is high in isoflavones which is a type of phytoestrogen and similar in structure to human estrogen but weaker than the active effect of estradiol.These phytoestrogens compete with the receptor sites in the human body and block the action of estradiol.

So is soy protein something to consider rather than be dismissed altogether (for men)?

Dcell22

Dcell22

Awards
Good topic man. Wondered about, n seen contradicting studies/articles/statements, for some time now. I like eating tofu (cheap complete protein, can be tasty if done right), n drink soy milk to varying extents, though I'm back to drinking milk mainly at the moment as even organic milk is cheaper by the ounce than soymilk. Be nice if raw milk was still sold but that's another topic lol. Anyway, I've never noticed any kind of ill effects from rather heavy soy consumption but I still wonder what the verdict is on this debate

PowerHouse555

PowerHouse555

Awards
  • Established
I wont ever do it...why would you. With all the studies showing that there are plant estrogens in it and how it may or may not effect us our hormonal chemistry, Whey is by for soooooo much better in virtually every way especially with the new 100% Hydrolyzed and most brands put more Leucine and glutamine ion it.

Dont be a fool WHEY is the WAY to GO for a meat head. Unless you are a post-menopausal woman than by all means SOY it up.

risktaker

Awards
There seems to be one or two companies that include this in their blend of protein powders.
I have always thought and read that especially for the older guy , soy was to be avoided because of its estrogenic properties However for women its a different story -a quote from a recent study "Soy may actually reduce the amount of estrogen that's available to the body.
"Soy isoflavones may compete with estrogens produced by the body. Soy isoflavones may also reduce the body's production of estrogen, and increase clearance of these hormones from the circulation--all of which together reduce the overall amount of estrogen in the body," says the lead author of the study, Dr. Xiao Ou Shu, M.D., Ph.D., a cancer epidemiologist at the Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center of Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee. "

So could this information be useful for those on pct ?

In his book " THE TESTOSTERONE SYNDROME " by Dr Shippen which is a useful read for anyone on test replacement therapy ,he has put his patients on soy when high estrogen has affected libido Soy is high in isoflavones which is a type of phytoestrogen and similar in structure to human estrogen but weaker than the active effect of estradiol.These phytoestrogens compete with the receptor sites in the human body and block the action of estradiol.

So is soy protein something to consider rather than be dismissed altogether (for men)?
Your trying to get bitch tits, soy is for women only.